Thread: DoS for Blood?

DoS for Blood?

Since Blood DK trinkets in NH are pretty much garbage I'm looking for other options. I have Chrono Shard but sadly no Arcanocrystal. How would DoS be since Haste is our best secondary stat other than Strength? I realize you can't use abilities during those 3secs but it's similar to Blooddrinker.

Deleted
    It is similar to blooddrinker but you dont get healed from it, so its kind of risky to pull on hard hitting bosses (granted there are not a lot in NH)
    One cool trick with DoS is every 2 bonds you can use it to not be moved away from the boss, other than that i think m+ trinkets are still better or simple stat sticks if you want to dps

10+ Year Old Account
    You can parry while channeling it, too, so the only downside is that you can't use any abilities or move. I'm using it currently (880) but I would replace it with Memento, Arcanocrystal, etc., something that would benefit me in AoE. My trinkets are just shit atm.
    B.Net: Tehr#1477 | Discord: Tehr#5246 | Stream | Guild Website | List of characters
    Raid CD Tracker (#1 on wago.io): Tehr's RaidCDs, ExternalCDs, UtilityCDs, ImmunityCDs, AoECCs, RezCDs, & Interrupts

Deleted
    I have used it to maximize single dps, but it honestly isn't gret at all since the damage is further nerfed for tanks. Normal use is like 1.2m dmg. Best i get are like 1.8m with crit proc from memento.

It was 8.77% of my damage on our last Trilliax kill where the cd lined up really well (just got off third cast before boss died) and 5.94% on a kill where boss died just before I could've gotten a fourth cast off (basically worst case scenario) so even though the damage per cast isn't huge it's not that bad either.

So I think it's actually fairly comparable to a similar ilvl haste+str stat stick. If we simplify things and consider a 1% Attack Power boost roughly a 1% damage done increase, at 32k (flasked) AP you'd need 1920 str for 6% and 2880 for 9%. That's also ignoring the obvious downsides of having to channel it (and not being able to move) etc.

As for Arcanocrystal, tbh I don't quite see how it's relevant at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jouman View Post
    I have used it to maximize single dps, but it honestly isn't gret at all since the damage is further nerfed for tanks. Normal use is like 1.2m dmg. Best i get are like 1.8m with crit proc from memento.
    Bolded for emphasis. I picked it up a few weeks ago, but it's really underwhelming when my DPS dude gets 4m out of it. I thought it'd be fun to sync with a Bonestorm, but it's bunk.

Quote Originally Posted by figuratively View Post
    Bolded for emphasis. I picked it up a few weeks ago, but it's really underwhelming when my DPS dude gets 4m out of it. I thought it'd be fun to sync with a Bonestorm, but it's bunk.
    It is not nerfed for tanks. Tanks just don't have multipliers to stack with it. Reason why say Fury or Arms make 10m+ uses is because of multipliers.

Base this trinket does just around 1m damage(ilvl matters a lot here the base damage scales insanely with ilvl our warrior went from 880 to 900 and it does over 2.5m more per use). So even if you are a prot pally with the most multipliers of the tanks you only have a 35%(45 with belt) and seraphim if running it. That will barely make it do like 2.5m-2.7m with some crits on a 880 version.
    Last edited by Jellospally; 2017-02-14 at 06:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    It is not nerfed for tanks. Tanks just don't have multipliers to stack with it. Reason why say Fury or Arms make 10m+ uses is because of multipliers.

Base this trinket does just around 1m damage(ilvl matters a lot here the base damage scales insanely with ilvl our warrior went from 880 to 900 and it does over 2.5m more per use). So even if you are a prot pally with the most multipliers of the tanks you only have a 35%(45 with belt) and seraphim if running it. That will barely make it do like 2.5m-2.7m with some crits on a 880 version.
    Putting this here for posterity's sake:

Death Knight Discord, pinned in the Blood channel, posted on February 7th.

I don't have any information myself so I don't know who is correct, but I figure that people ought to know.
    B.Net: Tehr#1477 | Discord: Tehr#5246 | Stream | Guild Website | List of characters
    Raid CD Tracker (#1 on wago.io): Tehr's RaidCDs, ExternalCDs, UtilityCDs, ImmunityCDs, AoECCs, RezCDs, & Interrupts

Quote Originally Posted by Tehr View Post
    I don't have any information myself so I don't know who is correct, but I figure that people ought to know.
    Eh, I took Jellospally's post to be more pedantic than anything else, unless you're running multiple tanks with the trinket. We're right but for the wrong reason, it's not nerfed for tanks against the board, but it's still a writhing bag of maggoty dicks for Blood. Mea culpa.

(That said, I appreciate the additional source.)