Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Played at launch till probably one of the later living stories before the expac. Have not bought expac. With how they sell the game and that they are working on the next expac, would it make better since just to keep waiting till the next expac drops to purchase the game?
    Potentially it would be better to wait? Most people think that when they release the new xpac the content from HoT will then become part of the F2P bit so new players will only ever have to buy one new expansion. But I don't think they have said for definite sure that is how it works yet. If nothing else though I'd try to pay attention to the Living story release schedule because if you login in once during each active chapter it'll be unlocked for you already when you get HoT. So, for example, right now the fourth chapter of Living Season 3 is active and if you login before the fifth one is released the fourth will unlock for you even though you don't have HoT yet (you just wouldn't be able to play it until you got HoT).

Going to piggy back on this thread since it's a similar question.

Played at launch till probably one of the later living stories before the expac. Have not bought expac. With how they sell the game and that they are working on the next expac, would it make better since just to keep waiting till the next expac drops to purchase the game?
    I would not recommend paying full price for the game. If you can get it on sale, sure, or wait until X2.

Probably worth signing in with each PvE content patch to unlock the chapters, though, as the new maps make getting Ascended trinkets easy. You won't be able to use them without HoT but you will still keep the unlock credit for when you do get HoT one way or the other.
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2017-03-14 at 04:21 PM.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Who's E.
    What does Abaddon have to do with Scarlet (or have they scrapped this idea? they promised fall of abaddon fractal but it's not there)
    Details on Rytlock becoming Revenant (this one might be in-game already)
    Anise's age
    What's the deal with bringing Tequatl and Shatterer back

Probably some more but can't recall them all now.
    Don't put much thought into GW2 lore. They still haven't made any attempt to give a reason as to why Jennah is this insanely powerful mesmer other than the authority equals asskicking trope. Nothing about who trained her or how she had the time for training after taking the throne when she was like 16.

This is also the company that created Scarlet, one of the biggest mary sues in the history of video games if not all of entertainment in general. And instead of learning from that mistake they go ahead and create Taimi who is already half the mary sue that Scarlet was.
    Last edited by Erbel; 2017-03-16 at 05:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erbel View Post
    They still haven't made any attempt to give a reason as to why Jennah is this insanely powerful mesmer other than the authority equals asskicking trope. Nothing about who trained her or how she had the time for training after taking the throne when she was like 16.
    I've read a theory about stone in her throne room.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Idk about you guys, but I feel the graphics are kinda holding GW2 back atm, their player models could use a facelift.

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    Idk about you guys, but I feel the graphics are kinda holding GW2 back atm, their player models could use a facelift.
    I'm not really worried about the graphics myself. Especially after WoW turned my gnomes into horrible caricatures that still didn't look up to par, I'd rather not change.

Really it's just content for me, just not enough I want to do. Losing replay value.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    Well, in a way they do if you buy that make-over kit. A lot of new appearances in there. Sadly you have to pay every-time you want it. Should have gone the SW:TOR route where you buy the new appearances and they are unlocked for all your characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Jngizu View Post
    Well, in a way they do if you buy that make-over kit. A lot of new appearances in there. Sadly you have to pay every-time you want it. Should have gone the SW:TOR route where you buy the new appearances and they are unlocked for all your characters.
    To run with this a little, having played FF14 for the better part of the last 2 years, the one thing that irks me in GW2 is if I simply want to change a character's hairdo...not even a full-on remodel of a character, but simply a haircut, costs 250 gems, which is ~65g when I last checked maybe 2 weeks ago. That's akin to FF14 charging around a million gil for a trip to the aesthetician.

Course, FF14 also has a monthly sub fee, and there is the unlimited use hairstyle kit in GW2...which happens to cost as much as some of the legendary weapons, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Going to piggy back on this thread since it's a similar question.

Just keep an eye on it when it goes on sale. I believe it went on sale for half off their normal price a month or so ago. The base game went on sale fairly often pre-xpac after it had been out at least a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    To run with this a little, having played FF14 for the better part of the last 2 years, the one thing that irks me in GW2 is if I simply want to change a character's hairdo...not even a full-on remodel of a character, but simply a haircut, costs 250 gems, which is ~65g when I last checked maybe 2 weeks ago. That's akin to FF14 charging around a million gil for a trip to the aesthetician.

Course, FF14 also has a monthly sub fee, and there is the unlimited use hairstyle kit in GW2...which happens to cost as much as some of the legendary weapons, lol.
    Yeah, not being able to change haircuts like WoW of FFXIV is one of my biggest pet peeves.