Kil'Jaeden's Burning Wish

Hi guys, I had a KBW drop for me last night. I already had Feretory and Alythess. 2 questions:

1) Is the trinket > ring? Before everyone leaps in with Simcraft links, I tried... it throws an error for me saying the KBW spell isn't recognized. There was a post on the Simcraft forums from January saying they had a fix coming, but I downloaded latest version and still had problems.

2) Since the use effect of the trinket is off the GCD, is it better to macro it to every spell and let it pop for maximum uptime or wait until procs line up?

Thanks in advance.

Armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Jimson/simple

Replaced trinket: http://www.wowhead.com/item=139321/s...ive&bonus=3379 The one I have is Raid Finder warforged to 840.
    Last edited by Jimson; 2017-02-17 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Forgot to link old trinket
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Deleted
    might depend a bit on the replacing trinket/ring..

Deleted
    You obviously want to manually use the trinket, whenever there are adds up.

I'm in a similar spot only that I have the legendary neck and not the shoulders. I simmed various combinations and for single target neck/belt came out slightly ahead for me. I have great trinkets (metronome, guldan, arcanocrystal), an 895 haste/msatery belt and varius 885 necks. on single target the trinket does about 2.5% damage for me. can go up to 6-10% when everything lines up nicely in dungeons/aoe.

assuming you have decent trinkets, i'd run belt/shoulders on most boss fights and use the trinket for aoe situations. the belt was simming surprisingly low to me. one explanation is that the stats are kinda shit. my 895 belt has almost the same amount of secondary stats as fetory, although fetory has 700ish more INT.

Don't macro the trinket into spells though. It hits for about 900k. Using it on CD is strictly worse than using it less often but getting to hit multiple mobs with it.

Deleted
    1) Trinket > ring in all case
    AoE : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...fo=Legendaries
    ST : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...fo=Legendaries

2)
    For ST fight, you can macro it i guess (but those cases are pretty rare)
    When there is more than one target, it's better to wait for the good opportunity to use it

My bad, I totally forgot to link the trinket it replaced. I'll edit the OP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaib View Post
    I'm in a similar spot only that I have the legendary neck and not the shoulders. I simmed various combinations and for single target neck/belt came out slightly ahead for me. I have great trinkets (metronome, guldan, arcanocrystal), an 895 haste/msatery belt and varius 885 necks. on single target the trinket does about 2.5% damage for me. can go up to 6-10% when everything lines up nicely in dungeons/aoe.

assuming you have decent trinkets, i'd run belt/shoulders on most boss fights and use the trinket for aoe situations. the belt was simming surprisingly low to me. one explanation is that the stats are kinda shit. my 895 belt has almost the same amount of secondary stats as fetory, although fetory has 700ish more INT.

Don't macro the trinket into spells though. It hits for about 900k. Using it on CD is strictly worse than using it less often but getting to hit multiple mobs with it.
    I appreciate the advice, but I don't have the shoulders.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    Hi guys, I had a KBW drop for me last night. I already had Feretory and Alythess. 2 questions:

1) Is the trinket > ring? Before everyone leaps in with Simcraft links, I tried... it throws an error for me saying the KBW spell isn't recognized. There was a post on the Simcraft forums from January saying they had a fix coming, but I downloaded latest version and still had problems.

2) Since the use effect of the trinket is off the GCD, is it better to macro it to every spell and let it pop for maximum uptime or wait until procs line up?

Thanks in advance.

Armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Jimson/simple

Replaced trinket: http://www.wowhead.com/item=139321/s...ive&bonus=3379 The one I have is Raid Finder warforged to 840.
    You shouldnt even ask. Use belt and trinket, bank alythess. I personally won't be dragged to Alythess' kanker play need to make optimal use out of it.

KBW at least in nighthold will always be superior due to the large number of bosses that have add phases, but even the single target fights will pull ahead.

Deleted
    It's the best trinket in the game, by far. Nothing even comes close in terms of sheer destruction and DPS. You probably won't replace it for the remainder of this expansion.

I just got this on my demonlogy warlock. Im thinking I shouldnt use it because it has little haste. Am I right in thinking this is a terrible legendary for demonology?

By itself, KBW is a very good trinket and there are many instances in NH where the "use" can be very effective.

That said, it is STILL NOT one of the two best legendary combinations for any of our three specs.

yeah but demonology is particularly haste-dependant. I have the BiS trinkets and sac'ing one of my haste procs for a dmg proc that is only really useful in aoe situations seems like a big loss to me.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brauchief View Post
    yeah but demonology is particularly haste-dependant. I have the BiS trinkets and sac'ing one of my haste procs for a dmg proc that is only really useful in aoe situations seems like a big loss to me.
    If it's your second legendary, i'd say you should use it for the stat increase that will buff all your dmg. If it's not your 2nd, then go ahead with two of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    If it's your second legendary, i'd say you should use it for the stat increase that will buff all your dmg. If it's not your 2nd, then go ahead with two of the others.
    Exactly ^^

If you ONLY have two legendaries and this trinket IS one of them... it's a moot point. Use it.

Deleted
    Trinket > ring in all situations.

That rings seems pretty bad cause any fight where I'd use RoF I'd just play Affliction.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Trinket > ring in all situations.
    This. This is a very simple question to answer. There are no conditions under which you would use the ring. Trinket, hands down.