Question Warlock Destro vs Affli

Hi there guys,

How bad is Destro right now for PVE?

The main reason is because i love Destro animations, its so nice, in other hand affli is so "meh"

I really enjoy doing PVP and PVE at a high level, i undestand that Affli right now is better, but would i be very far behind with Destro?

The good news is, if you don't know or can't figure this out on your own it almost certainly won't change the content you do. If you are just looking at Nighthold affliction is better far more often then it isn't. If you are looking at dungeons destro is closer but as you get higher and higher affliction pulls ahead. Ultimately it depends on what you want to do, without that information you aren't going to get worthwhile feedback.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

IMO, yes. Destro is interruptable and when silenced/locked you are doing no damage. Also, afflict has much better heal/sustain in my experience. I agree it sucks because destro does look much cooler visually but with dots being instant and affliction being so much more mobile it's really tough to choose destro atm unless you want that uphill battle.

Edit: this was obviously Pvp specific. For PvE play whatever you love, all 3 specs are perfectly viable

I am Druid - Play Free Online Games

I've played destro on 17 out of the 20 mythic bosses currently available, and will be playing destro for the next 3.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

It's really not as bad as some people make it out to be. Ofc legendaries/relics/trinkets make a big difference, and sure Affliction pulls the numbers reliably, but I and many others play Destro for mythic NH progression and it's numbers are certainly nothing to scoff at. And you're forgetting the most important thing about Destro and that's it's value to mechanics in raids, as unlike Affliction and Demo, Destro can reliably and very efficiently target switch without ramp up time or DPS loss and burst down targets, which is great on fights like Krosus and Botanist. Affliction and Demo are what they are, heavy ST specs and will always perform the best if your raid group allows you to do that, but I enjoy being valued for what Destro is and that's it's niche with mechanics stated above.

tl;dr Destro's numbers aren't as high as Affliction's, but you are certainly not a burden to the raid if you play it.

Wanna do more dps in less effort? -> go affli
    You don't care about if you end the encounter 3rd or 10th on table // or just like challange? -> play whatever you like