Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    No, he is not. I suggest you read the OP.
    every group wants to 3 chest instead of attempting to do the highest keystone level
    I bolded the relevant part of the OP for you. Suggest you take your own advice.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by stolker View Post
    I agree that ilvl of the dungeons should slowly scale until they're at the same ilvl guaranteed as the weekly chest. It could still give, say, 900 in weekly chest when you complete a +15 (which drops 885), so people who are just not able to go higher still have a way to slowly increase their ilvl over weeks, but imo if they really want to make high level m+ viable 15-20 needs to slowly scale upwards to drop 900 guaranteed at 20 or something. I know that's higher than nighthold HC, but it's significantly lower than nighthold mythic! And you're also not clearing +20s without significant time investment in gear that can't clear HC nighthold easily. I suspect everyone in the group must be 900+ at the very least. Still it would be extremely nice and challenging for 900+ people for gear slots that they dont have at 900 yet (such as trinkets), general warforging/titanforging, and probably increased legendary chances from higher difficulty content.
    You can't let the ilvl of the repeatable keystones scale until they hit the level of the weekly chest unless you are going to nerf the ilvl of the weekly chest considerably. Otherwise, you are making Heroic raiding (890-895 ilvl) completely irrelevant outside of completing tier sets early in the tier. You're also heavily stomping on the niche of Mythic raiding (900-905 ilvl). If you let high level keystones drop spammable 900 gear with the chance to TF to 925, they instantly become a better and more reliable source of loot than Mythic raids themselves which is stupid as hell. They would have to cap M+ gear at 885 or something (including the chest) if they did that. The only reason that it's reasonable for the chest to give Mythic raid level loot is because of its limited once a week nature.

Creating strong incentive for 3 chesting is what keeps reasonably geared people from being accepted in LFG tool for M+ because everyone wants to steamroll and 3 chest everything all the time.

Because getting 3 chests on a lower level gives more AP than getting 1 (or no) chest on a higher level in less time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    I bolded the relevant part of the OP for you. Suggest you take your own advice.
    Again, reread the OP. Specifically the question asked. The OP is not about players, it is about Blizzard incentivizing 3 chesting.
    Last edited by Jonnusthegreat; 2017-02-20 at 10:59 PM.

Only reward one chest no matter your time. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    That would solve nothing. People would still set ilvl limits and want to push as quickly as possible, because you are gaining significantly more AP/legendary chances/gear when you are taking 10 minutes per run than you are when you take 20 minutes because people have lower gear/lower DPS. Geared players are still not going to want to accept/carry someone at the ilvl the dungeon drops (i.e. a group of 900s still won't want to take an 870) because it cuts down on their efficiency and gains/hour.

I think people just have to accept that they are not entitled to be accepted into groups just because they are at X ilvl that is enough to clear that content. If you don't like the ilvl requirements people are setting for their groups, you're free to make your own group with whatever requirements you want. Sure, you probably won't get ilvl 900 players jumping to join an ilvl 860 mythic 5 run, and sure it will probably be slower than if you went with all 900s, but then you're essentially being carried, and no one should feel entitled to force more progressed players to carry them.

- - - Updated - - -

And not only that, having just 1 chest would actually penalize people for finishing fast and skipping over keystones, because if you 3 chest a 12, you would be losing the loot from the 13 and the 14 you're skipping. They already neutered the extra chests enough by removing the extra AP gains from them. There's no need to gut it further by screwing over people that beat keystones by wide margins and/or incentivizing 15 minute AFK breaks mid instance to avoid doing more than +1 to try and fix a "problem" that wouldn't even be fixed by that solution in the first place as I explained above.

Scale the rewards and scale the AP better.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    And not only that, having just 1 chest would actually penalize people for finishing fast and skipping over keystones, because if you 3 chest a 12, you would be losing the loot from the 13 and the 14
    Then only upgrade the keystone by one no matter your time. The sooner this "go go go!" mentality is gone the better.

