Thread: Cenarion Ward

10+ Year Old Account

Cenarion Ward

I started to roll Cenarion ward more recently and I'm wondering about the most effective use of it. Is it something you use on cooldown for example? Should you treat it more like a cd that you use to try and anticipate tank dmg or even after?
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I started to roll Cenarion ward more recently and I'm wondering about the most effective use of it. Is it something you use on cooldown for example? Should you treat it more like a cd that you use to try and anticipate tank dmg or even after?
    During high Mythic+ runs I use it on cooldown, the heal doesn't start until the shield pops so you want to have it on the tank well before he takes damage, this way CW will be ready to cast again before the heal has even expired allowing you to chain CW together if required. CW only gets better if you have Edraith, Bonds of Aglaya.

In raids I just cast it on the tank taking the most damage every time its up.

Quote Originally Posted by ArnoldsDad View Post
    During high Mythic+ runs I use it on cooldown, the heal doesn't start until the shield pops so you want to have it on the tank well before he takes damage, this way CW will be ready to cast again before the heal has even expired allowing you to chain CW together if required. CW only gets better if you have Edraith, Bonds of Aglaya.

In raids I just cast it on the tank taking the most damage every time its up.
    I would use it "more" like a cd. But still pretty much on cd. My own subjektiv rule is "if i know dmg or something will come in less than 10 seconds 1 wait" if not if the tank gets dmg on with it.
    I delay it sometimes a bit to get it together with flourish.

But there is no real solution for all situations.

I always wondered why is this talents used so often, I prefer abundance in M+ and prosperity+SOTV in certain NH normal/heroic encounters depending on the amount/type of healers in my group. I find abundance really good in M+ for both regrowth crit increase and healing touch cd, helps alot with spike aoe dmg when ghannir/tranq is not an option.

Quote Originally Posted by groparu View Post
    I always wondered why is this talents used so often, I prefer abundance in M+ and prosperity+SOTV in certain NH normal/heroic encounters depending on the amount/type of healers in my group. I find abundance really good in M+ for both regrowth crit increase and healing touch cd, helps alot with spike aoe dmg when ghannir/tranq is not an option.
    Because its cheap, strong and versatile. And regrowth is still available. CW + normal regrowth > abundance-regrowth (just an asumption not a fact). Depends on how long the spike dmg is there etc.

For raids the sotf playstyle has the draweback of not having cw or abundance (while prosperity isnt really strong on its own) and still loose Swiftmen as an "emergency" heal.(because you have to use it rotational)
    Also in progress cultivation is really strong and doesnt cost you anything.
    Of course when you overheal it prosperity/sotf should be a competitve playstyle but then it doesnt matter much.

Personal playstyle and preference are important factors too. But in general cw/cultivation/x/x seems to be the stronger and more versatile choice.

In raids I only pair swiftmend with WG and it's true sometimes an emergency swiftmend is required but since the SOTF buffs lasts a little bit I can delay the WG if I previously blanketed rejuvs. Cultivation is good but it's especially lucrative with germination aswell in my opinion, since I got the tranquility boots( yea also got the LB belt and the chest buffing ysera and the rest+ prydaz and since i got no worthwhile pair of boots) I tend to go for inner peace at certain bosses especially if there are others druids in group specced into cultivation/germination.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tend to stick to inner peace but i can see fights spring blossoms might be better. With the 2 piece bonus they seem to really be pushing mastery. Blossoms is just another benefit for mastery.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I tend to stick to inner peace but i can see fights spring blossoms might be better. With the 2 piece bonus they seem to really be pushing mastery. Blossoms is just another benefit for mastery.
    Well especially in NH, spring blossoms is good (or at worst even with IP) on nearly every boss with the exceptions of Elisandre and Guldan where is IP stronger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Well especially in NH, spring blossoms is good (or at worst even with IP) on nearly every boss with the exceptions of Elisandre and Guldan where is IP stronger.
    Again it depends. I can almost always find a use for mkre tranqs. Depending on raid make up and how your guild handles bosses spring blossoms may make more or less sense. SB makes total sense on say krosus cause ranged is almost basically always stacked. I can still get pretty good.juice out of ip on that fight though. On the hand ive found SB doesnt make as much sense on tich for example too many peoples spreaf across the room. Get more juicenout of tranq for sure.
    The hammer comes down:

In raids I only pair swiftmend with WG and it's true sometimes an emergency swiftmend is required but since the SOTF buffs lasts a little bit I can delay the WG if I previously blanketed rejuvs.
    But you can't save Swiftmend for when someone actually needs it if you run SotF. You pretty much have to use it on cooldown to get good use out of SotF, which means you're completely reliant on other healers to do your share of the spot healing. And SotF just isn't strong enough to justify that.

