Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Heard about this game a couple years ago. Didn't really follow it. Was looking for an RPG to play and came across it again. Apparently it's really close to being released and they have a beta you can play.

Figured I would buy it and play the beta. Heard nothing but good stuff about it.

ETA release date is 13th of February 2018

http://www.pcgamer.com/kingdom-come-...h-new-trailer/

I wish they success. I hope they will be another studio from eastern-central Europe that will achieve highs with their RPGs, like CD PROJEKT RED.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit pants (excuse me), but that game looks awesome... they made that with kick starter money? wow.

With still 9 months to release it looks amazing. Certainly already a game worth looking forward to in 2018

I hope it plays well, interesting to see the sword combat. The story seems pretty run of the mill typical fare, but I don't mind that. So yea, pretty pumped
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    The trailer looks fine but the gameplay shown so far.. I suggest not getting much hopes on the release.

Any chance this is coming to PC?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fibby76 View Post
    Any chance this is coming to PC?
    It started as a PC game only, then came consoles when it got really big. A friend of mine backed it while on Kickstarter, and I had the chance to play one of the early beta versions. At the time I thought the game was quite "reeeeeally slow paced" and the horse riding was nausea inducing (and the last time i experienced nausea while playing a game was after a long session of playing plane races in GTA IV). That and it was extremely badly optimised.

One can only assume all of that has been improved now that more than a year has passed since. I'm quite rooting for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    At the time I thought the game was quite "reeeeeally slow paced" [...]
    I was wondering where I heard the name before, yea I remember now, it's the medival fantasy game without all the interesting parts of medivial fantasy. So essentially it's a medival revenge simulator - or since that is probably easier to grasp for some - a medivial red dead redemption. It will rise and fall with it's narrative/story, but the video was a bit uncanny valley for my taste. I think it was the audio mostly though.

PS: The love Interest doesn't have me hyped exactly either yet .

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I was wondering where I heard the name before, yea I remember now, it's the medival fantasy game without all the interesting parts of medivial fantasy. So essentially it's a medival revenge simulator - or since that is probably easier to grasp for some - a medivial red dead redemption. It will rise and fall with it's narrative/story, but the video was a bit uncanny valley for my taste. I think it was the audio mostly though.

PS: The love Interest doesn't have me hyped exactly either yet .
    It was never meant to be a fantasy game to start with.

It's essentially trying to be a historically accurate medieval game in all aspects.
    Period relevant armor, archtitecture etc.
    They even won a lot of attention from HEMA communities because it's the only game on the market which fighting techniques are taken from historical treatises and manuals.

It's kindda trying to get a TES-style gameplay going for it.
    I hope this game fares well once it hits, because its probably the only that have ever been focusing this much on being historically accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks amazing for a game released 10 years ago!

...wait, what do you mean it's coming out in 2018?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I'm not so sure about this game. It looks to be leaning heavily on what made the Witcher games great, but without most of what the Witcher games had in them. Stuff like magic, monsters, fantastical settings, etc. Not sure how much fun it can really be to play a game that is trying to be so realistic but at the same time, try to accomplish what others games have done with the help of fantasy thrown in.

Who knows, it could be great. But I would definitely wait on reviews before ever jumping on this game.

Quote Originally Posted by freezion View Post
    It was never meant to be a fantasy game to start with.

It's essentially trying to be a historically accurate medieval game in all aspects.
    Period relevant armor, archtitecture etc.
    They even won a lot of attention from HEMA communities because it's the only game on the market which fighting techniques are taken from historical treatises and manuals.

It's kindda trying to get a TES-style gameplay going for it.
    I hope this game fares well once it hits, because its probably the only that have ever been focusing this much on being historically accurate.
    That is precisely my point. I just happen to question how interesting the bare-bones medival age setting can be without the interesting parts of fantasy and mysticism. The period was just utterly horrible in every way. You can't really do much with the setting besides farming, dying on a battle field and being an aristrocratic twat. The implementation of accurate sword play is also quite challenging with the still very limted controls we have at our disposal. You can't really do much technolgy wise either, which will make the sense of character progression difficult, since letting you feel the difference between a sword A and sword B can't be that fantsatical. At least if they really want to stick with historical accuracy. The whole thing will hinge entirely on the story and its presentation, yet the voice acting in the last trailer was certainly nothing to call home about.

I also don't see how it tries to be a TES game, these are closer to sandboxes and focus more on exploration, whacky shit and telling a story via the world. This game here seems to be more about a revenge plot and heavily narrative driven, I think my RDR reference is a lot closer in that regard. I mean what kind of reward to you give for exploration in a historically accurate setting? Last time I checked the best thing is probably nice scenery, but they will be hard pressed to make that rewarding for more than 5 minutes. Edith says: I guess they could hide some nacked maidens in the bushes.. that might count as incentive.

I'm sure some people are really giddy about it, but I question the wider appeal to the general market of gamers. I hope for them that they have some huge improvements in the pipe otherwise they will have a hard time outsde of HEMA fans.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-06-10 at 08:04 AM.

Deleted
    Eh I'm skeptical don't really like that it's going to come to the consoles usually means it will turn out bad for PC. Might be a surprise though who knows will keep an eye out for it.

I am a bit skeptical, since they have promised so much, while the videos still have something... how to say it, missing? Like something is lacking. However, I will give it a chance, due to how Witcher 3 was. So much was promised and... almost everything was delivered and game of the decade was born. Second CD Project RED would be awesome for gaming industry.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is out in three weeks if anyone is still interested.

Also they posted a new video regarding a new features and mechanics.

If anyone is still interested in this game check their youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIq...mCGM-YRmk28zCg

I am still not sure what to make of this game but I hope it does well... because the theme is right up my alley
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-01-24 at 04:44 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Still not sure.

Will wait for reviews.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finding out that we're limited to a single, canned character kinda smothered any interest I had in this. I get it in a game like the Witcher, but in this it just seems like a shortcoming.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

What's with everyone comparing this to the witcher? Is it because it is open world? Comparing a game to that is just destined to lead to disappointment. They don't even look the same in the slightest to me due to setting, magic, monsters and all that jazz. You guys remind me of people who compared Battleborn with overwatch.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like what I see in it

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    What's with everyone comparing this to the witcher?
    ...because Witcher 3 was an incredibly popular open-world fantasy RPG? Still is, from I've heard, so of course people are going to make comparisons to it because like WoW or Overwatch it's become a watermark on its genre.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    What's with everyone comparing this to the witcher? Is it because it is open world? Comparing a game to that is just destined to lead to disappointment. They don't even look the same in the slightest to me due to setting, magic, monsters and all that jazz. You guys remind me of people who compared Battleborn with overwatch.
    For the record I wasn't. I simply used W3 as a good precident to lock people into a single, un-customizable character. Those games told a very specific series of stories about a specific character with definitive beginning, middle, and end.

Nothing I've seen about KCD suggests the same kind of setup.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    ...because Witcher 3 was an incredibly popular open-world fantasy RPG? Still is, from I've heard, so of course people are going to make comparisons to it because like WoW or Overwatch it's become a watermark on its genre.
    Pretty much this, yeah.

W3 is the new bar for open-world RPGs, even Bethesda was blown away by things that CDPR did with it. So of course it is inevitable that people are going to compare a new open world RPG to it, in much the same way as a realistic FPS might be criticized for not feeling as good as Doom to play.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.