10+ Year Old Account

Akainu's absolute justice

I just got this piece of gear on my practically brand new 110 shaman...I was wondering would it be a loss if I speced to hailstorm to use the bracers? Or am I 3 for 3 for receiving disappointing legendaries on my characters?

Depends on your gear, m8. But atm it's garbage in common.

Its pretty much just a stack stick, not worth activating the bonus. Even with the legendary ring that gives you a buff for using a frost ability and those bracers its a wash to spec into Hailstorm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Its pretty much just a stack stick, not worth activating the bonus. Even with the legendary ring that gives you a buff for using a frost ability and those bracers its a wash to spec into Hailstorm.
    I figured as much...another lovely job by blizzard...taking a best in slot talentand nerf it till it's non-competitive at all...they could at least rolled hailstorm into frostbrand with how bad it was nerfed...but no. (You know...something they said they would do...if a talent is a must take no matter what they'd consider rolling it baseline...but all they ever did that for was basically affliction with drain soul and nothing else)

It's not really that Hailstorm is bad. It's more that GCDs and Maelstorm is better spend on lava lash with the 4p bonus.

Unless you're raiding cutting edge or the fight consist of AoE; taking up hailstorm isn't a massive dps loss. In fact a lot of enhance shaman still use it, simply because they like rolling with Hailstorm.
    Thing is, if you want to play as good as possible, not taking Hailstorm is a better option. On top of that it's also easier not having to maintain frostbrand. And if you don't pick up Hailstorm, using Frostbrand is completely irrelevant, which in turn makes the bracers largely irrelevant.

Blizzard missed the mark hard with Legendaries this expansion. It's a shame they are too stubborn/lazy/proud to face that fact and rework the system.
    At the very least legendaries should have been more utility based and preferably also independent of spec (like how the rest of the gear alters based on spec as well).
    The bracers are a key example of what seems to be a clear oversight on the balance agenda as it's simply inferior to nearly any other legendary (especially since wrists are already rather low value item slots); just use them for the stat bonus; hold on to them in case they become better again in 7.2 and beyond, and switch them out once you get better legendaries.

On the positive side:
    1) You've got the worst enhancement legendary, you're guaranteed the next one will be better.
    2) Enhancement shamans don't really have insane legendaries that make your dps go nuts as some other dps do. So you don't lose out too bad by having a more shitty legendary or utility legendary.

it might be better when our new traits comes out

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    it might be better when our new traits comes out
    it might be better if they remove frostbrand necessity

well yeah but this is blizzard