Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Question True Love vs Your Dream Job?

You can only pick one.

I personally have too many goals that I want to achieve in life that simple out way love in my view. I want to learn classical dances such as the Salsa, Tango, Merengue, Waltz, etc. I also want to learn a second language, spend some time living in different cultures, get really in shape, run a marathon, learn to play the piano, lean more math and science, make lots of money, fix a project car, buy a house, etc. The world is just too big with too many things to do, so love takes a second place for me.

Deleted
    Dream job, both would be better though!

What do any of the hobbies you're interested in have to do with your "dream job." Is your dream job being a millionaire and letting you do whatever you want? Because I'd take that over love. Not that that's a job.

I'm in love, nothing else matters, I could be living in a cardboard box and I wouldn't care.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

What if one of your requirements for a "true love" is to be so rich that you can do whatever you want the rest of your life? You can most likely still do the thing you love about your dream job, but without the "job" part.

True love. I could handle having a job second to my dream job.

already have my dream job. love

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tronald Dump View Post
    Dream job, both would be better though!
    People say that both is possible, but I honestly think it is bullshit. People only have 100% of time to use, and that is either spent on one thing or the other. Splitting time 50/50 would just be half assing both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have both already -- No need to make a decision.

I'll keep my true love. I can do many different types of jobs, it doesn't have to be "dream job". I don't even know what dream job for me would be, because job for me is just means for putting food on a table.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Dream job.

Then I can buy all the true love I need for £500 a night.

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    You can only pick one.

I personally have too many goals that I want to achieve in life that simple out way love in my view. I want to learn classical dances such as the Salsa, Tango, Merengue, Waltz, etc. I also want to learn a second language, spend some time living in different cultures, get really in shape, run a marathon, learn to play the piano, lean more math and science, make lots of money, fix a project car, buy a house, etc. The world is just too big with too many things to do, so love takes a second place for me.
    There is no such thing as true love and a dream job, they are both idealized things we like to fantasize about. With that being said though, I'd chose true love because life is just sweeter when you can share things with someone special and I don't really have a "dream job" in mind, more like different things I'd like to do in a certain field.

In 2004, I told my wife I was thinking about accepting a job offer in Shanghai. She said "Sure", quit a 200k a year job, and spent the next two years in a country that was completely foreign to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    In 2004, I told my wife I was thinking about accepting a job offer in Shanghai. She said "Sure", quit a 200k a year job, and spent the next two years in a country that was completely foreign to her.
    How did that work out for you so far?

Nanook says he's not interested in love yet wants to learn saucy dances, gg kid.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I'll keep my true love. I can do many different types of jobs, it doesn't have to be "dream job". I don't even know what dream job for me would be, because job for me is just means for putting food on a table.
    When you find a job that you love to do it becomes a lot more rewarding than just putting food on the table. I'm an accountant and while that sounds boring as fuck for most people I love it! I was in the industry sector for a couple years and that sucked but public practice is great. I get to meet new people all the time (I'm shy so this gets me out of my comfort zone) and I love being able to see what everyone else is up to in their business. I just find it really interesting.

Of course I would still trade it away for true love.

2 chicks at the same time

Pretty good. It was a fun 2 years. She did stay home when I went to Japan for 6 months in 2010.

I still need to return the favor. Although I suspect that it will be a debt that I will have to carry for the rest of my life.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    Nanook says he's not interested in love yet wants to learn saucy dances, gg kid.
    Yeah, because I like sex, and girls like to dance. Don't get that confused with love.

Deleted
    To be honest 'real' true love has little to do with what is commonly called so. Therefore I would say I would have both while still being fine with rules of this thread.

...I would pick up money anytime if I weren't, it's not even a question once you grew up from hormonal addiction lol.