Resto Druid Need Some Directions [ not a druid ]

Im an officer in my new guild, and our raid leader says our resto druid could be healing more than he is right now. But i always thought that he was doin fine. How much HPS a good resto druid 890 should be doin, and what should i pay atention to know, from a paladin point of view?

Generally speaking, if you have so many healers then resto druids would probably won't be doing much as you need time for the hots to do their thing. So I believe if we know how many people in your raid, how many healers and what difficulty then we can somehow help you.
    People hated MoP but now many say it is the "Best" expansion. Given enough time, WoD will be the "Best" as well, I dare say.

It's not like you can pull HPS out of nowhere. It's not a patchwerk dps race either.
    If your group is trying to avoid every possible avoidable damage even ~250k might be enough to beat heroic encounter, simply because there isn't much to heal (this may be interpreted as having too many healers though). On the other hand if raidwide damage is very high, it isn't unusual to do 500-650K.
    Last edited by saradonin; 2017-02-13 at 09:20 AM.

Deleted
    We can say anything without logs.

Yeah, we need logs to really help.

HPS varies wildly depending on the fight and raid composition; I can vary between <200k and >500k during the same evening and my HPS on the same fight can vary by ~200k from one week to the next. Numbers without context are useless.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's how I spot the bad raid leaders... they look at HPS to measure how good a healer is.

HPS depends on fight, other healers in the raid, whether you all cover everything or do even rough assignments (X takes tanks and melee, Y and Z do raid and spot heal the tanks etc). You can also pad as a healer... I was in an NH LFR the other night and the other druid was WAY above me. Some of that was gear (my 860 vs their 890) but some was that they're top player healed was... themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Here's how I spot the bad raid leaders... they look at HPS to measure how good a healer is.
    That's not entirely fair. Sure, there's some variation depending on setup, but if one healer is constantly at 50% of other healers' HPS on progression content, something isn't right. You obviously can't look at logs from normal or LFR when you're doing heroic progression, but you can look at the logs where you're struggling. Higher HPS doesn't mean better, but very low HPS does mean bad.

Literally impossible to tell till we see what fight, how many healers, what mode.

HPS doesn't work the same as DPS.

You could literally have zero HPS if no one took dmg. If you want an idea, go to warcraftlogs and take a look at the top 100. First page is skewed with people cheesing fights. Also dropping one healer will have some healing 400k HPS easily jump over 500.

I ll post todays logs for first 5 bosses on NH H, then u guys can give me some insight. Less than 300k hps is bad generally speaking ?

Quote Originally Posted by Minah View Post
    I ll post todays logs for first 5 bosses on NH H, then u guys can give me some insight. Less than 300k hps is bad generally speaking ?
    Depends on the fight. Less than 300k on heroic/mythic Skorpyron is disastrous unless you have way too many healers. Less than 300k on Anomaly is unremarkable.