Chinese Gay Hookup App Gets State Sponsored Funding

Chinese gay hookup app Blued gets state sponsored funding
    Blued has attracted more funding from the state owned The Beijing News

In what can be interpreted as move to a more accepting attitude towards LGBTI people, gay app Blued has secured state sponsored funding.
    Blued is one of the biggest gay dating apps in China with 27 million users and 7 million users logging in daily to use the app. Its slogan is ‘enjoy the gay life’.
    The Beijing News a state sponsored newspaper invested 30 million RMB (USD$4.36 million) of strategic funding into Blued.
    It was the second round of funding the Beijing News gave to Blued after it invested the same amount into the company in 2014.
    Chinese ‘pink’ business
    ‘The gay business is a piece of virgin territory in China, and we hope to become a leader of this lucrative market,” said Blued founder Geng Le.
    ‘The substantial spending ability of gays and the funding support we got indicate the strong power of the so-called pink economy.’
    Blued has recorded profits and invested into international markets with its e-commerce, live streaming, gaming healthcare and entertainment services.
    Dating apps are beyond on the reach of Chinese censors who last year released a new set of guidelines which forbid homosexuality and other ‘abnormal sexual relationships and sexual behavior’ to screen on television.
    While things are improving for LGBTI people in China, there is still a long way to go to achieve equality. But people are hopeful the state’s investment into apps like Blued and other LGBTI products show progress is being made.
    http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/c...nsored-funding
    Good news for the LGBT(I) people in China. Looks like China is slowly becomming more liberal and less conservative. But i'm sure there is a long way to go before it reaches EU standards.
    "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference."

Elie Wiesel (1928 – 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    Chinese gay hookup app Blued gets state sponsored funding
    Blued has attracted more funding from the state owned The Beijing News

Good news for the LGBT(I) people in China. Looks like China is slowly becomming more liberal and less conservative. But i'm sure there is a long way to go before it reaches EU standards.

Definitelly good news to Chinese gay population, I am glad Chinese goverment becomes "softer" about this issue...

10+ Year Old Account
    8months since the last post counts as a necro, right? What's the time limit?

Deleted
    I'm a little confused... Why is the government funding a Gay hook-up ap

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    8months since the last post counts as a necro, right? What's the time limit?
    Didn't take atention to date, sorry, was just browsing arround forum, now I see that post is 8 months old ...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    China is tradional and very rigid according to this issue (homosexuality) and those are good news since they want to change that and give people more human rights, I suppose it is about that....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madMax24 View Post
    Definitelly good news to Chinese gay population, I am glad Chinese goverment becomes "softer" about this issue...
    Their reason behind it probably has to do with China's overpopulation. They probably assume giving the LBGTQ community a helping hand might help into leveling it out.

I assume.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

The CPC prolly wants acces to the info of the users.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    Good news for the LGBT(I) people in China.
    What's the (I)?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    What's the (I)?
    Some new craze probably

Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    The CPC prolly wants acces to the info of the users.
    yeah i would be worried all this is is to help build a database of volunteered information that they'll be able to come down on later.

7+ Year Old Account
    i think the (I) is a snowflake designation, snowflake is its own gender now......
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    What's the (I)?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersex

Deleted
    Most just say LBGT+ because we now know how ridiculous it is

10+ Year Old Account
    Obvious necro is obvious

anyway OT

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Beyond the fact that homosexuality has become far more acceptable in society... pretty sure the Male to Female ratio is pretty abyssmal in china

10+ Year Old Account
    thread was necro'd

closing