10+ Year Old Account

Newly Resto druid asking for some feedback. (logs included)

Character: Mixyzptlk ( http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...xyzptlk/simple )

Heroic Tich Logs:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...8&type=healing

I have read w/e I could find on resto druids in these forums and Icy-veins. Not sure if armory shows it anywhere, but my resto weapon is at 37.

Key issues:
    • Going out of Mana
    • Raw healing throughput.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Your mana issues could probably be resolved by using Regrowth less (use Swiftmend instead) and by making better use of Innervate. Use it earlier and you'll be able to use it more. Also try to pay more attention to what you cast during it - you want to time it with expensive spells like Efflorescence and Wild Growth, and you want to fill every spare GCD during it with Rejuvenations.

As for HPS, nothing really stands out. Cooldown use is fine. Spell use is decent, except that you shouldn't need that many Regrowths on that fight. Try to spend some of that time and mana on more Wild Growths and Rejuvenations and you shouldn't need to do that much spot healing. You're ranked decently for your item level, so just work on improving your gear if possible.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Not a whole lot is standing out to me, to be honest. Your numbers might look low to you, but it's likely because you probably have too many healers (5 healers for 21 people might be much, but I don't have access to any of my heroic Tich logs right now to tell). Resto druids tend to look exceptionally bad when there's too many healers, so that might be the case here. Tich isn't really a great fight to look at in terms of logs as the healing tends to be much more sporadic and a great deal of your time will be spent keeping hots on players with Carrion.

Your mana should be fine for awhile in this fight, but once a handful of people have Carrion you'll want to keep hots on all of them and I usually throw an Efflorescence on that side of the room to get the ranged/melee with the debuff. If you're using SB, this will give you an extra hot so that your Rejuv blanket on them is that much stronger. Try to use your first innervate once a handful of people get Carrion, then Efflorescence --> Wild Growth --> Rejuv blanket --> Fluourish/Ghanir. Try to also ensure you get one of the buffs from the bats and you should be totally find on mana for this fight.

Oh, make sure you're not forgetting about Barkskin (when you get Carrion likely) and more Ironbark usage. Other than that, as long as you're getting the kills, you're doing fine. Looks like you're lower ilvl than your other resto druid and your weapon is likely lower as well -- both will greatly factor into your output.

The main issue is your use of Regrowth & Rejuve, you should almost never have 23 casts of regrowth in any fight ever, cast a rejuve and move on. Let other healers with less expensive more efficient heals get to the single target burst healing.

Heres my Tich kill (Only a 10s difference in fight length to your kill):
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ling&source=13

0 Casts of Regrowth & 133 Rejuves.
    Last edited by Intricate; 2017-02-14 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Intricate View Post
    That is the other extrem. You should cast it on clearcasting procc only (but then it's free healing, so don't miss it) or someone is in dire need of direct healing and you are not sure other healers can cover it. Casting it zero times is a waste too.

You missed 18 clearcasting procs, so that's a bit far in the other direction.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

It doesn't look quite as bad as you think.

As for the mana issues, there are a few tips:
    • time your first Innervate as early as possible - at Brand explosion or when more than a few people got Carrion Plague and you have to refresh Effloressence + cast WG; you will be able to squeeze it 3 times in this fight
    • get Essence of Night once during one of the Night phases - it's pretty much a must unless you're farming Tich with no issues whatsoever; leave the other for damage dealers to burn through dps check
    • you have 100% uptime on Lifebloom - that's very good, so try not to miss Clearcasting proc for free Regrowth, but avoid using it otherwise unless someone is in urgent need of it
    • always have some mana/leytorrent potions handy - they're cheap, yet you have 0 uses
    • ask ret for BoW

Quote Originally Posted by Grenor View Post
    That is the other extrem. You should cast it on clearcasting procc only (but then it's free healing, so don't miss it) or someone is in dire need of direct healing and you are not sure other healers can cover it. Casting it zero times is a waste too.
    Wasting all my Clearcasting procs is definitely a mistake but could only be seen as an HPS loss in fights where mana is an issue (tichs ph2 buff boost mana regen)

actually using every proc I got that fight for example(18) would of been an HPS loss for sure since I ended the fight with more then enough mana.

