Magnolia & Orchid

Our magnolia tree finally blooms after 2 plus years. The seller refused to give us a warranty when we bought the tree. All the other trees we bought from him had 5 year warranty. He told us the tree probably is not going to survive in our area.

The picture was taken this morning after it rained overnight. The second picture is a close up of the flowers. The third picture is of an orchid we grew along the side of the house.

Why do plants need warranties? The guy that sold them can't predict weather patterns and stuff. What type of death of a plant justifies warranty replacement? I'm honestly curious cause I don't know anything about plants.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

It is pretty typical with reputable plantations. If the tree dies within the warranty period after they planted it, they will replace the tree. There are some fine print exclusions. Since we never had to use the warranty, I don't remember what they are.

15+ Year Old Account

Where do you live, OP?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this a blog, about one-upping the nursery after they warned the magnolia would not do well?

Also if a plant blooms too early in its season, it can be a sign that it's distressed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not all plants work well in specific areas.
    Its either weather or a ground type. Ground can be sometimes fixed with a right fetilizer.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though I'm a guy, I love seeing pretty flowers. Congrats.

Pretty, man I miss green and flowers, we just had over a foot of snow here, and we are getting another 12 to 18 inches, blech.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Is this a blog, about one-upping the nursery after they warned the magnolia would not do well?

Also if a plant blooms too early in its season, it can be a sign that it's distressed.
    I hope that is not the case. It has been warm in San Diego last week (up to 76 degree F). I suspect that the warmth and abundant rain may be why it is finally blooming. The previous two years have been relatively dry here.

10+ Year Old Account
    trees tend to be cyclical. a new tree needs a couple of "tree cycles" to get comfy. even mature trees will have a few years worth of cycles going.. ie last years average weather can effect the next years patterns.

if the tree produces leaves and grows new branches it should be fine. study their patterns, leaf size, flowering dates, number of leaves, fruiting stages, you might find they differ from year to year naturally.

a couple of my trees have been interesting to watch each year, one year it produces very large leaves, but hardly any seed pods during fruiting times. the next year it will have small leaves and tons of seed pods because all the energy it accumulated last season went into producing seeds this season, thus, smaller leaves.

or at least thats what i guessed at, im not a botanist.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2017-02-12 at 01:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Our magnolia tree finally blooms after 2 plus years. The seller refused to give us a warranty when we bought the tree. All the other trees we bought from him had 5 year warranty. He told us the tree probably is not going to survive in our area.
    There are 20 year freezes, 50 year freezes and 100 year freezes, that's what kills exotic plants like this, plants planted too far North.

Meaning a bad freeze that only rarely happens.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland