Trinket Help - Aluriel's Mirror & Cake

Hey Forum!

Haven't some issues with trinkets at the moment, and wondered if you could help me out.

I have the 875 Urn from Nightbane (Int + Mastery) (Ethereal's Urn)

Then I was using the Aluriel's Mirror (With a Socket, 150 Mastery) (Aluriel's Mirror)

But then Cake Trinket dropped the other night and I'm unsure what to go with.

I do have the 875 version of this trinket (Perfectly Preserved Cake)

Problem is:

- Should I be using the cake trinket? If so, is that better than the Mirror?
    - I'm finding the Mirror trinket proc really strong at the moment as it seems to proc a lot so that helps with raid healing. But the Cake does give a flat 3% Mastery increase.

My current Mastery is at 46% with the Mirror and would be 49% with the Cake, but then I'd lose the extra healing proc from the Mirror.

Any advice?

Running Piety + Benediction.

I would send links to Trinkets and Character page, but sadly can't as I'm still new to the forum!

THANK YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by CindersSV View Post
    Hey Forum!

Haven't some issues with trinkets at the moment, and wondered if you could help me out.

I have the 875 Urn from Nightbane (Int + Mastery) (Ethereal's Urn)

Then I was using the Aluriel's Mirror (With a Socket, 150 Mastery) (Aluriel's Mirror)

But then Cake Trinket dropped the other night and I'm unsure what to go with.

I do have the 875 version of this trinket (Perfectly Preserved Cake)

Problem is:

- Should I be using the cake trinket? If so, is that better than the Mirror?
    - I'm finding the Mirror trinket proc really strong at the moment as it seems to proc a lot so that helps with raid healing. But the Cake does give a flat 3% Mastery increase.

My current Mastery is at 46% with the Mirror and would be 49% with the Cake, but then I'd lose the extra healing proc from the Mirror.

Any advice?

Running Piety + Benediction.

I would send links to Trinkets and Character page, but sadly can't as I'm still new to the forum!

THANK YOU!
    46% mastery is already plenty high so just stick with the mirror and urn if that's been working for you. Keep the Cake around in case your Raid Leader/Healing Officer asks for cakes for a specific encounter (Krosus orbs or something, idk).

If you have logs to see exactly what % of your healing is being done by the Mirror proc we could give you a proper mathy answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephthysis View Post
    46% mastery is already plenty high so just stick with the mirror and urn if that's been working for you. Keep the Cake around in case your Raid Leader/Healing Officer asks for cakes for a specific encounter (Krosus orbs or something, idk).

If you have logs to see exactly what % of your healing is being done by the Mirror proc we could give you a proper mathy answer.
    Thanks dude!

Interesting you mention, that's enough mastery.

What would you say is optimal?

Thanks dude!

Interesting you mention, that's enough mastery.

What would you say is optimal?
    "Optimal" is hard to pin down. It's going to vary a lot by your job in the raid, other healers, and just personal preference. Most recommendations range from 35 as a minimum to 45 as the max.

"Optimal" is hard to pin down. It's going to vary a lot by your job in the raid, other healers, and just personal preference. Most recommendations range from 35 as a minimum to 45 as the max.
    You're a star!

Thank you so much!

You're a star!

Thank you so much!
    NP. Just as an afterthought, neither trinket is actually very good for holy (both are ranked below baseline, with the Cake slightly ahead but not enough to make any real difference), so if you can get a stat stick like Etraeus' Celestial Map or Helya's bottle, those would be the better choice.

Have you tried using the cake. The absorbs on it are very strong. Many of the fights in the nighthold have predictable damage. Which it makes it easy to get the full procs out of the cake. It accounted for about 8-9% of my total healing. The mirror a 880 one has barley ever topped 3% for me. Give it a shot before passing on it.

Quote Originally Posted by adenosine88 View Post
    Have you tried using the cake. The absorbs on it are very strong. Many of the fights in the nighthold have predictable damage. Which it makes it easy to get the full procs out of the cake. It accounted for about 8-9% of my total healing. The mirror a 880 one has barley ever topped 3% for me. Give it a shot before passing on it.
    Agreed. my raid lead shaman uses one and gets a decent it from it

Quote Originally Posted by Jaigar View Post
    Agreed. my raid lead shaman uses one and gets a decent it from it
    Shaman (and Paladin) masteries boost the cake absorb I believe. Holy Priests' does not. Hence it performs above baseline for both those classes and not for us.

NP. Just as an afterthought, neither trinket is actually very good for holy (both are ranked below baseline, with the Cake slightly ahead but not enough to make any real difference), so if you can get a stat stick like Etraeus' Celestial Map or Helya's bottle, those would be the better choice.
    Ummm beg to differ. I have and use Cake as a Holy Priest and it is wonderful. Your mileage may vary as it is an on use trinket. How to Priest spreadsheet list it as a great trinket. In fact Delicious Cake is good for pretty much all healers.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=355536425
    Last edited by Hamacus; 2017-02-13 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamacus View Post
    Ummm beg to differ. I have and use Cake as a Holy Priest and it is wonderful. Your mileage may vary as it is an on use trinket. How to Priest spreadsheet list it as a great trinket. In fact Delicious Cake is good for pretty much all healers.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=355536425
    Theoretical output and *actual* output in the *actual* encounters that we have to face are two very different things.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...tinfo=Trinkets

There's a clear demarcation for Holy Priests between the stat sticks (including Arcanocrystal and Velen's) and then everything else. Unless your contention is that somehow the top 25% of mythic holy priests just can't figure out how to use it correctly? To which I would offer:

Somehow the Paladins have figured out how to make the cake good but the Priests haven't?

Who knows. There could be some bug with HPriests preventing the cake from being as good as it should be. We've certainly had enough unexplainable bugs with the spec in this expansion so far.
    Last edited by Nephthysis; 2017-02-13 at 11:50 PM.

Deleted
    Theoretical output and *actual* output in the *actual* encounters that we have to face are two very different things.

There's a clear demarcation for Holy Priests between the stat sticks (including Arcanocrystal and Velen's) and then everything else. Unless your contention is that somehow the top 25% of mythic holy priests just can't figure out how to use it correctly? To which I would offer:

Somehow the Paladins have figured out how to make the cake good but the Priests haven't?

Who knows. There could be some bug with HPriests preventing the cake from being as good as it should be. We've certainly had enough unexplainable bugs with the spec in this expansion so far.
    One reason why you'll see less the best players use the cake is because it scales poorly just like Vial did. Vial and Cake were and are both awesome for earlier progress but lose value over time.

Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    One reason why you'll see less the best players use the cake is because it scales poorly just like Vial did. Vial and Cake were and are both awesome for earlier progress but lose value over time.
    that would be true for paladins as well though, wouldn't it?

Don't take this as a mockery. I'm seriously asking as I am interested in how good the cake is -- from my experience it seemed as a great trinket (at least for out *heroic* raiding)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudoJ View Post
    that would be true for paladins as well though, wouldn't it?

Don't take this as a mockery. I'm seriously asking as I am interested in how good the cake is -- from my experience it seemed as a great trinket (at least for out *heroic* raiding)
    I think as you've said that for paladins their mastery helps the trinket and since they're often in melee it's real easy for them to use it on people right next to them, maybe paladins have prio on the trinket when it drops in many guilds for this reason, who knows.

My point was more to inform about how it scales poorly than to dispute anything you said

Agree 100%