Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I think its worth it alone just for making playing through the stories easier and without any limitations

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would go back, but I'm mainly interested in dungeons and raids, and other PvE group content. Has there been any added (somewhat) recently? Is there any on the horizon?

Quote Originally Posted by Orahei View Post
    I would go back, but I'm mainly interested in dungeons and raids, and other PvE group content. Has there been any added (somewhat) recently? Is there any on the horizon?
    The amount depends on when the last time you played is.

In the last 5 months we have only gotten 2 raid bosses for the same raid. bw seems to be so short staff and underfunded that they can only create one boss at a time for this entire year. So the raid wont be complete till December 2017 and thats only if they can stay on track. I don't imagine they can given how bw works.

Before the most recent 2 bosses we have. The last raid was temple of Sacrifice during the Shadows of Revan expansion. That was December 2014.

So we went nearly a little over 2 years with no raid content. So if you played Back during the shadows of revan days, we have only had 2 bosses (not entire raids).

Thats all there is planned for on the OPS front.
    The only new dungeons coming (flashpoints) is ONE that is to be released in the next week or so. Thats all that was new when it comes to flashpoints since the new ones we got during and leading up to Shadows of Revan as well.

bw went fully stupid on solo content only, slacking on group content to the detriment of the game for the past 2+ years.

BUT, if you want to try a free week, grab a referral code (usually in peoples sigs or the thread on it) if you have not used one in a while and see what you think.

The game is pretty much only playable with a sub. I subbed during the huge exp bonus and leveled 6 characters and 4 from 1-70. I love the game, I love the raids and how easily accessible they were. I just lost time to play and it's just been easier to hop on the PS4 and game VS. Packing up my Laptop and dragging it back and forth to work and home.

The only thing I hate right now is the whole Galactic command stuff and the Loot being totally random.

If you're going to play SWTOR, subscribing is the only way to adequately enjoy it. But if you're coming from the grind and RNG of WoW's endgame, you're not going to like SWTOR's endgame at all. It's just as bad, if not worse. However, if you like single-player story content that Bioware is known for, subscribing for a month to SWTOR is a good and cheap way to experience that. Once you've done all the story stuff though, the real flaws with the game become readily apparent.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    SInce you receive all content, expacs included in a Sub fee. I always tell people that paying $15 for just 1 month and leveling a character to Max/doing the content in that time (since the current endgame content is quite lacking) is very much worth it.

New Stronghold, but last time I really played I blew all my credits unlocking most of Y4.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Yeah personally I think it's worth it. It is an mmo that allows you to very much play single player if that is what you wish, but ofc is multiplayer when you wish it to be also. So if you feel like just chilling and doing some solo stuff, you can, and when you feel like doing flashpoints, operations, warzones etc etc you can. If you want to do PVP though I would suggest having a recent gaming pc and good connection, because on lower end machines PVP can turn into a slide show.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    It's great if you're a roleplayer, or enjoy story. Sub for a few months, clear the KoTFE/KoTET expansions and wait for whats next. They don't regularly add PVE content. The two latest expansions (2 years!) didn't see any new raids. The PVP is good fun, though, and the rehashed leveling system allows you to experience class stories quicker than vanilla SWTOR.
    Large scale PVE was always a struggle for them. I was pretty upset to come back for KoTFE and see people were still running the same Ops that you did in the first year or so of the game. I like plenty about the game but it always feels a bit hollow or like something is missing.

OT I do suggest getting a month sub seeing if the current state of the game is for you with all options open to you and going from there.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I also feel like the game is very dated, extremely sluggish/clunky and non responsive for such a recently made MMO. It feels ancient like I'm playing some version of EQ, I really wanted to experience the story because people say they are so good but damn the engine and look of the game is absolute garbage imo. If you can get past that, then it could be worth a sub because without it there are too many restrictions. ESO however is great for story as well and looks/feels about 9000x better though certaintly not as fluid as say GW2 but it's not nearly as bad as swtor. Pvp in MMO's only seems to get worse every year just bite the bullet and pve in MMO then pvp in a MOBA or FPS.

I hear a lot of people talk about the responsiveness in the game. I'm mostly blind to it. However, one thing that happens that I find ridiculous is that any time a person joins or leaves an op, my game lags. Also when I level up, the entire game freezes for a second. Pretty crazy. In terms of graphics, I waiver. It's dated in appearance and isn't likely going to be overhauled. I think environmental detail is still pretty sweet. (I still marvel as I look around on Ilum, and they even made desolate planets like Hoth and Tattooine look really good).

I agree with the majority in regards to the story. I came back after 3 years and played through 3 expansions of story. The Fallen Empire by far being my favorite, and its sequel was great too. Unfortunately it all lead to a very crappy daily area called Iokath.

Is it worth a sub? Ultimately I can say this - after checking out the game again, I subbed and am enjoying it quite a bit.
    Star Wars: The Old Republic
    Subs & preferred get 7 days free game time.
    F2p & preferred get free unlocks.
    http://www.swtor.com/r/7fSgwH

7+ Year Old Account
    The game was really fun when you're still exploring the universe and doing the class stories (Imp agent being my favorite). But when I quit the endgame was really lacking and wasn't fond of flashpoints not needing a class role. Are there new flashpoints and raids now? And did they nerf Sith Sorcerer's healing? It was a super fun class to play but imo a bit overpowered with regain-mana on demand. After the 'fun' faded I resorted to collecting and mixing transmog gear, it was the sole purpose of me logging in. And that is sad. So how is it now?

After the server merges yesterday the population is quite high now.

after watching the new Star Wars I want to reap to SWTOR ... I also wish KOTOR 3 would come out lol
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)