Then only upgrade the keystone by one no matter your time. The sooner this "go go go!" mentality is gone the better.
    Then you're penalizing people who have the capability of 3 chesting and want to just get their weekly 15 done quickly. If you do a 16 in time, you start with a 12 keystone the next week. You can then just complete your weekly in 2 dungeons by 3 chesting the 12 and doing a 15. It would be idiotic to make people explicitly run a 12, a 13, a 14 and a 15 "just because".

Plus, you're still not going to do anything to the mentality. People are not going to want to take 30 minutes to do a run they are capable of doing in 15, whether its for more AP/hour, more leg chances and gear/hour or just for the ability to have 15 minutes of their day back. It still won't change anything; 910s would still avoid carrying 860s if they have other alternatives. Don't break the rest of the system to fix something that (a) is not really a problem (b) wouldn't be fixed by that solution anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    Creating strong incentive for 3 chesting is what keeps reasonably geared people from being accepted in LFG tool for M+ because everyone wants to steamroll and 3 chest everything all the time.
    The fact that, like, a third of the people in the LFG who are 890+ are STILL useless is what keeps reasonably geared people from being accepted. Noone is going to waste their time with <880 because anyone less than 880 has about 50/50 odds of doing less DPS than the tank.

Deleted
    I have no idea what this thread is usefull for

Quote Originally Posted by the View Post
    In the looking for group, every group wants to 3 chest instead of attempting to do the highest keystone level they can complete in time. What could Blizzard change so people actually tried to do the hardest content they can instead of trying to complete the content that is beneath them?
    because the rewards outside of titanforging are garbage anyway so players rather play wow version of lotto then do harder dungeons.

Deleted
    The problem with timers that I see is that they aren't really in any way a test of your skill.

Most times is a combination of how good luck you had, how good you and your friends played, and how much ilevel you had to survive those almost impossible to survive attacks on high mythics.

A much better way of rewarding would be to test number of deaths of the group, average group dps / hps, how many times the tank has lost aggro... Make it that way and make the game do a calculation upon all those things, if you had a flawless run (no deaths, high average group damage ...) then give +3 chests, instead of just making people rush a yolo m+.

"The problem with timers that I see is that they aren't really in any way a test of your skill. "Most times its blahblahblah, how good you and your friends played, blahblahblah""

Anyway, what you had to say is incorrect, timers and forcing people to push packs and do them in such a fashion as manage to survive "impossible to survive attacks on high mythics" and complete within a set time. Thats why some people in 905 gear are three chesting 15's with a carry, and some people in 905 gear are struggling to make the timer in a 15. It is the very definition of skill.

7+ Year Old Account
    Who in their right mind would want to push higher keystones with LFG pugs?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noruego View Post
    Who in their right mind would want to push higher keystones with LFG pugs?
    I've tried it a lot of times in the past, and I have ended with some amazing players in my friendlist that I often invite to push.

That said I always check their wowprogress just to make sure they have a similar mindset with me and they are not the weekly chest warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Varamar View Post
    The problem with timers that I see is that they aren't really in any way a test of your skill.

Most times is a combination of how good luck you had, how good you and your friends played, and how much ilevel you had to survive those almost impossible to survive attacks on high mythics.

A much better way of rewarding would be to test number of deaths of the group, average group dps / hps, how many times the tank has lost aggro... Make it that way and make the game do a calculation upon all those things, if you had a flawless run (no deaths, high average group damage ...) then give +3 chests, instead of just making people rush a yolo m+.
    So, before every pack you wait for CD-s and with that your average DPS is going to be skyhigh; tanks won't lose aggro unless they pull with taunt when it's skittish; noone is going to die because well, you blew all your CD-s Rinse and repeat. And how is that a test of your skills?
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Because it isn't worth it to do a +15 with one chest when you can do a 6-7 with 3 chests.

I don't have a problem with people wanting to 3 chest, I do however have a problem with people throwing a fit and leaving the moment it isn't going to be a 3 chest run because that completely fucks over the rest of the group.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyLuckBox View Post
    Proof that keys higher than 15 are more likely to drop titanforged items?
    For a 885 items, there are 3 successfull rolls needed for a 900tf, for a 860, that would be 8.