Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAlkohol View Post
    You dont even need to run spirits, you do the same damage with san´layn in P1 and AS is useless in p3
    Sorry this is incorrect. AS is an incredibly large boost to both p1 and p2 damage. Having 3+ targets with both dots on them pretty much all the time is incredibly good for AS. You're not wrong that SL would be better for p3, but the benefit of AS more than outweighs the detriment.

Mudkipz: If I have the option of rolling 10k+ crit with acceptable haste for botanist, should I? I have 3 AS relics so I think its probably overkill.

Deleted
    But isn't p3 the important part of the fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Dadcleavin View Post
    Mudkipz: If I have the option of rolling 10k+ crit with acceptable haste for botanist, should I? I have 3 AS relics so I think its probably overkill.
    I have no idea. I'm by no means a theorycrafter in any capacity. 10k is probably overkill though, especially if you're dropping a lot of mastery or going below ~10k haste.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asewo View Post
    But isn't p3 the important part of the fight?
    Sure, but doing marginally less damage in p3 is worth annihilating p1 and especially p2.

Quote Originally Posted by friedmudkipz View Post
    Sorry this is incorrect. AS is an incredibly large boost to both p1 and p2 damage. Having 3+ targets with both dots on them pretty much all the time is incredibly good for AS. You're not wrong that SL would be better for p3, but the benefit of AS more than outweighs the detriment.
    Why are you telling people to play AS on Mythic Botanist, Phase 1 and 2 are a complete joke. I held r1 on mythic botanist for 5 days playing SL, you can do just as much damage using SL, and actually have an impact in P3

Deleted
    looking to reroll priest but first i want to come and take the advice of strangers on what i personally find fun.

Ill also give you my two cents on shadow right now, we aren't strong on pure single target fights, but that doesn't matter because the closest thing to pure ST is Krosus and you can proc ToF on the adds so we end up being middle of the pack if you play correctly. On the harder fights in NH shadow priest has the potential to top dps on most of these fight (Spell, Star, Elisand, Bot). Basically what I'm saying is that shadow is in a really good place on Multi target fights, Fights you can proc ToF on, or fights that you need execute damage. We are also very strong in High Mythic Plus 11+, you can basically top damage on trash packs of 3-7 mobs with high health. Don't listen to any of these people telling you shadow is in a bad place right now, they are probably raiding heroic content or something irrelevant. - 8/10 Mythic Experience.

Quote Originally Posted by bskgrg2 View Post
    Why are you telling people to play AS on Mythic Botanist, Phase 1 and 2 are a complete joke. I held r1 on mythic botanist for 5 days playing SL, you can do just as much damage using SL, and actually have an impact in P3
    I've gotten rank 1 running AS on botanist literally ever kill I haven't had to suicide p3 marks, and my p3 damage is fine. As long as you consider being top dps doing 850k+ in p3 as "having an impact". I could very well be wrong and SL could be better, but my experiences do not support that conclusion in the slightest. 2-3% more p3 damage doesn't seem to be worth switching.
    Last edited by friedmudkipz; 2017-03-03 at 05:33 AM.

I've gotten rank 1 running AS on botanist literally ever kill I haven't had to suicide p3 marks, and my p3 damage is fine. As long as you consider being top dps doing 850k+ in p3 as "having an impact". I could very well be wrong and SL could be better, but my experiences do not support that conclusion in the slightest. 2-3% more p3 damage doesn't seem to be worth switching.
    Do you switch your gear set for the fight to acquire more crit? or do you run with your normal haste/mastery gear with AS and you are seeing better numbers?

Deleted
    Just curious... how much crit u got? I tried with 4k crit and honestly I had the feeling i was doing better with SL but i might be wrong or might need more crit.
    Also, I'm not that convinced about AS being better than SL. The extra damage from AS isnt going to lashers or spheres (they die too fast, just SWP them), so all of it is going on the 3 big adds... on average, when 3 are up, 66% of that damage is going to be wasted, and when 2 are up 50% of the damage is useless... so the extra damage it gives when it procs more (with 3 and 2 adds) is not going to be counted.
    I guess AS is better to rank since if ur lucky that extra damage will actually go on the add that counts boosting your dps, but on average I'm not sure it's better.
    Opinions on this?
    Last edited by mmoca542e793be; 2017-03-03 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zirhark View Post
    Do you switch your gear set for the fight to acquire more crit? or do you run with your normal haste/mastery gear with AS and you are seeing better numbers?
    I don't change my gear. I don't really have a ton of gear alternatives to switch out tbh, but it's just my normal heavy haste/mastery stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    Just curious... how much crit u got? I tried with 4k crit and honestly I had the feeling i was doing better with SL but i might be wrong or might need more crit.
    Also, I'm not that convinced about AS being better than SL. The extra damage from AS isnt going to lashers or spheres (they die too fast, just SWP them), so all of it is going on the 3 big adds... on average, when 3 are up, 66% of that damage is going to be wasted, and when 2 are up 50% of the damage is useless... so the extra damage it gives when it procs more (with 3 and 2 adds) is not going to be counted.
    I guess AS is better to rank since if ur lucky that extra damage will actually go on the add that counts boosting your dps, but on average I'm not sure it's better.
    Opinions on this?
    I run a little over 6k crit. The advantage of AS isn't shadowy apparitions damage, it's that you gain significant single target benefit from the insanity gen from having multiple targets dotted up, even if those targets themselves are inconsequential (bosses that will heal). Adds aren't particularly important when deciding between SL and AS.

Deleted
    I have no idea. I'm by no means a theorycrafter in any capacity. 10k is probably overkill though, especially if you're dropping a lot of mastery or going below ~10k haste.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, but doing marginally less damage in p3 is worth annihilating p1 and especially p2.
    Well, I disagree, we only had ~25 tries on the boss so far, from which I played around half with AS. It actually didnt change my damage in the slightest, and I was equal with our other SP who played AS throughout. (I have 3.5k crit and 10k mastery)

Another point is, if you progress this boss, why would you ever want more P1 dps, yes it looks better on the meters, but from a progress point of view it´s useless.

I'm not far in progression but when it comes down to it I can put out some decent numbers. Have a high parse here and there. But absolutely I do better on multi target than single. I also have probably the 5 worst legendaries I could have so far. Hey... good ones will have to come eventually. Even if it's just cause it's all that's left for me to get lol.