View Poll Results: Do you watch the Grammys?

Voters
28. This poll is closed
  • Yes

2 7.14%
  • No

26 92.86%
    7+ Year Old Account

Do you watch the Grammys?

I kind of crack up the morning after there was an award show when I see all the "press" on various new sites. This cracks me up because these days the only reason I know award shows, like the Grammys, have occurred is cause there are bunch of pictures posted of various people dressed up. If it wasn't for the pictures posted all over the place I'd never know the show happened.

So, this morning, I'm curious : do you watch the Grammys?
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2017-02-13 at 06:39 PM.

No, that's for old people. Before twitch and youtube stars became the REAL celebrities.

I'm being partially sarcastic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    No, that's for old people. Before twitch and youtube stars became the REAL celebrities.

I'm being partially sarcastic.
    I think that's fairly accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah. The Grammy's ok but they only account for some of our the music released in a particular genre.

I do like to read up on who won versus my expectations. I laughed at Chance The Rapper getting best new artists even though he has been around for years. Good to see him getting more recognition though.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I just don't care about award shows anymore, they never give prizes to the people I think deserve it, so why bother to watch?

I'll catch the winners on Social Media tomorrow, if there are any acceptance speaches of note I'll watch them on YouTube, why both sitting through the whole 17hour show when I can get all that in maybe 20 mins.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Nope. I saw them like twice in my whole life.

Like the OP, I only knew they occurred because of this morning's news headlines. All of which were about fashion. Nothing on my feeds remarked on the music or artists' works.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Like the OP, I only knew they occurred because of this morning's news headlines. All of which were about fashion. Nothing on my feeds remarked on the music or artists' works.
    That's what really cracks me up about the news feeds: its not about who won or lost, it was all about who wore what. I'd expect at least a bit of info on who won or performed. Nope. Whats important is who looked the best/worst.

Not watching and it seems like It's a shishow every year (at least in recent years?). This year: Beyonce something something?
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2017-02-14 at 01:35 AM.

No, all of the award shows are honestly garbage tv. Every celebrity that wins has to get up there and make their little political speech when they win, and of course, every year each award show is "racist" because not enough black people are nominated, or a white person won an award over a black person. Honestly, it's ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I don't give a shit about award shows.

Too meny uncouvered women at Grammies to watch. However, Busta Rhymes geeves me great hope fur future oof my people in America.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too much mainstream music for me to handle, there are way more talented artists out there that get so little exposure.

Music now days is suits telling you what you SHOULD listen to. There's very little music choice and freedom.
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-02-14 at 10:14 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance