Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by pay928 View Post
    DH or Monk for good AE then Hunter or rogue for good damage and misdirects for Skittish. Hunter might have more utility via pets.
    More utility via pets? Sure if they're playing the wrong spec lol. MM doesn't use pets.

OT: Rogue+Warlock/boomkin or DK+Hunter, you want a MD for skittish weeks the cheeky rogue/hunter trash pack resets for skipping, but you also want a brez. And on top of that you want to try to stick to only 1 melee.
    Last edited by Emerald Archer; 2017-02-14 at 06:10 AM.

favourite setup would be...

tank: Paladin because best dps tank.
    healer: druid/paladin best dps healers.
    dps: DH very good and long burst, afflock very high sustained ST/AoE, mage/hunter for instant application dmg while they can aoe and st very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcrin View Post
    favourite setup would be...

tank: Paladin because best dps tank.
    healer: druid/paladin best dps healers.
    dps: DH very good and long burst, afflock very high sustained ST/AoE, mage/hunter for instant application dmg while they can aoe and st very good.
    Pally best dps tank? No that's warrior..
    Pally healer dps is great but they won't use that often in high m+ where it matters, also overflow week they're terrible. But yeah, druids are great healers for it, not so much good dps, but great healing + a brez.
    And dps wise, you're either sacrificing lust or Misdirection+resetting mob skips.

Literally DH tank, 3 ret pallies and resto druid...

monk/Dh is the best combo if you got to take two melee

demonic dh can tank skiddish and monk can taunt karma for nacrotic

rotate aoe stuns DH>monk>DH

you can bring anything to m+ but some classes just make it easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    More utility via pets? Sure if they're playing the wrong spec lol. MM doesn't use pets.

OT: Rogue+Warlock/boomkin or DK+Hunter, you want a MD for skittish weeks the cheeky rogue/hunter trash pack resets for skipping, but you also want a brez. And on top of that you want to try to stick to only 1 melee.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/9#keystone=15 seems to list BM ~3% behind MM (changing to DPS BM is 200k higher?). I don't know enough about hunters to account for this and only ~100 log difference between the 2 specs. I mostly said hunter since they can have brez via pet, reset mobs via FD, misdirect for skittish, and are ranged.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pay928 View Post
    I mostly said hunter since they can have brez via pet, reset mobs via FD, misdirect for skittish, and are ranged.
    I would just like to point out that BM misdirect's are extremely weak and I would not rely on them. Not trying to call you out, just making sure people who are interested in knowing their capabilities know that.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Entirely depends on dungeon, affixes and key level (and of course player teamwork, gear and skill). +20 and above has been done my most classes and specs just fine, there is no "best" setup that performs always and everywhere.

Just try to find a healthy mix of melee vs ranged, and single target vs aoe damage. It's helpful to bring 2-3 aoe stuns, 1-2 combat resurrections, and overall good defensive cooldowns (extremely high level keys may require at least some people to have immunities).

go with furry war and prot paladin change the rolls, then a shaman or druid healer i suggest.

Monk as one of the 2, as monks are the least played class in this game, but are SUPER fun!
    The other one either DK, druid or WL cuz of brez!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaek View Post
    Hey everyone,

Me and 4 friends have all returned to WoW recently. Mythic+ content is something we're aiming for in attempting to tackle the highest level possible. Currently myself (Elemental Shaman), a Holy Paladin, and Prot Warrior are locked in place. The remaining two friends are still deciding on what DPSers they should roll. So my question is, taking to account already having these 3 specs/classes, what is YOUR preferred group comp/suggestion? I was thinking at least one hybrid that way if an affix is too challenging for a certain class + roll we could mix it up a bit? Anyways let me know what you think, and thanks for the feedback.
    Definitely a boomkin and rogue...

Ele is amazing aoe and has bloodlust
    Boomkins just do a fuckton of damage whether it's aoe or st
    Rogues do insane st as assas (which you will need in higher +)
    It's advantageous to have a mix of melee/ranged but overall ranged is better(especially with the harder affixes).

You will have plenty of cc with this comp as well
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Affliction Warlocks are great for mythic+ and Fury Warrior. Assuming you have the right gear and all traits are maxed out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reachie10 View Post
    Thinking of playing my lock.

What are the benefits of a lock? What spec?
    Affliction for example can move all the time with no DPS loss at all. StS does amazing AoE, and you can even use Phantom Singularity for even more AoE. If you use the right build, and focus on haste mastery gear (will need haste with StS for mythic+ in my opinion) you will cruise through mythic+
    The Last Starfighter

"Listen, Centauri. I'm not any of those guys, I'm a kid from a trailer park." - Alex Rogan

"If that's what you think, then that's all you'll ever be!" - Centauri

Deleted
    From the roles I play:

1) Prot Paladin
    Resto Druid, Havoc DH, Hunter (BM or MM), Fire Mage

2) Holy Paladin
    Guardian Druid (such a dream to heal), Hunter, Fire Mage, Havoc DH

3) Ret Paladin
    Any tank who doesn't have threat issues, Holy Paladin (extra BoP for me), Hunter, Fire Mage. I prefer no additional melee, makes it easier.

4) BM Hunter
    DK (mass grip is so juicy), Resto Druids are great healers in general, Havoc DH, WW Monk. I prefer having less people at range when I'm playing my own ranged DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    WW,DH, Mage, Shaman/Pally Heals, Druid/BrM tank
    Have had plenty success with this even tho ive only done up to +11
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

10+ Year Old Account
    Druid & Demon Hunter

This will allows you to switch your classes around for different roles, under different circumstances.

Also people saying Balance isn't good for M+ are retarded. Pretty sure a balance druid hold the record for a few of the M+ dungeons.

pala tank , resto druid , dps : DH, monk , mage

Deleted
    Tank:
    Prot warr - after 7.1.5 skittish affix is non existant for us, can reflect some of the deadly stuff, crazy AoE damage, self sustain (with legendary Bracers)

Healer:
    1. Holy Priest with cloak - they can just "die" and spamheal the whole party every 10 minutes + GS that can save your squishy dps on some fights (1st and last boss in BRH, Xavius)
    2. Resto Druid - Hots and stuff

DPS:
    1. Fury warr (with 4set and 2 trinkets) - rapes anything single target and decent AoE (and oh god the last boss in EoA...)
    2. Demon Hunter - crazy single target, crazy AoE.. nuff said
    3. BM hunt - Hero/battle ress, decent damage, can "soak" all the volcanos from melee during volcanic week :>

Tank: Warrior
    Healer: Druid
    DPS x3: Havoc, Windwalker, <insert 3rd choice here>

Our Warrior was going to Tank, but decided to run as DPS instead, so my main question is; Which Tank is stronger for Mythic+? I understand they are all very close in balance and all have strengths/weaknesses, but just looking for good comp suggestions now that Prot Warrior is out of the question. The Holy Paladin is also willing and considering Resto Druid....so with that in-mind, what comps would be most competative? (IE: 15+ Mythic+). Since our Warrior is now DPS, I feel like it's safe to assume the other 2 DPS would be better off as ranged??