Hang around spot's n comunity

Hey there ppl so first of all i going to start to tell you guys about my GW2 Experience . I tryied GW2 the first week of release i played it for some days. but headed fast back to wow. Generaly becuse i felt it was muchs of the same . But most of all becuse in wow we have goldshire . Capital city's etc that we hang around doing duels and talked to eachs other . So i just felt that this might not happen in GW2 . ... Yeah you could say that im stupid for judging the game in that certain way in few days playin .

But now im rly tired of wow and that it consums to muchs time . And i just woundring . Is it hang around spots in GW2? is their duels? and how is the comunity in general . Comapare to wow for example . Is it more friendly . and how is the Raids and pvp ? i would like to hear ur guyes opinion on this and happy if their is a old wow player here that compare em .... And last but not least sorry for my english grammar i know its not the best so to the grammar police you dont have to point that out :-)

- - - Updated - - -

I dont expect that evryone jump on my thread and give me tip. And my thread isnt verry old but hehe .... judging on the respond i got this mmo seems dead xD

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is far from dead. This is a WoW site, GW2 is the antithesis to WoW. The subforum isn't too popular on this site, most GW2 players looking to speak to other players tend to go to reddit or the GW2 forums.

GW2 is known for being one of the friendliest active MMOs on the market. Not sure why but it is. I PvP'd in both WoW and GW2. WoW you have different maps that require very different strats, you can beat your opponent via better gear. In GW2 you have several maps but there are the game mode, mastery of your build and team synergy is far more important than in WoW - one player can be a VIP but can't carry a team. Duels only exist in WvW or private PvP servers.

The raids in GW2 are different in that you can't outgear an encounter, ever. If the encounter becomes easier its because you (and your group) has become better at the encounter. Roles and builds can change from encounter to encounter. Tanking and healing are different than WoW in that tanks can't always lock a boss to them, healer is a multiple purpose role and not 100% responsible for the health of others. Healers sort of extend the life of others in a world were you're about to die...if that makes sense...For instance, a new raid just dropped and people who are experienced raiders view it as easier to jump than the previous raid but that doesn't negated from the overall challenge or enjoyment of the raid.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Mightyrambo View Post
    judging on the respond i got this mmo seems dead xD
    Probably a mistake to judge a game from a subforum on a WoW fansite no?

If you really want a response, head to where the players are. Such as https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/