Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Actually the Broken Isles Dalaran is an exact copy. They copied it from the top of Karazan during the pre patch. No changes were made to it, it's the exact same.

It's just lazy blizz being lazy blizz. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Merenhuiske View Post
    The place where you could go through walls in old Dalaran is still there in new Dalaran, and this has been since WotLK. They just remade them into 2017 graphics. https://youtu.be/-GRxl6T4RIE?t=86
    And? Still new graphics not just copy/pasted also do you have proof you can still do this? This is a wotlk video not legion

I can't believe there's still people that care about this.

I really want to call a mod All of this flame is really sad.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SammyCat203 View Post
    Actually the Broken Isles Dalaran is an exact copy. They copied it from the top of Karazan during the pre patch. No changes were made to it, it's the exact same.

It's just lazy blizz being lazy blizz. /s
    Um, Dalaran was remade for Legion/patch 7.0. The one on top of Karazhan during the pre-patch was there for lore reasons. It IS the Legion Dalaran. You realize the pre-patch is Legion right?

To be fair here, Thunder Totem IS a capital, it's just not our capital. It's the capital for the defenders of Highmountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Louie De Palma View Post
    Uhm, are you serious? Show me one that wasn't.
    The giant tower in the center of dalaran that we never got any explanation on how it got there?
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

having its own map isn't exactly special. but having its own general means it was likely intended for more than it is at the very least.

not even suramar city itself has its own general chat. i can't think of a reason for there to be a special general only for thundertotem.

10+ Year Old Account
    You cannot be serious. Thunder Totem as a capital would have been absolutely awful. I see no point in the decision making process that Thunder Totem would have ever been considered to be a Capital.

It's like "Dalaran is up there, but we're making Thunder totem the capital of Legion because reasons." You think people being mad about Karabor and Bladespire was bad? For fucks sake imagine what would happen if you took Dalaran away from them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    I can't believe there's still people that care about this.
    Here's to (you)

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Lots of caverns have their own map too
    Caverns of Time should be the new capital because it has a Map and there is a lot of space!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    You cannot be serious. Thunder Totem as a capital would have been absolutely awful. I see no point in the decision making process that Thunder Totem would have ever been considered to be a Capital.
    You obviously have an irrational hatred for Tauren. I personally would've loved a Tauren capital. When else would there have been a chance for a Tauren capital, besides Vanilla?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    It's like "Dalaran is up there, but we're making Thunder totem the capital of Legion because reasons." You think people being mad about Karabor and Bladespire was bad? For fucks sake imagine what would happen if you took Dalaran away from them.
    No, you got it completely backwards. Dalaran is up there, because they were lazy and wanted to reuse Dalaran. There's really no reason why Dalaran has to be there. It's just laziness and nostalgia-pandering.
    Last edited by mmocdf92b69352; 2017-04-17 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Um, Dalaran was remade for Legion/patch 7.0. The one on top of Karazhan during the pre-patch was there for lore reasons. It IS the Legion Dalaran. You realize the pre-patch is Legion right?
    That was a joke, obviously. The fact that I have to tell you it's a joke saddens me slightly. I even ended it with "/s" to imply sarcasm.

Well Im glad it isnt, not a big fan of Thunder Totem, pretty corny imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    You obviously have an irrational hatred for Tauren. I personally would've loved a Tauren capital. When else would there have been a chance for a Tauren capital, besides Vanilla?

No, you got it completely backwards. Dalaran is up there, because they were lazy and wanted to reuse Dalaran. There's really no reason why Dalaran has to be there. It's just laziness and nostalgia-pandering.
    I'm not going to argue it's not laziness and nostalgia pandering. Because it could be. But they could have come up with another city. Like Khadgar could have risen up another Shal'dorei ruin that was on a sunken island in response to Gul'dan's raising of the Tomb of Sargeras. But Dalaran is actually plot relevant. A flying fortress. Why wouldn't you use that?

I had always hoped that after the Nighthold we could move our capital into a pacified Suramar City.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    I had always hoped that after the Nighthold we could move our capital into a pacified Suramar City.
    that would be wonderful.

Not only does Thunder Totem have its own city map, it also has its own general chat. It has enough room to have all the city functionalities and is central to the Broken Isles.

Then they realized that it required work to make it a true capital, so, lazy as they are, they literally copypasted Dalaran over to the Broken Isles instead.
    Well, maybe. However, Thunder Totem doesn't really look at all that interesting. Granted, they could have done better than a copy / paste of Dalaran.

In beta it even had trade chat

In terms of early design, I would assert that this proposition is correct. However, with that being said, if Blizzard had balls, they would have destroyed Dalaran - via a Legion invasion - during the release of 7.2, and by doing so, relocated the capital to a section of Suramar.

Dalaran wasn't completely redone. If it was, it would look completely different from the old Dalaran. There are minor changes there, nothing more. Yeah that's lazy, you genius.

I see the fanboi brigade has already arrived.
    Dalaran looking completely different would no longer be Dalaran. What's wrong with you?