Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    McCain, for one, does quite a lot. But he is an eagle, he doesn't quite fit with the majority of the career Republicans.
    Its pretty obvious that the years have driven any fight he had left in him completely out. The 2008 loss and the compromises he had to make with his political identity to try to fight obamas populism definitely left scars. Dont trust him to show up to a real fight

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Its pretty obvious that the years have driven any fight he had left in him completely out. The 2008 loss and the compromises he had to make with his political identity to try to fight obamas populism definitely left scars. Dont trust him to show up to a real fight
    He'll furrow his brow, something something gravely concerned, then vote where McConnell says to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    McCain is a fucking spineless hack. He talks big but votes on the party line just like everyone else.
    I strongly disagree. He definitely isn't spineless, he mostly sticks to the party line, because it aligns with his values, but he doesn't let the individuals in that party dictate him what to do. He is a soldier, a fighter in blood, and he isn't going to watch peacefully as the country succumbs to an oligarchy, regardless of his political preferences.

I disagree with his many stances, but I respect people like him highly: they do not flip between the stances whenever convenient, they stick to their line regardless of all the criticism. Unlike most other Republicans (and probably most Democrats too), who can say two mutually contradictory statements in just one interview. If people with his integrity were more numerous, then we wouldn't be in this mess right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Given his age, he is still incredibly durable. Maybe not as aggressive, but definitely durable. It is good to have people like him in both parties, even if by themselves they can't change much in the system.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Given his age, he is still incredibly durable. Maybe not as aggressive, but definitely durable. It is good to have people like him in both parties, even if by themselves they can't change much in the system.
    I agree that people prone to compromises for the benefit of the people as a whole are good. Congress would be better off with more like him. But hes demonstrated repeatedly that if the GOP pushes hard, he'll roll ovee. Saw it again during obamas presidency, saw it on the campaign trail, and just recently saw it with devos

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    People refusing to work with an absolute clod and refusing to go along with his inane, poorly thought out plans is not reminiscent of a toddler. This isn't a game of "follow the leader."
    protests in country not america where he doesnt give a fuck about and protests in america where people who supported him are supported and buisness's are burned and looted, that sounds like people throwing tantrums that he was elected. His no more dumber than bush and bush was grade A retarded.

anyways keep throwing tantrums, its beyond amusing seeing people act like complete idiots as if they could make him resign with thier harsh words.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    protests in country not america where he doesnt give a fuck about and protests in america where people who supported him are supported and buisness's are burned and looted, that sounds like people throwing tantrums that he was elected. His no more dumber than bush and bush was grade A retarded.
    Trump is like George W Bush except more petty and less experienced. That makes him even worse.

anyways keep throwing tantrums, its beyond amusing seeing people act like complete idiots as if they could make him resign with thier harsh words.
    They might not make him resign, but they can prove to the other branches of government that they don't support him or his actions.

Politicians generally like being re-elected. They can use opposing Trump and shutting down his policies as valuable fuel for their reelection campaigns.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Trump is like George W Bush except more petty and less experienced. That makes him even worse.

They might not make him resign, but they can prove to the other branches of government that they don't support him or his actions.

Politicians generally like being re-elected. They can use opposing Trump and shutting down his policies as valuable fuel for their reelection campaigns.
    it wont happen so keep dreaming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    it wont happen so keep dreaming.
    Well the judicial branch seems pretty content to stop him from doing what he pleases.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Activi-T View Post
    Who exactly are the normal people again and how do you know what they think?
    A question better put to all the people who are quite sure of what the public think.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Good job at dodging the question, we already know the scots hate him, so do the rest of the brits just love him that much?
    No they don't. It only looks like that because the government up there is filled with SJWs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    A question better put to all the people who are quite sure of what the public think.

No they don't. It only looks like that because the government up there is filled with SJWs.
    I'm sure insulting the country constantly, threatening their government and people, not wanting to pay workers, etc all over his fucking golf course had nothing to do with it.

Trump has been despised in Scotland for YEARS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Well the judicial branch seems pretty content to stop him from doing what he pleases.
    One thing is not everything.