Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    In this day an age with the knowledge we have today, these people are still religious fanatics. They are willfully ignorant because they enjoy using there ideologies to oppress people and make themselves feel big. There is not any kind of speech or article you can write to them. They are willfully ignorant. They are the kind of people who used to think that if you threw a virgin into the volcano, you would appease the volcano god and keep the volcano from erupting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I know a couple of people who are staunchly anti-abortion and not religious, though they are both quite hardcore vegetarians, which might just be a substitute for religion.

People of all political persuasions have a tendency to only like the facts that support their viewpoint.

Maybe their lives will get better. It is almost guaranteed that some people will benefit under Trump, whether enough do is what will likely decide the next US Presidential election. Trump is a clown, but some of his policies have a degree of merit and the US has the economic power to persuade/bully other nations.
    Hardcore vegetarian? That's a funny thing.

Can you be less hardcore than killing a pig? I kill the pig, but with moderation, he's hardly dead, look, he's almost alive.
    Vegetarians are so hardcore, they do not kill! And they do not kill without moderation!
    They should be more moderate and kill just a bit, or half-kill a pig perhaps.

Also substitute for religion? The bible says it's alright to kill animals, vegetarians respect the freedom of the animals, and you feel like vegetarianism is a substitute for religion?
    Vanilla player since day 1 Europe.
    I think everything should be account-wide.
    Cross-faction grouping for dungeons and raids should be a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natylyaz View Post
    Hardcore vegetarian? That's a funny thing.

Can you be less hardcore than killing a pig? I kill the pig, but with moderation, he's hardly dead, look, he's almost alive.
    Vegetarians are so hardcore, they do not kill! And they do not kill without moderation!
    They should be more moderate and kill just a bit, or half-kill a pig perhaps.
    I think they are bordering on vegan, they don't eat eggs or fish. They drink like fish though.

Also substitute for religion? The bible says it's alright to kill animals, vegetarians respect the freedom of the animals, and you feel like vegetarianism is a substitute for religion?
    Some religions don't have a Bible. You seem to have misunderstood what I said.

They just still dont get it lol, those stupid ass libs just still dont get why theyre dumb broad lost, at this point they will never get it

15+ Year Old Account
    I think they are bordering on vegan, they don't eat eggs or fish. They drink like fish though.

Some religions don't have a Bible. You seem to have misunderstood what I said.
    Veganism should be approached from a scientific aspect, with a critical point of view and a repeatable process.
    Different studies were conducted, and pigs have complex feelings, and therefore have an interest, which vegans choose to respect and do not get in the way of their freedom and their choices.

Religion is about faith, which is broadly accepting without questioning (not necessarily the bible), not exactly a scientific point of view.

10+ Year Old Account
    Veganism should be approached from a scientific aspect, with a critical point of view and a repeatable process.
    Different studies were conducted, and pigs have complex feelings, and therefore have an interest, which vegans choose to respect and do not get in the way of their freedom and their choices.

Religion is about faith, which is broadly accepting without questioning (not necessarily the bible), not exactly a scientific point of view.
    As far as I am aware they just don't like the killing of animals, including unborn humans, not convinced that science has anything to do with it. Can't say I have had any in depth conversations with them about it, I am more interested in their fannies.

To people capable of critical thought and admission of fault with an open mind, this letter makes good sense. Sadly, the author is making the same mistakes that cost liberals the election: they're writing to the wrong audience.

15+ Year Old Account
    As far as I am aware they just don't like the killing of animals, including unborn humans, not convinced that science has anything to do with it. Can't say I have had any in depth conversations with them about it, I am more interested in their fannies.
    Yeah, so many vegans are girls.

About abortion, how I see it:
    - Pro meat/Pro abortion: consistent
    - Pro meat/Anti abortion: hypocrite (a full-grown pig has an interest compare to a foetus completely oblivious to himself, no memory, no realisation of attachment)
    - Anti meat/Pro abortion: consistent (cf above)
    - Anti meat/Anti abortion: consistent

Quote Originally Posted by Kaganfindel View Post
    To people capable of critical thought and admission of fault with an open mind, this letter makes good sense. Sadly, the author is making the same mistakes that cost liberals the election: they're writing to the wrong audience.
    I don't think debate is possible across party lines anymore, this election has made the divide so wide that compromise is no longer possible. The fact is politics is pretty much religion at this point people yelling at each other and no one actually having a conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Yeah pal, ethics are a religion.

They are by definition beliefs. It's easy to equate your fear of immigrants as religious if we base it on your low standards.
    Today I learnt that I fear immigrants. An odd fear that apparently doesn't manifest itself in any way, but thank you for the heads up.

Yeah, so many vegans are girls.

