Help for our Holy Priest (Mythic Anomaly)

Hello

I main resto druid and unfortunately have no idea how to priest heal. We're currently progressing mythic Chronomatic Anomaly Mythic (2% last night) and our holy priest seems a bit behind on throughput and I was hoping some of you could take a look at the logs and maybe give some advice for me to pass on. We were struggling a lot of the time with 4 healers (can't go 5 as dps too tight) and fairly sure there was enough healing to be done that his numbers should be higher. General issues we had were the healer debuff not being healed off enough and people being shit with running out with time bomb XD

Don't think I can post links as new but the report reference that comes after the /reports is
    gfycnJmvLbqDFNkW

He was there for the first 13 pulls then we swapped him for one of our Tanks who offspecs Holy Pally and he was able to do the same kind of healing whilst doing around 70K DPS so guessing the priest should be capable of more.

Thanks in advance for your help
    Takoda

There are a lot of basics missing:

-Your holy priest is using Renew as a filler spell. You shouldn't ever cast Renew if you have the possibility to cast something else. (i.e. only use renew while on the run and not having ANY other instant cast spell available. Renew's HoT doesn't interact with our mastery at all and it doesn't trigger Serendipity. It's not worth casting, even with legendary legs.)

-Prayer of Mending casts are generally very low. Use it on CD, no exceptions.

-Your holy priest seems to have mana issues yet is still running Trail of Light over Enlightenment.

-Generally has poor positioning and has to run a lot at last seconds notice. Pre-positioning better during movement GCDs will greatly help reduce Renew casts and help overall hps.

-Poor Divine Hymn use: Usually could fit in one more cast, Prepare for it by having lots of PoMs out & use a Holy Word to have Divinity up for it.

-Runs with Body&Mind over Feathers. Feathers always are the better choice, no exceptions.

-Poor Trinkets (most stat sticks are better than Aluriel's mirror.)

-Not using Drape of Shame (it's usually better than 890 cloacks with sockets, have him have a look at this spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1892305295)

I'm sure there's things I've missed as I only had a quick glance at the logs, there probably is more.

EDIT:
    Mastery is getting to the upper limit, should think about changing some enchants. (40% is already too much for me personally, most people advise staying in the 35%-40% range.)
    Last edited by Delek; 2017-02-13 at 12:39 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by McPhie View Post
    Hello

I main resto druid and unfortunately have no idea how to priest heal. We're currently progressing mythic Chronomatic Anomaly Mythic (2% last night) and our holy priest seems a bit behind on throughput and I was hoping some of you could take a look at the logs and maybe give some advice for me to pass on. We were struggling a lot of the time with 4 healers (can't go 5 as dps too tight) and fairly sure there was enough healing to be done that his numbers should be higher. General issues we had were the healer debuff not being healed off enough and people being shit with running out with time bomb XD

Don't think I can post links as new but the report reference that comes after the /reports is
    gfycnJmvLbqDFNkW

He was there for the first 13 pulls then we swapped him for one of our Tanks who offspecs Holy Pally and he was able to do the same kind of healing whilst doing around 70K DPS so guessing the priest should be capable of more.

Thanks in advance for your help
    Takoda
    Your priest posted in the Holy Priest thread looking for advice already. At least he's taking initiative.

Long story short: There are so many basics he needs to work on, its difficult to tell where to begin. He's not even well fed for heaven's sake.
    Last edited by Nephthysis; 2017-02-13 at 01:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephthysis View Post
    Your priest posted in the Holy Priest thread looking for advice already. At least he's taking initiative.

Long story short: There are so many basics he needs to work on, its difficult to tell where to begin. He's not even well fed for heaven's sake.
    Yeah, at least he's trying.

Honestly, Blizz keeps changing Priests like they change community managers. A month ago, we couldn't PvP as Holy and compete with Disc to save our lives... This month, we blow a Disc priest out of the water in PvP now..

Give it another month & patch, and he'll have re-learn more crap too.

(I've been Holy Priesting since the drop of TBC.)
    Last edited by Violent; 2017-02-13 at 03:08 PM.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Thanks very much for your replies, glad to hear he's been trying to improve on his own too. Any idea when he asked for help, be good to see what was said then too

Thanks again
    Takoda

Quote Originally Posted by McPhie View Post
    Thanks very much for your replies, glad to hear he's been trying to improve on his own too. Any idea when he asked for help, be good to see what was said then too

Thanks again
    Takoda
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...cussion/page47

About 4 hours before you originally posted.

In short: ABC - Always be casting. His Casts per Minute is really poor. Maybe he's just uncomfortable with the class or the fight (although he said he's been playing it since MC) or maybe his computer is struggling. I don't know.

Stats are really not going to fix any of his problems, but not being well fed, not having enchants/gems, etc is a sign of just poor preparation or engagement with what he's doing. IMO someone who can't take those basic steps just doesn't belong in a mythic raid. They should be a given.

I would really consider giving him "a" job, just one, until he's doing better. In the healing comp that you had in the posted logs, let him be a paladin. Take Trail of Light and tank heal/spot heal with Flash Heal and casting PoM on cooldown. Use that time to practice using Holy Words to keep Divinity uptime at or above 30%. Assign a specific time (healing absorb during Slow Phase) to use Divine Hymn. Start with some basic goals like that.