Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I kinda prefer the fantasy of Arms as a patient swordmaster, but the gameplay is just not fun for me at all. Fishing for CS procs is bad gameplay.

Whereas Fury's raging berserker class fantasy is merely decent to me, but its gameplay is great. Very fast paced, with short and hard-hitting burst windows. I love the spec in Legion.

Haven't really given Arms a chance this expac, having switched form Hunter to Fury since mid EN, though I do thoroughly enjoy Fury.

I really like the idea of a raging berserker and currently Fury provides that very well, Frothing Berserker furthers this even more. Even though some might see Fury as a bit of a spamfest (to a lesser degree than Arms due to Focused Rage), I think this caters to the "class fantasy" I at least hold.

Add to this that it's in a very good place re damage/dps and it just feels even better!

Deleted
    I recently started playing fury again as an alt and probably because incredible bad gear (only I-lvl 810 atm) I find that my only damage really seems to come from Battlecry+inner-rage+frothing-berserker.

Outside of those windows It feels a bit lackluster and I don't seem to generate a lot of rage. Would that be due to the incredibly low haste I currently have (10%) and does it indeed get better at +/- 30% haste??

Cheerio!

810 is painful for sure as you seem to take an inordinate amount of damage due to time to kill mobs It definitely gets better!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phototropic View Post
    810 is painful for sure as you seem to take an inordinate amount of damage due to time to kill mobs It definitely gets better!
    Haha yes this! I was quite surprised that 2-3 mobs at the same time brought me to nearly dead or even completely dead

Glad to hear it gets better with better gear. Does the healing from BT also scale more as you get higher gear? I found that outside of Enraged Regen the healing for fury isn't that high which from what I heard I found weird as it seemed fury had quite high self-healing...

Cheers

Technically, yes because it's health% and you get a lot more stam and health due to multipliers (and the +health during enrage trait) but it's still not gonna heal you instantly for that much outside of Enraged Regen. I'd say things got a lot easier in the 820-30 range.. Suramar was just bleh and I had to coerce a healer friend to help me out to begin with lol!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phototropic View Post
    Suramar was just bleh and I had to coerce a healer friend to help me out to begin with lol!
    Eek. Good to know. Was about to start in Suramar this week. Maybe I'll farm some gear first

Well, this was before they reduced damage taken whilst enraged from 30% to 20%--warpaint helps but it's only a 5% dmg reduction and unless you really want bounding strides (leap movement speed), I'd take it whilst soloing/questing until you practically one shot stuff.

You should be good at 810 in Suramar, so don't worry!

Fury is amazing! Super high mobility and super high burst damage as well as pretty good sustained AoE. My first toon in vanilla was a fury warrior and even after all these years trying out different classes, I always come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Vycaus View Post
    Why did you reroll from monk? I've heard nothing but good things.
    The problem with monk for me is I could never get behind the class fantasy. I always struggled with the concept of I'm just punching and kicking stuff, yeah it's badass, but it looks so dumb.

OT: Fury. As gameplay and class fantasy.
    But plz blizz, bring back Gladiator.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

That is my road block also. I have a monk alt that ive played to 105, and the game play is great, but I just can't get "in" to the character. There is a good video that preach just did about the legacy of the monk, which basically talks about exactly that.

Fury is imo, a lot more repetitive than Arms. The rotation doesn't change at all, while for Arms, at least you have some reactive aspect in forms of Tactician Proc

So, if you enjoy a fixed rotation, Fury is there for you. If you don't, go for Arms, there's no rotation for Arms, only Priority.

Which is the currently best pve spec? And is Focused Rage still a thing for Arms?

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Which is the currently best pve spec? And is Focused Rage still a thing for Arms?
    Go Fury. Arms feel lackbuster until you get the Legendary Glove, and Focus Rage is still the ONLY thing for Arms.