Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    "It's ok when Wikileaks does it"

-t.Trump supporters circa 2016

Don't worry Trump supporters, your lord and saviour will be the one leaking the info soon enough since he can't seem to lift himself away from a dining table while discussing currently evolving national security issues. Because why should 'fake' hacking be enough when Trump can do it himself and no one will care?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38989907

I don't know whether to laugh or cry, this is coming from somebody praising leaks against Hilary during the election!
    The Circus is permanently in town. To be so naive as to think that leaks aren't just common place in politics . . . just adds to the volume of evidence demonstrably showing Trump as unfit, unqualified, and over his head.

Impeachment is when?

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38989907

I don't know whether to laugh or cry, this is coming from somebody praising leaks against Hilary during the election!
    Definitely laughing...

This is the guy complaining about sensitive leaks...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    ^-----This
    Could the leak have come from members of his golf course, that paid 200k to be present during Trump's briefings?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    Except this is not being quite so you don't let the enemy know your plans. This is about someone as a candidate who may have had potential wrong doing before getting elected. I think most people want the government to keep secrets about operations and such in order to protect our interests as a nation. I think very FEW people (who aren't extremely partisan) want the government to hide the corruption of government officials.
    Keeping this information from leaking has nothing to do with keeping knowledge of corruption from the American public. It's more about keeping what they know about Trump from Trump himself.

If Trump has knowledge of what the intelligence agency knows about him and his minions, then he'll have a much easier time preparing for the shit storm coming his way. Additionally, if there is ever a case made against Trump, the credibility of the intelligence agency is damaged because of these leaks.

If the FBI is investigating a known drug lord, they obviously don't want the drug lord to know he's being investigated. This is painfully obvious. I don't know why people don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    Whether or not he's being hypocritical, he's right.

If information is leaking from intelligence officials then they aren't handling classified information properly. It's an issue whether or not Trump is being controlled by the Russian government or not.
    So far, I don't think they have released classified info.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Really? Well at any rate if something is "leaked" then it wasn't meant to get out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Definitely laughing...

This is the guy complaining about sensitive leaks...
    If the federal government is the one that is being accused of conspiring with Russia through leaks, the federal government cannot be trusted. Leaks didn't show secret information of anyone, but Flynn. This isn't an issue of a leak revealing classified information to damage the US, but exposing the federal government lying to us.

Yes folks, when Flynn lied to Pence, who then repeated the lie to American people. Flynn lied to American people... the leak was done to protect citizens, while the administration is defending lying to American people. Not talking about the random "you lied!" screamed at Obama. I mean actually, and explicitly by Trump's own words, someone who tried to deceive both the US government and American people.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Is this the thread where we compare leaks that are directly from the White House - to John Podesta's personal emails being hacked?

Pretty sure information from the White House (particularly pertaining to the negotiations that are done with leaders of other nations) has to be vetted and approved before released.

Really? Well at any rate if something is "leaked" then it wasn't meant to get out.
    Did you complain about this during the election? Because didn't you cheer for Wikileaks during the election?

10+ Year Old Account
    If the FBI is investigating a known drug lord, they obviously don't want the drug lord to know he's being investigated. This is painfully obvious. I don't know why people don't get it.
    Unless they don't have a means of bringing him out of hiding, so they increase pressure on him, by making the public aware of his actions. That's how they bring him out...

I guess there is a reason neither one of us are in FBI...

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    The leaks are from the Whitehouse not the intelligence community.
    [Trump]...pledged to punish the intelligence officials who leaked information.
    Did I misunderstand that part?

Quote Originally Posted by Astigmatizm View Post
    Is this the thread where we compare leaks that are directly from the White House - to John Podesta's personal emails being hacked?

Pretty sure information from the White House (particularly pertaining to the negotiations that are done with leaders of other nations) has to be vetted and approved before released.
    But as far as anyone can tell, there hasn't been any classified information.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, no shit. If Flynn meant everyone to know the truth, he wouldn't be lying.

Deleted
    Its foreplay for impeachment, you have to prepare public opinion for something like this. But i think it will happen. This goverment could fit some authocratic african country but not USA. And your president is disgrace, ha has no shame, all these tweets and retarded comments about judges, press, random people are just too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Unless they don't have a means of bringing him out of hiding, so they increase pressure on him, by making the public aware of his actions. That's how they bring him out...

I guess there is a reason neither one of us are in FBI...
    If there's a case to be made against Trump by the intelligence agency then it is waaaaayy too early to release this information. I'd find it hard to believe that releasing this kind of information to the public would have any advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    Except this is not being quite so you don't let the enemy know your plans. This is about someone as a candidate who may have had potential wrong doing before getting elected. I think most people want the government to keep secrets about operations and such in order to protect our interests as a nation. I think very FEW people (who aren't extremely partisan) want the government to hide the corruption of government officials.
    Then build your case and arrest him when you have evidence to charge him with and take him to court. Just like you do everyone else you investigate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did I misunderstand that part?
    He is making a distinction between the cabinet (White Hose) and agencies (intelligence community/officials).

- - - Updated - - -

If there's a case to be made against Trump by the intelligence agency then it is waaaaayy too early to release this information.
    How do you know it's too early? Do you have access to confidential information we do not? This is the 2nd Trump advisor to resign over misdeeds with Russia. How many more before it's on time?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Then build your case and arrest him when you have evidence to charge him with and take him to court. Just like you do everyone else you investigate.
    Uhm... how rich do you think we are?

Did you complain about this during the election? Because didn't you cheer for Wikileaks during the election?
    I didn't vote from Trump either. Sooooooo...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    How do you know it's too early? Do you have access to confidential information we do not? This is the 2nd Trump advisor to resign over misdeeds with Russia. How many more before it's on time?
    IDK, I mean I'm no expert on the issue, but it seems to me that we shouldn't be hearing about any of this until Trump is on trial pending impeachment.

Unless of course they're not after Trump... **shrug