Question Faction Leaders Classification

Hello people, just wondering why the faction leaders are not classified as Bosses but they're mere Elites with a ton of health. Is there any reason why Blizz didn't just give them the world boss tag like Sha of Fear or something like that? Faction leaders are by far much more powerful than a mere "Elite"... that's for guards and strong quest foes but for me makes no sense in faction leaders.

Leaders are bosses. If you see an instance of a leader that's not marked as a boss, it's an oversight for whatever quest area that instance is for. The "official" instances that are needed for the PVP achievements are bosses.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Leaders are bosses. If you see an instance of a leader that's not marked as a boss, it's an oversight for whatever quest area that instance is for. The "official" instances that are needed for the PVP achievements are bosses.
    So enemy leader factions are seen by the player as Bosses and not just Elites? Cause I'm standing right now in front of a friendly faction leader and it shows a Elite tag with a ?? level tag which means he's just an Elite with over +10 levels beyond any cap level player. Why not just slap a World Boss tag on all of them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Link Sunstrider View Post
    So enemy leader factions are seen by the player as Bosses and not just Elites? Cause I'm standing right now in front of a friendly faction leader and it shows a Elite tag with a ?? level tag which means he's just an Elite with over +10 levels beyond any cap level player.
    That's also how bosses show up though

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    That's also how bosses show up though
    With the ?? level tag?... is rather confusing considering that a level 30 a player will see a ?? level tag on any enemy NPC with 10 levels more than the player and that doesn't mean the NPC is a boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Shouldn´t the classification go something like:

- World-Raid Boss/Faction Leaders
    - Elites
    - Rare Elites
    - Rare
    - Normal
    - Trivial

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Link Sunstrider View Post
    With the ?? level tag?... is rather confusing considering that a level 30 a player will see a ?? level tag on any enemy NPC with 10 levels more than the player and that doesn't mean the NPC is a boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Shouldn´t the classification go something like:

- World-Raid Boss/Faction Leaders
    - Elites
    - Rare Elites
    - Rare
    - Normal
    - Trivial
    The classification right now goes:

Elite
    (rare)
    normal elite

Bosses are simply scaled to always be 3 levels above you, and are given ?? or skulls to represent their level

Hmm I see... so Bosses are not a classification itself... is just that I'm putting together a UI and getting these classifications to show up correctly can be rather messy cause now I'm used to see it as I've listed before... so I'll have to iterate on how this.

Also having an Elite tag and then a "normal" Elite.. is redundant imo