10+ Year Old Account

Final Four Primalist Souls Revealed

It took a while but the final four souls for the newest calling Primalist got revealed in the Rift Live stream last night finally adding a support class soul to Primalists.

Three of the four will have their own unique avatar 'head' that appears when you channel the abilities

1: Soul = Farseer
    Role = Healer
    Primal Avatar = Ouroboros

This will use Life based abilities

2: Soul = Mystic
    Role = Support
    Primal Avatar = Wolf

This will use Life and Air based abilities

3: Soul = Predator
    Role = Melee DPS
    Primal Avatar = Raptor

This will use Fire and Death based abilities

4: Soul = Primal Lord
    Role = Melee DPS
    Primal Avatar = Doesn't have one as it's based on throwing various "animals" at the enemy

Missed what Planes it will use for abilities, yes i slack at 00:20am in the morning

Some of the abilities mentioned are sure to cause a bit of nerd rage especially in Pee Vee Pee, like Predator will have an ability that will stealth the entire party/group/raid within 15m of the Primalist and will move so imagine you're happily defending a node/flag when suddenly 10 players pop up out of nowhere

These souls are scheduled for Rift 4.2 so we're talking Summer time at least, if we assume a three month gap between 4.1 (March 1st) and 4.2

Best of all, if you already have one of the Primalist soul packs from Nightmare Tide CE or the Ascended Souls pack then these new souls will be free.

Nearly 2 years to finish 1 calling? Jesus I hope they don't do another any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Best of all, if you already have one of the Primalist soul packs from Nightmare Tide CE or the Ascended Souls pack then these new souls will be free.
    It's nice that they're finally getting around to this, it's been on the table for a long time now. But I do think calling it "free" is very misleading. "At no extra charge" is a more concisise way to phrase it given that you've already bought the Soul Packs to begin with.

Out of curiosity, does it really matter what damage type each soul uses? All it really amounts to in game is a different colouring on your attacks, and for me that's not really a selling point.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    People still play Rift?!
    It was doing moderately okay, then it saw a nice bump with it's expansion release, but now players are leaving in droves because the expansion and the first patch would make even WoD sound like the best thing ever.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    People still play Rift?!
    It was doing alright at first. Pretty decent alternative to things like WoW at the time. Then they started to continually drop the ball with F2P to the point content was untested, unpolished and a complete mess. Along with their CM team being an absolute condescending joke of a team. Oh and let's not forget them trying to pin their own pisspoor content design on the playerbase. Such as the whole granting achievements debacle where even if you earned it legitimately, they won't restore it because "abuse".

they better be free since they were never released with the other soul packs to begin with
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    they were never released with the other soul packs to begin with
    The Rift: Essentials Edition says hi.

which were not given to the players at the time because they weren't finished, hence the "never been released" part you couldn't even bother to read. I wouldn't of put it passed them to re sell them after someone bought it and give some lame excuse.
    Last edited by zito; 2017-02-12 at 02:56 PM.

Deleted
    they better be free since they were never released with the other soul packs to begin with
    you couldn't even bother to read.
    I couldn't help myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Wackywoo View Post
    I couldn't help myself.
    I also could not help myself. It's extremely misleading to call them "free" when those who are getting them for "free" have already paid for them.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    I also could not help myself. It's extremely misleading to call them "free" when those who are getting them for "free" have already paid for them.
    Pretty much this. Unless you paid for them initially then they are not free. Like I said though I hope they never do another calling because if it took them nearly 2 years to finish one I'd hate to see how long it would take them to do another.

Doubt they have the team to do another calling if the first new one they introduced was launched unfinished for nearly 2 years.

Deleted
    How is it misleading? The players who bought the primalist calling do not have to pay for these additional souls. That makes them free for those players.

How is it misleading? The players who bought the primalist calling do not have to pay for these additional souls.
    It was never stated they were free to people who had bought the Primalist Calling. Only free to players who had bought the Ascended Souls pack or the Nightmare Tide CE edition. If you did just buy the Primalist Calling, then you're going to have to pay extra for the Ascended Souls pack for these new souls. Hence, not free.

How is it misleading? The players who bought the primalist calling do not have to pay for these additional souls. That makes them free for those players.
    Did Slipmat ask you to come over or something for backup? Try reading. These souls are not free. You had to pay something initially. They are souls that are part of a class that should have been finished ages ago.

- - - Updated - - -

It was never stated they were free to people who had bought the Primalist Calling. Only free to players who had bought the Ascended Souls pack or the Nightmare Tide CE edition. If you did just buy the Primalist Calling, then you're going to have to pay extra for the Ascended Souls pack for these new souls. Hence, not free.
    Unless the OP left out information deliberately which they are known for and then adding in later to act like they have a point. But yeah as it stands it's another cash grab move by Trion because even they know Starfall bombed hard. It's another way to milk people who don't have the Primalist. All in all this expansion has been a trainwreck from day 1. Only people who are really sticking around now are the loyalists.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-02-12 at 04:40 PM.

Deleted
    I'm not going to continue to snowball fight with people who clearly look for any excuse to complain about Rift.
    The souls are free for those who have primalist so i'm happy about that.

I'm not going to continue to snowball fight with people who clearly look for any excuse to complain about Rift.
    You mean the valid critique of the mess that the expansion is? The souls are not free for those who don't own it and have no mention of being included in the base Primalist pack. So it's another cash grab.

But god forbid people are critical of your precious game that is continually on a downward spiral.

But sure call it "snowball fighting" because it's a blatant cash grab for those who don't own the Primalist pack and makes no mention of these souls being included in the base Prinalist pack. Can't wait to see Intrepid ROTP gear in the store for the usual £200.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-02-12 at 05:08 PM.

And do you have a source for that? Because I have a Rift community ambassador who's claiming;

It's not free if you bought the primalist. You still have to pay for it in the soul pack. It is given to the people who already bought the pack while it being incomplete. Even slipmat didn't say it was free for people who bought the primalist

there ya go, if you bought the collectors edition or the souls pack you get it no extra charge because you fucking bought it already. You can buy just the primalist on it's own ya know.

Yeah, because telling players they are going to get something and then not giving it to them is releasing it. Ok, makes sense. They sold it to us then, sure, but they did not release it until now.

- - - Updated - - -

If it was freem they would not have had to buy it originally. Just cause you already paid for something, does not mean it's free. It just means you are finally getting what you paid for.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it's not free for those who have primallist. It's only "free" to people who already bought it with a soul pack. I guess by that thinking, my car was free, since I paid it off. I guess my house was free, since I paid off the mortgage last year. Pretty much everything I own is free, because i already paid for it. Yeah, that makes sense, I paid for it in the past, so it was free.