Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The T20 BM bonuses look.. boring.

I know they're still subject to change, but the current iteration just looks, eh.

I'd rather have something that alters the gameplay, not just "here have some more damage".

honestly I love what they did with the BM t19 4set cause it made the spec a bit more hectic. new set looks blegh

Seems to follow how the spec plays...

Deleted
    Holy shit those bonuses are bad. They may bring the numbers, but the rotation right now is awesome with a lot less pooling and a lot more button pressing. They'll have to nerf T19 to take it away from my cold dead hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks really strong to me.
    Would be cool using 2p 19 + 4p 20 ? lol with leg belt + boots/apex/trinket

All 3 specs look lackluster in some terms. BM is a straight damage benefit with no change to how the spec plays. MM seems to focus on how Blizz wants you to play the spec and will destroy the current build a lot of MM Hunters are using for NH, while increasing the focus to ST. SV seems to prioritize Lacerated usage, which might destroy WotMN builds, as it looks to prioritize Lacerate>FS>MB spam while spending focus on maintaining Lacerate as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    All 3 specs look lackluster in some terms. BM is a straight damage benefit with no change to how the spec plays. MM seems to focus on how Blizz wants you to play the spec and will destroy the current build a lot of MM Hunters are using for NH, while increasing the focus to ST. SV seems to prioritize Lacerated usage, which might destroy WotMN builds, as it looks to prioritize Lacerate>FS>MB spam while spending focus on maintaining Lacerate as much as possible.
    For MM and SV its silly because Blizzard alienates certain talent choices but no doubt will nerf those talents that are picked often due to this set bonus. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

For BM, its decent because its a straight up damage increase, and it doesn't destroy any of the current talent builds. It may seem lackluster but at least they aren't ruining anything with it, and no oversight occurred.

Sad thing is they will have to go to a diminishing returns format on previous tier (the current one) or make the new tier 3/6 bonuses to keep people who got lucky with 920 loot from utilizing a 2p previous with 4p current tier. Or just increase ilvls to a point where NH loot is roughly 50+ ilvls behind. Things like this have happened in the past with using 2p/2p for certain classes, but nothing where we will potentially have 3 tier bonuses going at the same time, which I am sure for some specs will be OP beyond belief when legendary items, new relics, and new traits are brought in.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Sad thing is they will have to go to a diminishing returns format on previous tier (the current one) or make the new tier 3/6 bonuses to keep people who got lucky with 920 loot from utilizing a 2p previous with 4p current tier. Or just increase ilvls to a point where NH loot is roughly 50+ ilvls behind. Things like this have happened in the past with using 2p/2p for certain classes, but nothing where we will potentially have 3 tier bonuses going at the same time, which I am sure for some specs will be OP beyond belief when legendary items, new relics, and new traits are brought in.
    They increased EN/TOV TF ability. They will do so for NH to artificially extend content

Much rather have a straight damage increase than something that alters how a spec is played. Mainly because they seem to almost be going out of their way to wreck Hunters this expansion. I am much happier after having given up on MM and am very happy with the T20 bonus for BM. Stampede requiring the 2+ targets to stand still for 12 seconds is a crapshoot, and the T20 bonus seems like it will make it so we won't even mess with it. If they can get BM to not be Focus starved without the shoulders, it would pretty much be perfect.

On one hand i'm kind of happy they didn't change up the playstyle, on the other the bonuses are pretty boring.

They are however, in their current state, very strong and the loss of tier19 will make the Mantle legendary even more powerful because of the loss in uptime of BW from dropping tier19.
    Last edited by Khrux; 2017-02-16 at 09:43 AM.

Blizzard makes specs with a very huge variety of difficulty. You chose to play the absolutely easiest spec in the entire game. Then you are surprised they keep it easy in the T20 set bonuses?

If you wanted complexity you would not play BM.

Deleted
    Mantle of Command is all you need to make the spec a bit more interesting. Mantle + OwtP + 4 piece is a bit too hectic and you're capping focus too often.

Only MM seems pretty solid.
    2pc t19 and 2pc t20 look pretty neat

maybe 4pc t20 and 2pc t19 could be a thing if the 4pc t20 is BETTER than the cos/arc

BM otherwise im quite sure is a PH because i dont get how "+1.5% BW DMG" can be a bonus

I'm just assuming that the tool tip is incomplete and the 2 piece is a stacking buff per shot/KC.

Deleted
    This will just put even more emphasis on dmg in BW.. which is going to push the shoulders/belt even further ahead of the other legendaries..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Mantle of Command is all you need to make the spec a bit more interesting. Mantle + OwtP + 4 piece is a bit too hectic and you're capping focus too often.
    Oh boohoo, I cap focus often as BM. Just be happy you got the shoulders man. The spec feels incomplete without them.

seems like the 2pc is stacking for each one.

Tell me about it. My simcraft is showing OwTP and DS as top single target DPS, yet thats when a robot is perfectly playing it maximizing the uptime of BW and not focus capping or intentionally focus capping for certain things. I never thought BM could get hectic, but yea having those Shoulders and 4PC with that talent set up is crazy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiite View Post

Oh boohoo, I cap focus often as BM. Just be happy you got the shoulders man. The spec feels incomplete without them.
    Your childish behavior doesn't change actual gameplay, which I'd much rather discuss than your emotional state.

Deleted
    Your childish behavior doesn't change actual gameplay, which I'd much rather discuss than your emotional state.
    You didnt really discuss gameplay in your original post. You just bragged about having the shoulders. I merely responded in a similar tone.

But, yeah, congrats on the shoulders. Bet they do wonders for DPS, enjoyment of the specc and fluidity of the rotation.