Thread: 88k for a token

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

88k for a token

What the hell happened? Where are the days when they were 25k?

I really wanted to get back into it as well

It's been years since they've been 25k homie.

WoW token prices have inflated since they can be used for other Blizzard products now. But don't worry, the game is better off without you anyway.

Just look at Europe.
    Last 24hr range, 160-169k.

https://wowtoken.info/

The why is simple.

You can now buy a token and optionally convert it instead of into gametime into battle.net balance equivalent to the monthly subscription cost.
    $15 or £10.

Which opens up anything on the battle.net store to being bought for gold.
    Offering a sink that wasn't there before, and so a reason for players to buy more than their subscription demanded.

Edit: correction pointed out.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-02-17 at 01:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

it was 25k more then a year ago, back when they first came out
    it then hit 50k and became stable because of peoples mass amount of gold

and now is 88k as they are now able to be used to buy stuff like pets, mounts, and even other blizzard games, so yes they go up in price

Deleted
    Inflation happened. It turns out Garrisons throwing tens of thousands of gold at you will raise prices and forever change the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanos27 View Post
    What the hell happened? Where are the days when they were 25k?

I really wanted to get back into it as well
    Tokens can now be added to battle.net balance. You can pay for more services than just game time now, including stuff for other games. People went on a buying spree a couple weeks ago when it released.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razia
    Hey Garrosh, stop screaming so loud. No, you can scream, it's alright. Just take it down about... 5% please. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Just look at Europe.
    Last 24hr range, 160-169k.

https://wowtoken.info/

The why is simple.

You can now buy a token and optionally convert it instead of into gametime into battle.net balance equivalent to the monthly subscription cost.
    $10 or £10.

Which opens up anything on the battle.net store to being bought for gold.
    Offering a sink that wasn't there before, and so a reason for players to buy more than their subscription demanded.
    In the interest of accurate info, in NA its $15 since OP apparently doesn't know it was added.

Quote Originally Posted by enchiridion View Post
    In the interest of accurate info, in NA its $15 since OP apparently doesn't know it was added.
    Edited accordingly, thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I wish they were 88k on EU... but nope.

Quote Originally Posted by GutsAP View Post
    It's been years since they've been 25k homie.
    lol they were like 30k right before Legion launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Anyone have any ideas on how gold production in Legion compares vs WoD? Obviously WoD was a renaissance for gold production but honestly it still feels like I'm raking it in from Order Hall missions, emissaries that can give 900, etc.

It can be expected with general expansion inflation that the wow token would go up in gold price by some %. Would be nice to research how relative and absolute gold production has changed since wow token's inception.

Thought you meant EU. I was about to log in and buy a shit ton of them.

First world US problems, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vanos27 View Post
    What the hell happened?
    The amount of demand changed, for numerous reasons.

The amount of supply changed, for numerous reasons.

The money supply in the in-game economy changed, for numerous reasons.

As a result, the price changed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    lol they were like 30k right before Legion launch.
    High 30's, actually. Mostly bouncing between 35k and 40k in August.

The two big price shocks were Blizzcon (first hint at being able to use tokens for b.net balance) and early last week (actual implementation of being able to use tokens for b.net balance).

10+ Year Old Account
    bohoo 88k gold, come here again when US reaches EU levels or even worse korean/chinese
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I suspect they'll go back down as supply and demand even out. For most people I don't think 15 bucks is worth that much gold, although I could be wrong of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

I also thought they'd come back down but it doesn't look that way. I forgot just how many potential thousands of dollars worth of MTX stuff for all their games is out there. HotS skins, OW / HS gamble boxes, etc.

I was able to pull just enough gold for gametime when they were 60k without really trying. At 88k, possibly not. No biggie, I welcome a reason to quit.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Deleted
    THem cute Casualscrub-Americans.

7+ Year Old Account
    NA complaining LUL

Quote Originally Posted by BITBYBIT View Post
    THem cute Casualscrub-Americans.
    I like to think of us as just less bot-infested. I wonder how much EU's would be minus Russia.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.