Deleted

What do you think blizzard plan for legendarys in 7.2?

Blizzard have hinted changes are comming to Legendary system in 7.2. Alot of ppl post that the system spec lock them, and create strange sistuations where some get 5-6 legednarys but still not had their BIS while new people who not even raid mytic early get BIS's.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...page=1#post-20

What do you think this fix will be?

Personaly I hope for a tierbased system where the legendary change depending on what spec you get. Meaning you easier can test different spec without need for farm new legednarys.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    They should just disable them in Mythic raiding.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I like legendaries that can be used for multiple specs, even tho some specs value complete different stats, but reducing the total amount of legendaries a class can get would help if they combined some same-slot spec specific ones.

Seriously a solution for the secondary stats would just go "tri-stat" , sounds like a boring solution maybe, but they changed Prydaz, and trinkets to 3-stat already.

In the end it's all about the "legendary effect" that determines the true power and desireability.

Right now there's 11-21 "class" legendaries, 3 trinkets, prydaz/sephuz, and 4 shared armor pieces (1 per armor class) everyone can get.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-02-17 at 03:15 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    If legendary change into another when we change specs, like horde items change when you go alliance..

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    If legendary change into another when we change specs, like horde items change when you go alliance..
    I never understood why tier gear changes based on spec but legendaries don't. I know that not every spec has the same legendaries in the same slots, but they could have just designed it that way. Then you wouldn't have been forced into one spec just because you got a legendary for it.

Then if they just let us pick which legendary to get next, instead of it being completely random, I actually think the system would be fairly fun. You'd know which legendary you were going to get, you'd be able to use it with any spec, and you'd be able to look forward to and be excited when it finally drops. Currently legendaries aren't even that exciting since you're more likely to get a useless one than a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    I never understood why tier gear changes based on spec but legendaries don't. I know that not every spec has the same legendaries in the same slots, but they could have just designed it that way. Then you wouldn't have been forced into one spec just because you got a legendary for it.

Then if they just let us pick which legendary to get next, instead of it being completely random, I actually think the system would be fairly fun. You'd know which legendary you were going to get, you'd be able to use it with any spec, and you'd be able to look forward to and be excited when it finally drops. Currently legendaries aren't even that exciting since you're more likely to get a useless one than a good one.
    This is how it should have been. Each legendary has effects for each spec and is something you can progress towards. The choice would have been yours as the player and how you wanted to play. You could either follow what TCers said or deviate slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    They should just disable them in Mythic raiding.
    Too much effort has been put in to farming them now, switching them off in mythic raiding would be a spit in the face to most mythic raiders. People just need to suck up the legendary system this xpac, it is what it is. And then next xpac, blizz needs to make legendaries utility only.

I dont get all this legendary drama. Aside from vanilla, ALL xpacs had RNG or boring legendaries (Mop and WoD being the shittiest, since everyone had the same legendary). Dh
    I like this diablo, Spec Specific, legendary system more than anything aside from Vanilla one. And yes, I clear Mythic.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fennixx View Post
    I dont get all this legendary drama. Aside from vanilla, ALL xpacs had RNG or boring legendaries (Mop and WoD being the shittiest, since everyone had the same legendary). Dh
    I like this diablo, Spec Specific, legendary system more than anything aside from Vanilla one. And yes, I clear Mythic.
    You look at this wrong. There always must be 'drama', topic don't matter. Whining part of this community always pick weakest spot at the moment and claim that it will kill WoW.

For example - whining about class balance in 7.1.5. Before hotfixes and Nighthold gear there was plenty people discussing this. Now, when top guilds claim that this is one of best balanced patches, there are literally ZERO threads on this topic.

And before that hot topic was grind to 54, And before that RNG. And before that Legendaries. Non queable Mythics. Balance of Power without LFR. Alts. Too much to do. Is this Alpha or Beta? Legion launch on 20. September. Nothing to do. Watching new drama topics is more funny when you have good memory. Just accept that there always be some 'drama' and ignore this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    For example - whining about class balance in 7.1.5. Before hotfixes and Nighthold gear there was plenty people discussing this. Now, when top guilds claim that this is one of best balanced patches, there are literally ZERO threads on this topic.
    You must not frequent the class forums very often. There's people bitching about balance in every single one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    The legendaries should be locked behind long class quest chains that make you earn and upgrade them over the course of the expansion.
    This is pretty much WoD's design. I personally wouldn't mind seeing it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Too much effort has been put in to farming them now, switching them off in mythic raiding would be a spit in the face to most mythic raiders. People just need to suck up the legendary system this xpac, it is what it is. And then next xpac, blizz needs to make legendaries utility only.
    the problem with having a number of different legendaries is that there will always be a best and worst. even if all the current legendaries were utility only, people would be mad if they didnt get the one they wanted.

if anything im guessing they will scrap the system entirely and then we an spend our time listening to how they never add anything "interesting" like legendaries to the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    You look at this wrong. There always must be 'drama', topic don't matter. Whining part of this community always pick weakest spot at the moment and claim that it will kill WoW.

Yes, people like to discuss a gameplay feature they dislike. Very silly by the community.

Often whining or may I say complains by the community don't come out of nowhere.
    Last edited by Dangg; 2017-02-17 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    the problem with having a number of different legendaries is that there will always be a best and worst. even if all the current legendaries were utility only, people would be mad if they didnt get the one they wanted.

if anything im guessing they will scrap the system entirely and then we an spend our time listening to how they never add anything "interesting" like legendaries to the game.
    Anyone who would cry about not having the best utility legendaries, would need to grow up. And they shouldn't be pandered to. Ofc there will be the best and worst, but it isn't as game changing as a dps legendary vs a can't even really call it utility legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Fennixx View Post
    Because they were RNG and questlines people could work towards. They knew they had to kill that boss for that drop. They don't know what they have to do for the legendary they want. And the legendary they want will influence their rotation making it easier or smoother and provide 10-20% extra DPS which no other item would have done. Nobody is inherently mad about the legendary system, they're mad about the delivery.