Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

I don't think it's fair that some moderators dictate what topics enter off-topic

Basically, I don't think it's fair that some moderators dictate what topics enter off-topic. I saw moderators who would close topics because they don't like the subject, not because it's against the rules or the subject is controversial.

Let's see an example from today, I saw GennGreymane had been banned. My curiosity got the better of me so I went and searched why, and his last violation seem to be here:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...stop-being-fun

So yea, it doesn't seem like a hugely amazing thread, but it's not like there can't be discussion made out of it, right? Plus, not all threads from Off-topic are so super deep, some are simply questions for debate.

Of course, the moderator says that Genn should stop flooding the forum with useless threads. So I went and checked. Genn did indeed make a lot of threads recently, but except 2, all seem like they are actual news.

But then I got to this one:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...do-you-name-it

So it seems Genn may have made those threads in an effort to push the Trump threads away from first page. But then... Genn is not a bot, his threads were not random useless spam either, they were actual news taken here (except 2 which could be considered as such if you really tried, but discussions could be had over them) and they were also not breaking the rules either. Official off-topic rules for those that don't want to search:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...**-PLEASE-READ

Now, I know what you might say, hey, yea, but the amount of threads made is the issue! I see no rule saying there's a limit for posting. There are posters with over 25k posts that post daily for tens of posts. In fact, funny enough, Genn was one of them. So it was already known that he posts a lot.

Let's, hypothetically say that Genn was doing what he did to push Trump threads out (which would be odd, since he also made Trump threads too, but anyway).
    Which would you consider spam more? 25 Different news from all around the world and existential questions OR 10 threads about the different actions Trump did recently?
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2017-02-10 at 09:58 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Princess Serenity seems to just close and infract what she doesn't like.

If you don't like what these moderators will and won't allow, then you should go start your own forums. With blackjack, and hookers. In fact, forget the blackjack!

Tyrannical Modiator.

Welcome to MMO-C the land of the mod abuse.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Princess Serenity closed my thread about an article from BBC about the show from Netflix...reason: race thread???

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    while i agree that Princess Serenity is by far the mosed biased Mod ( hi Infraction ) but Genn banned makes me quite happy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    Princess Serenity closed my thread about an article from BBC about the show from Netflix...reason: race thread???
    Considering what that show is. Yeah it is a race thread.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    I was actually surprised to see Genn was banned. I don't think they his ban was particularly banworthy either, but it is a private forum. Technically, they can ban for whatever they feel like banning. Now, that should stick with the posted rules, but it doesn't necessarily have to. I'm sure it's just temporary and we can look forward to another 10 new threads from him a day soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    I was actually surprised to see Genn was banned. I don't think they his ban was particularly banworthy either, but it is a private forum. Technically, they can ban for whatever they feel like banning. Now, that should stick with the posted rules, but it doesn't necessarily have to. I'm sure it's just temporary and we can look forward to another 10 new threads from him a day soon.
    He was making a lot of threads though. Like more then he usually would, I think he was bored.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

This is going to go well.

Nothing of value was lost so why do you care?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Which would you consider spam more? 25 Different news from all around the world and existential questions OR 10 threads about the different actions Trump did recently?
    The former is pointless. They were literally spam. At least the other threads keep you up-to-date with the world and can let you discuss something.

If he posted them in Fun Stuff...you know, the subforum for light-hearted threads...there probably wouldn't be a problem. It seems like no one knows how to use that section properly.

Lol, minor spam is just code for mod abuse. Anyhow, moderation on this website has always been a joke. You just gotta know how to play here.

"Stop flooding the forum with pointless topics."

yet we get 50 clickbait probably untrue, who even cares anymore trump threads a day?

another day in mmo-dictatorship.com

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    It's funny because people who make inflammatory threads, either by accident or because they're trolling, generally just have their threads closed and told it's inappropriate for the forum with no action taken. Genn makes a thread that is deemed pointless, but is otherwise harmless, and gets infracted for it.
    Good riddance, the only thing he does is shit post.

OT: Most of the infractions I get are for petty things that the majority of lefties get a free pass on, just got banned recently for telling a mod she was hateful.
    Last edited by Steve French; 2017-02-10 at 11:06 PM.

That last thread is tame compared to other threads I've seen that haven't gotten infracted or locked. The OP of that thread does offer discussion and should of stayed opened.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have something to say about moderation, contact one of the blue mods. They're the ones who handle complaints.

It's also important to understand that blue mods > green mods. Likewise, Green Mods are often those directly managing the subforums, although I've seen a few blues getting involved.

So yeah, contact them. Better odds of getting something out of it.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

This thread will be closed because we stated our opinion on the matter just watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Yes, of course. He just shit posts, but you... you're just a victim.
    I know the feeling man. Just because i said certain things about religion, i got a bunch of infractions a couple of years back. Avoiding those threads now. God does not exist, he is only your delusion!
    Last edited by Zogarth; 2017-02-10 at 11:15 PM.