Wasting all my Clearcasting procs is definitely a mistake but could only be seen as an HPS loss in fights where mana is an issue (tichs ph2 buff boost mana regen)

actually using every proc I got that fight for example(18) would of been an HPS loss for sure since I ended the fight with more then enough mana.
    Suggesting to ignore ooc proccs, when the TO has mana-probs, is a bit problematic. But yes, if you get enough orbs to fuel your healers too(This should be normal), Tichondreus is basicly a "infinite" mana encounter. And then you can ignore ooc proccs.

If it would be a hps loss or not is not so easy to figure out. You weren't gcd limited, so the regrowth may or may not have been additional cast. Hard to say if there was a place where they would have been beneficial.
    Last edited by Grenor; 2017-02-14 at 11:17 AM.

The main issue is your use of Regrowth & Rejuve, you should almost never have 23 casts of regrowth in any fight ever, cast a rejuve and move on. Let other healers with less expensive more efficient heals get to the single target burst healing.

Don't listen to this guy...

Zero cast of Regrowth is retarded... CLEARCASTING = FREE REGROWTH.

Anyways, you had 23 clearcasting, and 24 Regrowth, you did really well, i'm guessing you have a Weak Aura for it. I cast Regrowth a few time without CC just to get the mastery up on my tank or to save a player.

Make sure you are using Flourish + Artifact with your Wild Growth I believe your numbers a bit low but it's hard to tell with 5 healers and 35-40% overheal. Go down to 4.

Your Rejuvs tics are low (more haste perhaps) and per hit is a bit under (mastery,crit,int) helps this
    7mins, you should have 3 or 4 innverates and probably 5-7 Artifact. Missed a bit there. But this and WG statement all an effect on overhealing, so yeah its going to be low when your heals are getting cut short.

I would start using Spring Blossoms as the mastery bonus is really big with 2p piece set.

Also the biggest thing for mana on Tich is RED ORBS, during that addphase, you have to an orb, you should never have mana issues on this fight,especially with 5 healers.

*Extra tips* Didn't time out your CW/Efflo uptime but get weak auras for CW, Efflo, Lifebloom, Swiftmend, and then WA for Clearcasting, Power of the Archdruid, and you will start seeing some real results. I also have one for duration of artifact and innverate so I know how much more HPS i can really push.
    Last edited by Dilemma90; 2017-02-14 at 02:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Delimma90 - Yes, I do have WA with audible cues for Clearcasting procs and I tend to mechanically cast Regrowth on the tank with Lifebloom when Clearcasting procs. I also have the legendary bracers so I am trying to teach myself to Swiftmend the tank when he has all 4 HOTs - LB, Regrowth, CW, Rejuv on him. And preferably the 5th (WG).

I noticed that my CW, Efflo uptime isnt where it should be. Also my Flourish, Art weapon, Innervate usage isn't great either. I need to work on using those more.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Hey,

as far as I can tell you should use a different trinket for vial, maybe try to get a statstick, arcanocrystal or a good chronoshard, even hightend senses is better than vial. Your raw healing is low(er) because you only have 37 traits in your weapon and you are behind in gear. Having 5 healers for this fight is not optimal aswell, since you can time your manapotion and innervate in a way were you could spam-cast the whole fight (because of the mana-regen-orb). Talentchoices are fine, I prefer either IP or germination on this fight but that comes down to your playstyle.

You only have one legendary make use of it! You CAN have 60% uptime of CW if you time swiftment and flourish with your CW properly. I often mess this up as well because I "value" raid-hps more than tankhps (depends on the other healers).

Ticho is a "healerfight", but how much you can do depends on the "badness" of your raid, e.g. everyone having plague = massive HPS.
    If you compare these two fights you will see a big difference in my healing but not that much for the other healers, that's because the raid was playing bad and everyone took a lot more damage, plus I played the first one really bad.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...8&type=summary

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...7&type=summary

Ticho is the perfect example why I tell everyone here that you first need to learn how to get maximum HPS before you consider a more manaefficient style. It's the "infinite"-mana fight that will be the most fun and will need you to push your class to the limit.

Cheers
    RestoSpirit