About abortion, how I see it:
    - Pro meat/Pro abortion: consistent
    - Pro meat/Anti abortion: hypocrite (a full-grown pig has an interest compare to a foetus completely oblivious to himself, no memory, no realisation of attachment)
    - Anti meat/Pro abortion: consistent (cf above)
    - Anti meat/Anti abortion: consistent
    They like some meat though

Science is a set of tools to understand reality. It's not an ideology. Very few people apply science to everything. What you're talking about is logic.

Vegans are every bit as illogical as Christians that cherish a newborn's life but sends them off to die in wars when they reach a certain age of their choosing.

Humans are fallible. Newton believed in alchemy and god.
    Last edited by urasim; 2017-02-14 at 03:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

As a libertarian who votes conservative, to win every election from now on, we have to do two things.

1. Continue to let the Democrats talk
    2. Follow the minimum standard of every 3rd world country and require voter IDs

What is possibly the argument that voter ID is bad? I'd like to hear it. Voter ID ensures the integrity of the voting system, no double votes, no illegal votes(you really think no illegals are voting in Cali?), no dead votes, ect. Why is this a bad thing? Because it hurts the liberals.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2017-02-14 at 03:55 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Science is a set of tools to understand reality. It's not an ideology. Very few people apply science to everything. What you're talking about is logic.

Vegans are every bit as illogical as Christians that cherish a newborn's life but sends them off to die in wars when they reach a certain age of their choosing.

How are vegans as illogical as Christians in this case?
    Vegans are not necessarily proponents of an ideology, they choose to let pigs enjoy their freedom because they realise pigs have an interest to stay alive. They do not worship the pigs or kills other humans in the name of the pigs, they advocate a halt to violence towards the pigs (and humans I guess). How is that remotely similar to Christians sending people to die in a war?

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post

Because no Vegan ever goes on that diet for nutritional purposes, right? It HAS to have some underlying ideological meaning. You realize how crazy that sounds, don't you?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    As a libertarian who votes conservative, to win every election from now on, we have to do two things.

What is possibly the argument that voter ID is bad? I'd like to hear it. Voter ID ensures the integrity of the voting system, no double votes, no illegal votes(you really think no illegals are voting in Cali?), no dead votes, ect. Why is this a bad thing? Because it hurts the liberals.
    As a libertarian, you should know that the term "liberal" is terribly incorrect for proponents of a big government, and they are nothing like liberal.
    And as a libertarian, you vote conservative whereas they are enemies of freedom on so many matters? Drugs, marriage, right to work, right to travel, abortion, nudity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post

Voter ID is fine as long as all citizens have access to them. If you have a federally funded system where IDs are given to citizens without fees or additional requirements, I don't think anyone rational would argue with that except on the basis of necessity - as in, it's unclear whether the costs of such a system would be justified according to the prevalence of extant voter fraud.

But given that you're a self-described libertarian, I have a feeling that you won't like that solution anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I was with her right up to the point where she pulled on the wellies and dirty leather gloves and dove right into the typical US trench war. Good job, make an excellent letter addressing the Christian side only to dive into the big fucking bomb of abortion at the end of it. Whoever may have been persuaded by her plea, if they were disagreeing with her on abortion, she's lost them there and then.
    That's the point. All you pro-lifers want children to be born. Not children fed, housed, educated or anything. How do I know? Because you vote for people that don't put tax money in education, or social services or healthcare. You're pro-birth. Pro-children in orphanges. Pro children on the streets.

People that are pro-life really, really need to take a second look at the exact morality of what "pro-life" is. Suddenly killing off a bunch of cells inside a uterus for less than 400$ seems like a less burden than paying 200,000$ of tax payer money for a child from birth to 18.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOut View Post
    Because no Vegan ever goes on that diet for nutritional purposes, right? It HAS to have some underlying ideological meaning. You realize how crazy that sounds, don't you?
    To be fair, 'nutritional purposes' is not a sufficient justification for following such a diet; it's nutritionally incomplete and simply inferior to a variety of other, less restrictive diets even if you completely avoid convenience foods, processed flours and sugars. One would need to be either deluded or ignorant to follow this diet on the claim of nutritional superiority.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOut View Post
    Veganism isn't about just eating. It's about not using any animal product in any aspect of life. I don't care about a random person adopting a vegan diet to lose weight. The real practicing vegans are irrational.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    That's the point. All you pro-lifers want children to be born. Not children fed, housed, educated or anything. How do I know? Because you vote for people that don't put tax money in education, or social services or healthcare. You're pro-birth. Pro-children in orphanges. Pro children on the streets.

People that are pro-life really, really need to take a second look at the exact morality of what "pro-life" is. Suddenly killing off a bunch of cells inside a uterus for less than 400$ seems like a less burden than paying 200,000$ of tax payer money for a child from birth to 18.
    Plus children with unstable living conditions/social safety nets/childhoods are more likely to become criminals. Even just moving through the justice system tacks on enormous costs, not even considering the damage done to society.