Deleted

Question Damage addons, which ones are the FOTM nowadays?

Back in the day it was Recount (which I still use), but I heard it is a resource cog.

So what damage metter addons do you use in regards of funcionality and/or memory management?

I use Skada personally, have been since Cata iirc and it never gave me any problems afaik. I mostly use it cause I think Recount looks ugly tbh, not sure which one is the most efficient.

I currently use Details! it is better than Skada and brings a couple more helpful tools (prepots etc) its very customizable.

At this point in development, the three addons mentioned are still the top ones in the addon community, however both Skada and Details are objectively better in both data and performance compared to Recount. I personally suggest Details myself.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Details! is the new FotM. Skada previously. Recount is all but forgotten by anyone who actually wants a decent damage meter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use Details! but Skada still functions quite well. Recount isn't really worth anyone's time anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by iforgotmyaccount View Post
    So what damage metter addons do you use in regards of funcionality and/or memory management?

I can't say anything about Recount/Skada/Details, but I think TinyDPS is a very small addon and memory efficient

Quote Originally Posted by Ketho View Post
    I can't say anything about Recount/Skada/Details, but I think TinyDPS is a very small addon and memory efficient
    TinyDPS used to be awesome, but the lack of any updates makes it unusable at the moment. Sure, it counts some damage, but it misses quite a bit. Just try it with a demo lock for example and you'll know what I mean. Half the spells are not counted. There are multiple other specs which it counts wrong, too. I truly wish it worked so I could use it, but I would not recommend it if you want anything close to realistic numbers.

On topic: I would use either Skada or Details! right now. Both are good. Details! if you want more than just a quick look at damage and healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Skada is lower memory and works well at a basic level, but Details is very, well, detailed and almost works like an in game warcraftlogs. There are also many modules and things it tracks that other add-ons like Skada don't.

Basically, details is the best, objectively, but if you have memory issues or don't need a lot of detail/depth Skada works well as a basic dps meter.
    Last edited by Azarak; 2017-02-18 at 10:19 PM.