Trinket question (between 2 trinkets) Balance

I main balance druid, 898 equipped, and I've been semi-unlucky when it comes to legendaries, but I got the legendary dps trinket just now. It's one of my two best legendaries I own, and I'm going to use it. I have a question though. I mostly do alot of m+, but I also do my weekly raid clears through heroic NH and others. I have an 885 Erratic Metronome (1794 int, 694x5 haste), and and 895 Ethereal Urn (1968 int, 1158 mastery)

I'm questioning which of these to replace. In my head, I'm imagining I should keep the metronome. My stats are well balanced, but I'm just not sure if the extra int on the urn is worth using over the metronome. Any guidance would be appreciated. My characters name is Quickshiftz on Darkspear US.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlucia View Post
    I main balance druid, 898 equipped, and I've been semi-unlucky when it comes to legendaries, but I got the legendary dps trinket just now. It's one of my two best legendaries I own, and I'm going to use it. I have a question though. I mostly do alot of m+, but I also do my weekly raid clears through heroic NH and others. I have an 885 Erratic Metronome (1794 int, 694x5 haste), and and 895 Ethereal Urn (1968 int, 1158 mastery)

I'm questioning which of these to replace. In my head, I'm imagining I should keep the metronome. My stats are well balanced, but I'm just not sure if the extra int on the urn is worth using over the metronome. Any guidance would be appreciated. My characters name is Quickshiftz on Darkspear US.
    Gut instinct says to take the Metronome if you are doing the AoE build especially as the haste should scale very well on our DoTs / Starfall etc - I run at the moment with Erratic Metronome + the Gul'dan trinket, so my haste variance is quite high but overall my AoE dps benefits without it hitting rotation too hard.

If in doubt though, try simulating with various numbers of targets to check against a single-target boss + against AoE for M+ trash

That's what I was thinking too. The haste proc is really nice, and up more often than not, and even at 2 stacks, it's over 1300 haste. I also took into account the KJ trinket gives something like 456 crit haste and mastery along with the ~3k int.

Urn 895 and Erratic 885 are really close, according to Gebuz trinket list.
    When you get nice procs on Erratic it will be ahead, and when you don't, Urn will be ahead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would use Erratic. It has been quite reliable in the procs for me. (Currently running Urn 890+895 Erratic)

Only difference would be if there is a few sections of a fight with very crucial add-DPS where depending on the haste proc is hurting more than having the flat int+mastery from Urn, like Hoto said.

Yeah, that's why I wanted people experience with the two. It's a tough choice. If the urn was 885 as well, I'd be pretty clear on my choice, but.. I like metronome, and I think I may stick to it over urn. I feel it's overall more useful, but those spare moments, where I need the damage, and I have no stacks, urn would have been better.

In my sims (so doesnt really reply to you but just to add more info) metronom is a little better than a haste-statstick of the same ilvl.
    Since 7.1.5 haste and mastery are becoming really close --> so a 895 urn should be a little bit better than an 885 metronom
    But the difference should be really small. Personally i would take urn because proccs arent as reliable and you can be lucky and unlucky. And more ilvl looks nicer

Considering Mastery is very good for AoE, especially fast dying adds, wouldn't the urn be better for fights like Skorp and Starcaller? For the rest of the bosses, I'd use metronome.
    Also for m+, imho Urn.