Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Neither am I. And no, it's not working. First hand experience on the subject. But by all means, come back and say how it's miraculously working for you (even though it isn't and won't, because it doesn't). But hey, if you go and lie, maybe Blizzard'll see it and beg you to come join their development team for your loyalty! That's the only reason I can imagine people like you lying about shit like that, anyway.
    You clearly ARE just trying to pick a fight, just read what you said.

btw they did change something recently, TargetNearestUseOld is default 1 instead of 0 meaning they're already using the pre 7.0 tab targeting by default now.
    Testing it shows it targets what i'm pointing at and gives preference on targets i'm in combat with over the others. So i'm sorry if you have a problem, but I don't, so why don't you tell me more about that great illuminati plan.

Quote Originally Posted by M4xC4v413r4 View Post
    Yes, look at what I said.

btw they did change something recently, TargetNearestUseOld is default 1 instead of 0 meaning they're already using the pre 7.0 tab targeting by default now.
    Testing it shows it targets what i'm pointing at and gives preference on targets i'm in combat with over the others. So i'm sorry if you have a problem, but I don't, so why don't you tell me more about that great illuminati plan.
    Case in point. "It does work! For totes! Hire me Blizzard, I'm your loyalty liar!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by M4xC4v413r4 View Post

how nice if it works for you.

Clearly people play differently. If you use tab frequenly an extensively because you need to multi-dot, you might get different results then someone who only tabs every now and then. Maybe you stand closer to mobs and not as often at max range. Maybe you turn your character always in the direction you want to target, while others don't.

Based on my own obersations and the observations of dozens of people I regularly run with, tabbing is broken. As a melee, i don#t have a problem with it and only get what in need. But that doesn't mean i would pretend the problem isn't there. Try to get over yourself and accept that even if the current solution works well for you, it doesn't work well for others.

If you think tab targetting works like it should, you should clearly just shut up, because you are wrong.

Tab targeting should only target mobs you are in combat with.

Personally i do not care does it target something in front or behind me, as long as it is a target i am already in combat with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tab targetting has been broken off and on for years. It's always been frustrating but I kinda just accept it for what it is at this point.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |