Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    it also carries the risk of making a person sterile, as well as dying from complications. so, not something to be considered lightly.
    Oh, I don't mind taking a fetus bullet for sexxing up my hubby! He is worth making happy! Cuz he makes me soooo happy!

What worries me is not being able to abort at all, and making him a father (he dont wanna be one) that would def not make him happy!

If Trumpsters get their way, I might be forced to carry one to term or not sex him up no more! He will be VERY uphappy with either of those choices!

Quote Originally Posted by Elliebae View Post
    snip
    Props for actually having the discussion, but fatal error in going forward anyway... You realize that by carrying a pregnancy through, her work/education is going to get hindered as well. If that mattered as much as I understood from the message you wrote, nevermind going throught the adoption process, which can also be very stressful, then...my sympathies lie mostly with her. Yes, it sucks for you, it does, but you chose to be with this girl. Her choice comes first, because she carries the pregnancy, she suffers ALL the consequences of it, while you do not.

You can't guilt trip her into not aborting. You could also have said no to sex with her. If she tells you she'll abort, don't be with her if it's such a deal-breaker to you. And Your life might've been better...her life would not be. She could be in your place, just about being forced through pregnancy, legal battles, her career/education dead in the water, possibly physical damage...

It sucks, and there's no way about it, but this is not how you bring a child into the world. Through pain, screaming, yelling, hatred towards the other parent...

Just because you can't see something, doesn't excuse this kind of law. I'm sorry for your loss dude, I truly am...but this is not the way to fix it... I'll take being alone any day of the year, instead of being nagged and guilt tripped into popping out a kid that I adamantly refuse to do.

Excuse me but abstinence is 100% effective in preventing pregnancy. Your argument is invalid.
    Sex is healthy for humans. Lots of people do it without problems because they don't take avoidable risks and pray they don't happen. And abstinence is not 100% effective. Rape happens. Very, very rarely, but it happens. Then abstinence matters fuck all. It's effective until it isn't, as is everything else.
    Last edited by Halyon; 2017-02-16 at 10:51 PM.

Excuse me but abstinence is 100% effective in preventing pregnancy. Your argument is invalid.
    Let's get real...abstinence isn't happening.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyv3r View Post
    Takes 2 to make a child. It's only logical that both parties get to vote.

The part i don't get is, if it ties, who decides?

- Mother keeps child she doesnt want to (rape, "condom accident")
    - Father has to keep child he doesn't want to ("condom accident", etc)

Either way someone loses.
    Rape is an exception to this law, so its a win/win for the female here. If she didn't want a child, she can still unilaterally get an abortion.

Its only in the event that she consented to conceive a child that both parties are required to break the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    she consented to conceive a child that both parties are required to break the contract.
    There is no contract.

A marriage certificate is something the state issues to YOU that says THEY recognize your marriage that entitles YOU to state benefits while married. A man doesn't gain the right to force a woman to remain pregnant just because he married her and had sex with her. Do you really think women would marry men or stay married to them BY CHOICE if men were allowed to do this to women?

People consent to the RISK of pregnancy happening when having sex.

That doesn't mean a woman consented to remain pregnant if it happens.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-02-17 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Let's get real...abstinence isn't happening.
    A chemical castration maybe? A reversible one if it exists would probably work.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    You wrote it better than me! I wish the actual physical and mental issues women face during pregnancy/birth would be a bigger part of the abortion dilemma, but it saddens me that it isn't the case.
    While I certainly don't believe men have any say in a woman's decision regarding abortion, all the "physical and mental issues" are irrelevant, as is any appeal to emotion in a rational discussion. There is nothing special about being pregnant, having children or being a mother. The "snowflake" condition is getting old. Most women have children at some point. It's not a big deal. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Chicken View Post
    A chemical castration maybe? A reversible one if it exists would probably work.
    Lets begin with you and everyone you rely on to survive!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Most women have children at some point..
    In free societies, that happens by her choice unless her freedom of bodily autonomy is suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    There is no contract.

A marriage certificate is something the state issues to YOU that says THEY recognize your marriage that entitles YOU to state benefits while married. A man doesn't gain the right to force a woman to remain pregnant just because he married her and had sex with her. Do you really think women would marry men or stay married to them BY CHOICE if men were allowed to do this to women?

People consent to the RISK of pregnancy happening when having sex.

That doesn't mean a woman consented to remain pregnant if it happens.
    Well to be frank a quite considerable amount of women do get pregnant without the consent of the man for the sole purpose of marrying him.
    So I really doubt that for them that would've been a problem.

Than there are women that get married with consensual intent of having children with the man that they are marrying, so for them it, probably also wouldn't be a big problem.

So I'd say quite some women would still marry men and stay married even if there was such a law.

A significant amount of women probably wouldn't, but many would.

Oh, I don't mind taking a fetus bullet for sexxing up my hubby! He is worth making happy! Cuz he makes me soooo happy!

What worries me is not being able to abort at all, and making him a father (he dont wanna be one) that would def not make him happy!

If Trumpsters get their way, I might be forced to carry one to term or not sex him up no more! He will be VERY uphappy with either of those choices!
    I think you should stop getting medical information from posters on a gaming forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I think you should stop getting medical information from posters on a gaming forum.
    I get medical information from many places. I don't automatically assume any of it is true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    women do get pregnant without the consent of the man
    Nope. Men and women take the risk of impregnating/becoming pregnant via sex with each other. (except rape/theft)

I get medical information from many places. I don't automatically assume any of it is true.
    I don't really see that in your replies in this thread, you just seem to roll with ludicrous information presented to you. In any case, you don't need to worry about "failed" abortions.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/683631

46 incomplete (not "failed") abortions in 65,000 cases, pretty sure you don't have anything to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    some women would still marry men and stay married
    Not by choice if they would be forced to remain pregnant. Which is the part you didn't read.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    you just seem to roll with ludicrous information presented to you..
    Oh, sorry. I am bad at internet sarcasm. Thanks for the link, but even if it were more common, I most likely wouldn't worry about it. I honestly would take a bullet for my husband, and what better way to go out then death by snusnu with the one that makes you the happiest! =P
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-02-18 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    While I certainly don't believe men have any say in a woman's decision regarding abortion, all the "physical and mental issues" are irrelevant, as is any appeal to emotion in a rational discussion. There is nothing special about being pregnant, having children or being a mother. The "snowflake" condition is getting old. Most women have children at some point. It's not a big deal. Sorry.
    It's not an appeal to emotion, but wanting to add facts to the discussion. Pregnancy and birth are like some Hollywood cliché, all beautiful and wonderful, but the damage sustained from these two things are hidden away and never discussed. I've said it before - I think - but I'll say it again: if men were the ones being pregnant, artificial wombs would have been invented a long time ago, or being a doctor/surgeon within pregnancy/post-birth care would be the most prestigious within the medical community.

Of course, maybe I'm just projecting how much I disagree with the pregnancy/birth stance in Norway, because they are just brutal. Anesthesiologist present at the time of giving birth and in need of epidural? Don't count on it. Anesthesiologist present at any sports event? Sure! Honestly, I blame the women for forcing other women to go through with it and to hide the issues like prolapse and anal incontinence behind "but you recieved the best gift in the world, that has to be worth it!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.