7+ Year Old Account

Twitch Channel Ads on Main Page

I noticed that sometime this week that Twitch channels started to randomly play but with no sound on the main page here.

I don't want to be you know that guy but if I wanted to watch Twitch I'd go to Twitch and watch yet I know all channels need promotion and all that so that they can get more numbers and so on.

I'm running Chrome and have AdBlock on yet I'm still getting these Twitch channel ads so I'd want to know if anyone has found a way to stop them appearing and if so provide said means of stopping them if possible.

I have recently started noticing adds on rare occasions.
    I've used Firefox with Adblock for years, that has kept me from seeing any adds. Up until now.
    I'm thinking they using, possibly testing some new technology. Injecting adds into the video stream, rather than on a top layer. If that makes any sence, I'm no tech wiz by any grade. Just me thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    Ublock /10chars
    Yes, try this. Switched to uBlock Origin awhile back (with Firefox) and yet to see these ads.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Agree with OP, some of the ones that are being advertised are also just annoying people in general.
    This is the same stupid crap that blizzard pulls with their wow launcher "Community member spotlight" <.<

Some people just don't deserve it for the things they've done / the way they act.
    Though I guess Ublock is the way to go now

Never go to MMOC without adblocker, period.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Oh wow, tried Ublock now, Wowhead is running insanely much faster as well now. Thanks!
    Also removed the stupid twitch promotion crap <3

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh thanks I'll try out this Ublock right now then once I find it.

Just tried it and damn it really does make loading certain webpages that I visit frequently load faster: here, Wowhead, Guild Wars 2 wiki and a few other gaming places and it also got rid of that annoying Twitch ad thing as well which is what I mostly wanted.

It makes the loading of the webpage seem smooth somehow as well.
    Last edited by Liyka; 2017-02-11 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Added additional info

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    I have recently started noticing adds on rare occasions.
    I've used Firefox with Adblock for years, that has kept me from seeing any adds. Up until now.
    I'm thinking they using, possibly testing some new technology. Injecting adds into the video stream, rather than on a top layer. If that makes any sence, I'm no tech wiz by any grade. Just me thinking.
    Nope, it's not that. Adblock Plus sold out to ad providers. It will now white list ads that the ad providers have paid them for, even if you tell it to not allow it. It's basically useless now. Ublock is the ad blocker now. I'm sure it will eventually sell out also, but when it does there will be another new one, etc. The adblock people were probably thinking "woohoo, ad providers will pay us, we'll make SO much money". But they weren't counting on users just uninstalling it and going to a different program. In 2 years you'll say Adblock Plus and people will say "what's that"?

Just here to spread the uBlock Origin gospel.

This site is what led me to find one.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Nope, it's not that. Adblock Plus sold out to ad providers. It will now white list ads that the ad providers have paid them for, even if you tell it to not allow it. It's basically useless now. Ublock is the ad blocker now. I'm sure it will eventually sell out also, but when it does there will be another new one, etc. The adblock people were probably thinking "woohoo, ad providers will pay us, we'll make SO much money". But they weren't counting on users just uninstalling it and going to a different program. In 2 years you'll say Adblock Plus and people will say "what's that"?
    Wow's, that is just straight up disgusting...
    Installing UBlock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Make sure you get uBlock Origin and not just uBlock. uBlock is just a tiny step above ABP while uBO is even better than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Seems several Curse owned pages will show twitch channels when using AdBlock with Chrome?
    Is Wowprogress/diabloprogress owned by Curse? Both sites had this issue aswell.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s