Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    yes they should, im main lock and i pass the loot for our dh and sp because they do way more damage than a lock can do beside some specfic fight.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I do not follow the logic. Being luckier with RNG gods doesn't make one the best player.
    And being the lowest dps doesn't mean you deserve the best loot. Your logic doesn't make any more sense than the other. Maybe you're not doing so hot because your missing that trinket or tier piece that's going to provide you a massive increase or maybe you're just straight bad.

It's all situational. Being the highest dps may not mean you're the best and being the lowest may not mean you just need gear.

I've been raiding in a friend's guild these last few weeks and while my ilvl is much lower and my luck is pretty shit I still manage to be one of the top few dps on fights. Difference being when you look at parses against similar ilvl I trump that percentile every single time. I'm arguably one of the best players in that raid group and if I had the same ilvl and luck with optimized gear as half of them then it would show even more so conisidering I'm 884 with no NH trinkets, mediocre relics, and no 4pc and the few people competing with me are ~900ilvl with their 4pc and at least most of their trinkets/relics.

Meanwhile there are a few people in that same raid group doing half the damage and dying to most mechanics. There's no reason why they should get my BiS just because it provides a small increase to them and they need help carrying their lack of skill (even though they do because they're not very serious in progression but if they were then we'd be having a different discussion but I know what I signed up for). Giving me the pieces I desperately need would undoubtedly provide a much bigger increase to the raid wise dps and help kill the bosses they struggle with. Giving that piece to someone who is lowest dps because they can't survive the fel beams on Krosus or the beam on Trilliax or just plain isn't playing their class properly isn't helping anybody.

And being a good asset to your raid group means dying to boss fights and making mistakes is a rare occurrence so trying to argue that "if you die you might as well wipe the boss if you're the one getting the loot" is a pretty shitty argument to hold. If your best players are dying then it's likely that the group is wiping as it is.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2017-02-16 at 05:41 PM.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

15+ Year Old Account
    I know we had a case on Mannaroth where Arcane mages got prio on the Prophecy of fear over other classes but dont know if that same thing should be applied to Draught but in the end if people are willing to see that something is better for some other class and are willing to pass that would be good.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2017-02-16 at 05:53 PM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I do not follow the logic. Being luckier with RNG gods doesn't make one the best player.
    Yeah, the difference between me and other top tier warriors is their RNG luck.

I can't even…

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatsujin View Post
    So for arms it is 10% damage for Season Warrior
    99% damage from CS (what I have
    20% damage from Avatar

That 15% from the level 54 artifact weapon is already factored in DoS's damage, would we count that towards it?

And anything else I missed on this?
    100% crit chance from BC. For Fury, mine does ~9.71m last I checked, while for Arms it does ~10.5m or so.

If your guild passes out loot according to who it benefits the most, it'll always go to the warrior because no one else gets more out of it.

If you have other factors though, you need to consider them. Maybe you don't have a warrior good enough to be in for progression. Maybe your warrior is a trial v a veteran.

And some guilds just do straight /roll or EPGP for gear.

But if the only question is "should warriors get priority" I'm assuming it is a question about whom it is best for. And the answer is warriors.
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2017-02-17 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    100% crit chance from BC. For Fury, mine does ~9.71m last I checked, while for Arms it does ~10.5m or so.

If your guild passes out loot according to who it benefits the most, it'll always go to the warrior because no one else gets more out of it.

If you have other factors though, you need to consider them. Maybe you don't have a warrior good enough to be in for progression. Maybe your warrior is a trial v a veteran.

And some guilds just do straight /roll or EPGP for gear.

But if the only question is "should warriors get priority" I'm assuming it is a question about whom it is best for. And the answer is warriors.
    Me and another warrior in the guild both are top-notch. I already got the regular version, we haven't seen it yet to drop on normal or heroic.

Deleted
    If they should is up to each and every guild. Our guild has pretty strict looting rules based on attendance, however for specific trinkets we go on a case-by-case thing. We will give out our Draughts to Warriors -> UH DK -> Sin rogue -> Everyone else

Yes because it gives warriors the most damage increase hence the group more damage. This is important during progress, plus its not like the trinket will never drop again. If any other class says he deserves it because he is more skilled or raids the same hours he should probobly join a guild with PL only or shut the fuck up and accept that giving the trinket to a warrior will make the raid group stronger.

Yes, obviously.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    No,

Context

I raid the same hours as you, we were both there for the kill, why should you get priority over me?

The only way someone should have priority is if it's a massive upgrade for you, and only a small marginal upgrade for me. If its massive for both of us, then tough shit really,

If you're using a DKP or EPGP system and you have more points, then fine,
    LOL. That's not how it works in Mythic guilds who actually give a shit about their progress. If the OP is in Normal/Heroic guild, then sure whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Yes, obviously.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL. That's not how it works in Mythic guilds who actually give a shit about their progress. If the OP is in Normal/Heroic guild, then sure whatever.
    Just out of interest, did you just decide to laugh at me after reading the first comment? or did you actually see my second one saying mythic progress / server / world firsts / The bit I said personally, if it was me I would actually give it to warrior and then decide to totally ignore to come across as a smug arse?

The amount of comments you get on the trinket if you run some 5 man content or guildies are looking your combat log...becomes quite annoying
    It all sums up to "that trinket is op" etc etc.
    Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm".
    And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."
    Noctus <Darkblade>