Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

Using Adblock is literally STEALING!

Think about it, the website provides their service to you FOR FREE, but the catch is, well, ads. When you are blocking the ads you are stealing the money they are entitled to! AND THAT IS STEALING. It is wrong, do you wish to keep websites free? Turn off your adblock now, instantly, at this very moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Nerd View Post
    Think about it, the website provides their service to you FOR FREE, but the catch is, well, ads. When you are blocking the ads you are stealing the money they are entitled to! AND THAT IS STEALING. It is wrong, do you wish to keep websites free? Turn off your adblock now, instantly, at this very moment.
    Not going to happen.

When they start caring about my security as much as I do I'll consider it.

Ads are the #1 source of viruses and I'll have no part of that. Not to mention the ads that will literally cost more data than the page I'm trying to load without them.

and deal with pop ups?

Advertising is theft of my bandwidth, so no.

Im happy to steal then and i will never feel guilty for using it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind adds, until they play some annoying sounds at high volume through my speakers. Then i dislike them and often stop visiting said website.

While we're on topic, what add block do you all use?

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

I have severe ethical disagreements with the advertising industry as a whole, in this case the fact that quality of service for internet is directly impacted by the presence of advertisements. So...fuck them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

No thanks. My machine is more secure without them. By all means enable them yourself to help keep the system sustainable for those that leech.

If ad driven revenue models were the only way that websites could exist, then yes you are correct. However, this is obviously not the case, with many websites not running ads and relying on donations, others with subscription fees, etc.

There is an argue for adblock being morally unsound as it deprives content creators of a source of revenue, however that argument does not hold in the case where you owuld not be continuing to access a site because of its awful ads (forbes comes to mind)

Well, the avatar is appropriate for that statement, at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    No thanks. Ublock for life. Screw those twitch streamers as well :>

No thanks, so many obnoxius ads out there, adblock remains on.

No, it's not stealing. It's no different than putting up a "no soliciting" sign on your front door.

there are ways around it...been to a few sites that literally wouldn't let me near it because of adblock...of which I then go elseware because like said above..ad industry cares not about security and is more than happy to put crap in my PC to track my every move.

Sounds like it's personal to you. Do you run a website with ads?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Im happy to steal then and i will never feel guilty for using it.
    I feel guilty for keeping it on sites that I visit frequently. MMO-Champ without an adblock slows the page down so much that it runs at like 5 fps to use gaming/movie terms.

Then sounds like spamming me with adds, without my consent, is RAPE. Got you now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't pay a cost of internet usage just to have my bandwidth slowed down and spam attacked. When adverts come on the tv, you change channels and ignore them, you skip past adverts in the newspapers. Yet somehow the advertising agencies think we're be happy having our browing time slowed down to a crawlspace?

No, they can put their crap on whatever site they want, but I don't forego having the right to block them.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not pay for my internet service so somebody else can earn money off of me viewing adds, If they pay me per add shown I might consider.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I feel guilty for keeping it on sites that I visit frequently. MMO-Champ without an adblock slows the page down so much that it runs at like 5 fps to use gaming/movie terms.
    They should charge you for visiting this website with no ads. Everybody wins! They get cash and you get to browse in 30 fps!