Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Bestial Ferocity can now critically strike

That is all. Wohoo.
    Last edited by Chickensoup23; 2017-02-14 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Keepin it simple

Interesting. When AMR was doing that, it made AotB look even better than KC.

It should be even more interesting with the legendary ring, hmm...

I wonder if this talent is now worth choosing.

Bestial Ferocity is part of Aspect of the Beast talent, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Aelgar View Post
    Bestial Ferocity is part of Aspect of the Beast talent, correct?
    Correct /10char

damn you Blizzard for making choices available!!! If this becomes competitive then we would switch back to a ferocity pet.

Quote Originally Posted by palthis View Post
    damn you Blizzard for making choices available!!! If this becomes competitive then we would switch back to a ferocity pet.
    Would probably be competitive if we had a fight with sustained cleave whole time.

I've already been using AOTB for high cleave fights anyway, since Killer Cobra goes down the drain when you have to keep weaving in multi-shots to maintain beast cleave. This just gives a small buff to my cleave build.

So am guessing AOTB be the go to talent now for aoe fights in NH, especially if you have the apex ring?

Does this also mean AOTB will be the go to talent for M+ as well?

This should have been around from the start

The tooltip says it does about 100K damage over 6 seconds but when I look at my damage logs its actually ticking for about 100K per tick, 300K total. So I guess the tooltip isn't adjusted for maybe mastery as well as pet combat expertise?

In testing it's around 9% of my damage on ST. Did a 2 minute single target test with KC vs AOTB and they came out basically exactly the same. KC is better for burst phases though since you can hold Bestial Wrath until needed if necessary. Definitely going to be taking AOTB for cleave fights.
    Last edited by ydraw; 2017-02-15 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cLax0n View Post
    The tooltip says it does about 100K damage over 6 seconds but when I look at my damage logs its actually ticking for about 100K per tick, 300K total. So I guess the tooltip isn't adjusted for maybe mastery as well as pet combat expertise?
    Yea noticed same, ticks for avg 110k :d

Deleted
    Doesnt change a thing. Still this talent is worse then Killer Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Kav View Post
    So am guessing AOTB be the go to talent now for aoe fights in NH, especially if you have the apex ring?

Does this also mean AOTB will be the go to talent for M+ as well?
    It has been since 7.1.5 dropped since Killer Cobra does nothing if you are casting multi-shot rather than cobra shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    Doesnt change a thing. Still this talent is worse then Killer Cobra
    Seems like it makes AOTB better for cleave and KC still pulling ahead for ST.

Deleted
    If ur spamming multi shot on large groups of adds.. why would u kill command anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Snootylol View Post
    If ur spamming multi shot on large groups of adds.. why would u kill command anyway?
    It's not about large groups of adds, but 3-4 targets, where using kill command is still worth using over multishot, if beast cleave ist still up but you don't really have enough focus to use cobra shot for resetting kill command with killer cobra.

Quote Originally Posted by Snootylol View Post
    It's not just that, it's that fights with adds usually those adds are priority targets. Meaning you'll be using BW when the adds are up. And casting multishot.

So Killer Cobra does exactly nothing on fights like that. Whereas AOTB works all the time, not just when BW is up.

Deleted
    Funny enough AMR shows for me that changing from Dire Stable and Killer Cobra to Way of the Cobra and Aspect of the Beast as a 40k DPS increase on the Ursoc sim (AKA ST). Even if it's out of 700k it's still about 6%.

I dig the whole cleave VS ST aspect but if we're cleaving we're fishing for Surge procs. A KC is one less multi-shot, and we're not swimming in that much in focus that we can keep using both, especially on large-ish pulls. Keeping DS instead of WotC lowers AotB to a 2.5% increase which is eeeeh. On one hand less pooling needed, on the other less burst.

The tooltip says 104.3k over 6 seconds. I got 3 hits, which always do exactly 57.6k so even without crits it would do 172k. A single crit is always exactly 115.3k. So assuming a single crit from one of the tics it would be 230.5k extra damage from each KC. Since KC non-crits for 620k that would make each AotB worth a third of a KC.