Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Trump Supporters Online Are Pretending To Be French To Manipulate France’s Election

What might possibly another case of shilling and astroturfing. How can countries protect the norms of liberal democracy from online propaganda?
    Some of this reads like its straight out of the Igor Sechin playbook.

BuzzFeed News was recently given access to a chatroom called The Great Liberation of France, which is hosted on a Slack-like messaging platform called Discord.

The large majority of the work being done in The Great Liberation of France is based around creating fake Facebook and Twitter accounts to manipulate French social media users.

Users in the Liberation chatroom want to create as much chaos on social media as possible to make right-wing candidate Marine Le Pen and her supporters in the National Front (FN) seem like the most legitimate voice in French politics.

The group has made it extremely easy for English-speakers to participate as well. They have a Google Doc labeled “MEGA GENERAL” — “Make Europe Great Again” — that they use for planning out social media campaigns.

The doc includes instructions for how users can help teach fellow right-wing trolls how to make memes that would be believable in their country. “You have to provide reconnaissance for us.

Because nothing says democracy like trying to fuck with other peoples' democracies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to clarify, we aren't talking about the Russian-paid trolls and bots that supported Trump during the US election right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Just to clarify, we aren't talking about the Russian-paid trolls and bots that supported Trump during the US election right?
    I don't think so, these guys are doing it for free.

I'd hate to see the sad state of living of these people. Like, seriously, how much more pathetic can it get.

people need to do some research before they vote. but nah lets trust what the random guy on the internet say.

I think we can all agree that it's great to see average people taking back their nations and steering them in the right direction! Good thread, keep 'em coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

Deleted
    How do we know it's actually real and not made by anti-trump people pretending to be trump people elsewhere to make trump people look bad? Conspiracyception or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilch View Post
    How do we know it's actually real and not made by anti-trump people pretending to be trump people elsewhere to make trump people look bad? Conspiracyception or something.
    What if it's Trump supporters, pretending to be liberals pretending to be Trump supporters to throw us off their trail!?
    Checkmate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd guess its paid Nashi types and homegrown Neo-Reactionaries, self-reinforcing each other. An international circle-jerk of fascist memes and milk-chugging.

Great source.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    What if it's Trump supporters, pretending to be liberals pretending to be Trump supporters to throw us off their trail!?
    Checkmate.
    What if chessboard is trumped in favour of one side from the start?

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Checkmate.
    And suddenly, Hilary pulls off her Trump mask, then pulls off the Hilary mask to reveal she was Obama running for a third term all along.

Triple checkmate.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I don't think so, these guys are doing it for free.

I'd hate to see the sad state of living of these people. Like, seriously, how much more pathetic can it get.
    Pretty much.
    Its funny how on reddit, the mods for the Wilders and Le Pen subs are the same.

Is this not the globalism they claim to hate?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Because nothing says democracy like trying to fuck with other peoples' democracies.
    You mean like the Liberals around the World protesting against Trump?

I agree.

If you are going to attack one side, also attack Clinton and her army on Reddit and elsewhere.

Just saying... It's super easy to hop on the bash Trump bandwagon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post

I agree.
    Disagreeing with Trump does not make you a liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post

I agree.
    You mean exercising their free speech rights without pretending to be someone they aren't? How dastardly of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    If you are going to attack one side, also attack Clinton and her army on Reddit and elsewhere.

Just saying... It's super easy to hop on the bash Trump bandwagon.
    How does Clinton relate to this topic?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You mean exercising their free speech rights without pretending to be someone they aren't? How dastardly of them.
    I dunno, how do yo know who these people are when they wear Masks?

Quote Originally Posted by Rilch View Post
    honestly i wouldn't be surprised, now days hating on trump for nothing makes you mr cool guy.