Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    LOL
    I love this idea

My friend parks illegally all the time and he is so cocky about never getting caught, this would be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    They actually removed them? I figured enough people just mailed in their money without ever fighting it that still made the city a good amount of profit. But yeah, this whole thing seems similar. There's no way to prove you're the one who parked the car there even if it's your car just like there's no way to prove you were the one driving when you ran a red light. Regardless of facing your accuser.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I think most posters here didn't catch the part about it being private property. It's not like someone can walk around downtown and take pictures of every single car that's parked illegally.

Seems less cost effective though I would imagine. Wouldn't it be cheaper to just pay someone $10/hr to go around and write up tickets? Perhaps the pay rate for that job is higher though. I guess they're more so looking at smaller businesses and maybe 20-30 parking spots, not like a mall or something with hundreds of cars. I guess that makes sense.

Because it's impossible for red light CAMERAS to take pictures of the driver, right?
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have mixed feelings about this.

If I understand it correctly, what happens is that if you're in a private parking lot and you snap a picture, it basically is sent to the people who patrol said parking lot, and they go and check on said vehicle to give the actual ticket. Which is, in theory, a reasonable and good thing. I don't want some dickbag parking his giant truck across 3 handicap spaces because he thinks he can. Having the people who do that get caught and punished more often is a public service and should be commended... in theory.

The problem is, at least in my area, the main two companies that patrol the vast majority of lots kinda have a bad reputation for issuing false tickets. They've both gotten successfully sued repeatedly, and are some of the most hated companies in the entire city for a reason. While a good company would do due diligence to make sure that any car photographed by the app was actually illegally parked, these two don't even do that now with their physical patrols, because the penalties for abuse aren't strong enough for them to care about. And as much as I'd be happy to see the assholes parking where they shouldn't be punished, I wouldn't want it at the cost of hurting even more innocent people just trying to get through their day.

My god, I would make that a job. Dont really see an issue. Should help deter pig parkers, People park like shit because they often get away with it. Employing the general populace would increase the risk of ticket and I imagine eventually, lower shitty parking.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Then be sure you are not trespassing on a crazy person's private property.
    That's why I don't trespass. However the crazy person will still go to jail and hopefully get their comeupance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    You have the right to face your accuser in court, the 1# reason traffic/red light cameras were removed in the Dallas/Ft Worth area.

Would not work.
    Most of the ones that I know of in FL aren't actually monitored anymore for number of reasons. Most have been left standing, some still flash, but they aren't handing out tickets. I've seen more unsafe braking/speeding/hesitation from people trying not to flip the cameras than people running red lights.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Anyone complaining about this that has ever clicked the "Report Post" button... well, I hate it to be the one to tell you, but you're a massive hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    There's no way to prove you're the one who parked the car there even if it's your car just like there's no way to prove you were the one driving when you ran a red light.
    Yeah, there is... you're on camera in the drivers seat. Maybe all the cameras aren't set up the same, but a friend in Houston got a camera ticket which you could clearly make him out as the driver.