Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is the game worth a sub?

I played it at the very opening and enjoyed it, really I only stopped playing as all my friends went back to wow (which is now very boring)

I'm mostly a pvper and will try this and eso.. I believe when I last played I had a marquees and started levelling a sorc before I quit (sorc looked very fun)

So yeah as my other thread asks, does the game have a playerbase and is there much to do end game? I'd love to be able to pvp and occasionally do pve

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It has enough of a player base to continue pumping out expansions if that helps. I hear the end game is somewhat non-existent though or at least from the perspective of your typical MMO end game so take from that what you will. I never really played ToR for the end game though but rather for the leveling and class stories. Say what they will about ToR but it's easily one of the best leveling experiences in an MMO.

If you're Canadian, it'll be better to pick up a 60-day card for $30 though. You can give it the old F2P try and see if it's still for you and perhaps get somewhat of an idea on the player base but you'll incur limited access to... everything. Not being able to get item rewards from group quests was what really burned me.

I usually revisit ToR with a card once or twice a year but never do anything serious. In fact, I might do it now since there's an XP event until April.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2017-02-12 at 02:51 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

I just unsubbed and started subbing to FF 14.

This game should be far greater than it is, everything is there to make it a true WoW killer yet it quite can't pull it off. The direction change in content and overall story has not been the success, to me that is, I hoped it to be.

Sub to SWTOR if you would like too. If you really enjoy story driven content I would have to say its the MMO for you. Like most MMOs it has a couple servers you would want to roll on if population if your think so look into that.

The game is VERY PvE focused, so if your thing is PvP and you just want PvE on the side, this isn't really the best game. This game however has one of the best single player PvE leveling experiences of any MMO I've ever played.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    imo the game is worth a sub if you only play once in a while. This is a great game to come back every couple of months to play, but not as a full time game.

Deleted
    Could some mod just combine all these dozens of idiotic "is it worth subbing" or "is it worth coming back" threads to one? Because the answer to all of them is still that it depends on what you like, and no one else can judge it for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Could some mod just combine all these dozens of idiotic "is it worth subbing" or "is it worth coming back" threads to one? Because the answer to all of them is still that it depends on what you like, and no one else can judge it for you.
    or you could perhaps be a less toxic player, and welcome the fact people might want to try the game???

as to the OP, its worth a sub, but more for pve, so if its pvp your after, well not many do it, sorry!

I played the game at release and it seemed like it was so linear. I wish it would of turned out better. nothing better than Lightsabers . Space combat was pretty cool though.

At most it's worth one month sub.

Get all the content. During that month do a bit of research and find out what unlock you want to buy for the account. Spend a bit more or buy them with in game credits and unlock what you don't want to deal with.

You would still have the credit cap but it's not a big deal for the best part of the game and thats the solo, single player stories and mainly the ones for the 8 classes while leveling them to 55 (I think that is the max for those).

Anything story after that toward max level (makeb, Sor, Kotfe, Kotet) are all fairly mediocre. Worth doing once but thats about it. The original class stories are where the good stuff is.

Play that one month. Get your unlocks for the account during that month. Play F2P after that for the class stories.

After playing a while as F2P and doing those 8 stories, then decide if it's worth a continued sub for you because sadly, this game has turned ugly in a great to many areas these days once you get to end game.

I feel cheated as a sub because the game engine makes me feel like its 1999 .. If the game responds as sharp as WoW I would sub ..

Also, they added a ton of abilities for the sake of adding abilities, no logic or meaning to them just button bloat .. They need to prune by a MASSIVE amount ..

10+ Year Old Account
    I subbed again and canceled again. There is still a community on servers like Harbinger and guilds recruiting. The game just still isn't nearly as good as it should have been and feels more and more dated. You can do the class stories through free to play and that's still the only actually interesting part of this game for me.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

the game is great for the many story arcs, i even think the pvp is very well done to a point its much more enjoyable than wow pvp at least for me, mouse over macros could improve gameplay though at least healing wise but all in all the game works well, although the engine is not the best the game is still tons of fun.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

It was unfair back when I played it, republic had huge advantage. I hope they fixed it

Quote Originally Posted by KrayzieKal View Post
    It was unfair back when I played it, republic had huge advantage. I hope they fixed it

From my experience (and bw has tried to adjust things) Empire always had a slight advantage by design. Case in point, shock from sorcerous was instant. The mirror class sage with the mirror skill was project. It had a 1.5 sec delay before it hit. More times than you would think that made a difference in PVP. That was fixed.

Even small things like Quick travel I found to be better placed for Empire than Republic. And thats a pretty small thing.

Advantage in what way? I'm currently on Jedi covenant and it all seems pretty equal. Some days Emps. get more wins, some days Rep does. Premades always do better when it comes to PVP.

As far as PVE goes I think it fairly equal now. Everyone is in the same lack luster galactic command grind and dealing with an abysmal RNG gearing system.

At the moment, everyone is equally screwed. Combine that with how BW is about to raise the grind another 100 levels (COME APRIL, GC goes to 400 instead of just 300 and is Tier 4). The grind for RNG crates and one more pull of the slot machine handle equally hurts all players.

Paid the sub for one month last year in october - november. Played some 10 days, i got bored and quit. Not much fun for me.

Ho guys I quit at mid of the KOTFE Xpansion. is KoTET already complete or are they still on work in chapters¿?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulflayer View Post
    Ho guys I quit at mid of the KOTFE Xpansion. is KoTET already complete or are they still on work in chapters¿?
    KotET is completed and they have a new 'chapter' if you can call it that on Iokath. Pathetic writing for that story and even more Pathetic choices you get to make. Way to telegraphed in terms of story to see what is gonna happen. I think BW gave up on the game and thy are just trying anything to keep this thing on life support. If I didnt live my Blasters and Assault cannons I would have stopped subbing a long time ago. Guess I am just a masochist(or is it sadist)

Deleted
    It's worth the sub just to try out the stories or the classes and see if its hte right MMO for you.

SWTOR is not for everyone, its not WoW and I think most people who drop WoW for this go back to WoW because of it. It has endgame raids which are ok but nothing like WoW or FFIV for that matter.

But I love SWTOR.

It has the best leveling of any MMO and I really enjoyed the last two story driven expansions, even though they were rather short, they were pretty epic.

I sub, I recommend if people want a more story driven MMO with some, kinda sorta WoW like endgame, you will not be disappointed.