Cultivation is good but it's especially lucrative with germination aswell in my opinion...
    It shouldn't make any difference. As long as you have one Rejuvenation on the target, it can proc Cultivation and you get your healing. Keep in mind when looking at Cultivation numbers that it also adds mastery and boosts the Rejuvenation (and any WG/SB). The only difference that Germination makes is that you can add another HoT onto that mastery party, but that's rarely useful in raids.

SB is a bit situational, as you say, but it's useful on almost every fight. It depends on raid size, though - with 20 people, you should be able to have enough melee inside Efflorescence to justify using SB on Tichondrius too. With 10 people, it's really only meaningful on highly stacked fights like Skorpyron and Krosus.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

You generally want to use CW on near CD, as long as there is something meaningful to heal (and there is 90%+ of the time). I also like to pre-cast it with at least 10 seconds on the pull timer so that it can proc as soon as a tank starts taking damage, as well as start recharging the CD before you even pull the boss.

SoTF just doesn't really work very well on Mythic encounters - it's not enough flexibility, locks you into taking an inferior talent (Prosperity vs Cenarion Ward) if you want any flexibility with it, and just doesn't generally line up well with most damage patterns. It looks strong on paper, but is pretty terrible in practice. Plus, stuff like 4 piece, Tearstone of Elune, etc. just pushes Cultivation further ahead. It's been pretty close to the 100% default talent since at least 7.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    You generally want to use CW on near CD, as long as there is something meaningful to heal (and there is 90%+ of the time). I also like to pre-cast it with at least 10 seconds on the pull timer so that it can proc as soon as a tank starts taking damage, as well as start recharging the CD before you even pull the boss.

SoTF just doesn't really work very well on Mythic encounters - it's not enough flexibility, locks you into taking an inferior talent (Prosperity vs Cenarion Ward) if you want any flexibility with it, and just doesn't generally line up well with most damage patterns. It looks strong on paper, but is pretty terrible in practice. Plus, stuff like 4 piece, Tearstone of Elune, etc. just pushes Cultivation further ahead. It's been pretty close to the 100% default talent since at least 7.1.
    Hehe I get what you are saying but I for example don't raid mythic NH yet and missing tearstone ring and also would have to downgrade on 2 items in order to get 4pc bonus , my current legs are tranquil boots and prydaz. In the end, the talents chosen, really depends alot on the raid size and healing classes involved and if either the raid is organized or PuG.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the Legendary bracers. So I use CW pretty much on CD (or try to) on the active tank. I use Swiftmend to extend it along with 3 other hots on tank.
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Raids, I use it on cooldown, including a good to 10-25 before pull if possible as this earn you an extra CW and its up there for pretty high healing. Always try and getting it renewed by Flourish, if it means waiting an extra 10 seconds, due so, that'll even out anyways.

During raids, i'm basically casting it on the tank 24/7, whoever I have more HoTs rolling on (main tanking i assume) this way mastery helps every little bit and you improve your HPS.

5 Man, it maybe a 50/50 60/40 split in terms of putting it on melee dps. I'll prehot as it last 30 seconds before the player tanks dmg, so I will prehot my tank, and then toss CW on my melee dps and maybe a rejuv if i think he'll take hit 100%

but yeah, like most cool downs, you want to burn them as soon as they pop unless you are 100% sure it will just overheal

Its simple, use CW on CD. Pop it on tank before pull, so CD already starts. If u have the leg bracers, CW is a must. Pop SM when CW starts to tick. U will also have 2x rejuv and LB, maybe a RG on tank to extend with SM. If u wanna use flourish with it thats great too, so u can forget about the tank and concentrate on the group.
    If u like abundance and spamming HT, go play pally.
    Last edited by Wild; 2017-02-19 at 10:05 AM.

Like others have mentioned, the hot portion of Cenarion Ward is very strong when paired with Swiftmend and legendary bracers.

Its hard to see that specific hot, so I highly suggest getting a Weak Aura to track it, so you know when to swiftmend so you don't waste it.

This is the weak Aura I use. It pops up as soon as the hot portion starts ticking, and says the name of the tank. Highly recommended.
    dOthfaGljYRHkntfsZvHYSfCtOqFMsUTs6YuTtjTx0Uj1(vi(PsPHjf)MKhRIHcf1GvcgoHoOsXFvWXKW5KsPfsqlf kyXey5Q6HqjpfSmPKNdzIkHMQunzfnDrxKsvxfk1ZuQ66cTrfQ2kLkzZQKTtPCAI(QuQAAqvFxkfBtjQtcvmALiJxI 6suQu3IsfxtPY5vPghuKVjLkhMIzb7ewjmjmzNqe5)WnRneIi)hkZAdHl17wVkQNyPcQNDwlyTG1wSwW6EwlyfpRfm jmDKjJVjDHMdUwVkQNuabZjL28(lTS8hJQPZAdbbMdUwVkQNBVUqEYAlccmhCTEvupXsfup7SwWAtPDS2I1Ms7yDpR nL2XkEwBkTJjbxp3OTcoR7xUHqe5DLkKsrkGWrPctvB0uiH8Lww(ZobKOhc4mju00A)UweMX3KsLMaMiK3Iob3MRtc OOa3MRtiEDjltyyd2yyZWgmJ5rXX(fje1UnxNes5QpjOnRobSCT5Lk9il0EZpj42CDsal1QatoYcJQSier(as0dbCM uiHiYhqQ4FCS1YKcjyIVPFl6eeI94JtiI8HPJsS1YKciGuX)4yRLjbXG52FcrKpyIVPFl6uitcNxjouM1Ms4li8Q0K sLM1gc64A)Lww(JyTGWsU0APK1LBimDKjJVj9XvVB9QOEsbeckZKDcPj46KDciP2k4S2IWAmKs2zYKas0pStaj1wbN v8mjer(as0puiHiYhstW1jfsiI8HtWGquiHxfC2jSgdPKDMmjmLxxYtmK3Styngsj7mzsq0MyAcUozNWAmKs2zYKWj yqi2jGKARGtyrmGnolYKWL5KsLMDcRXqkzNjtcV54Styngsj7mzYKW5vId3S2ucFbH2iN5sSUCdbbMdUwVkQNDVCgF Nq3lNX3rJbIEiS5KsBMuQ0BT5FWCJgZ(tqkI8biQjmLiXG5gsZbxeb7E6OSAwDcxQ3TEvup7E5m(oHUxoJVJgde9qy ZjL2mPuP3AZ)G5gnM9NGue5dqutWeexYWAbHv5)QNciyMtzkvAtyiFPLL)i2zs4DlPs3VfDcYJstqqW1tmQMobHJAF DrcNxjYAtj8feqP5ZnARGZAdbPwMdh1QyWtFYAbHJAv8DeIciiNeWY1MxQ0JSq7n)CKfArO82RlKNSANIDyIW92RlK NCC7GhtTBFZ(2vGhFBl212Ll4LDWJNaYS6DVCgFNcjOEPRttkvAc2L9yOJdwBgLWuIedMBCoknbcO0CWfHzLuNeeUT 33IrMeqeAvAFPMsneSXAb(wfmjb

Personally, I don't find it hard to see. The buff and hot have different spellids, so it's easy to display them differently in raidframes. Mine is a light blue square for the buff, which is replaced by a dark blue square for the hot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grenor View Post
    Personally, I don't find it hard to see. The buff and hot have different spellids, so it's easy to display them differently in raidframes. Mine is a light blue square for the buff, which is replaced by a dark blue square for the hot.
    Indeed. I have mine as a grey box once it's just waiting to proc, and once it starts healing it will be light blue.

But I do see the use for the WeakAura, if people haven't optimized their frames for HoT tracking.

Quote Originally Posted by seba2632 View Post
    But I do see the use for the WeakAura, if people haven't optimized their frames for HoT tracking.
    Considering that you don't really ever have more than one CW up at the same time, it doesn't really matter if it's on the frames or a separate icon.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.