Pewdiepie outed as an alt-right Nazi. Vox article lays out the case against him

I'm flabbergasted. I don't know what to say. I let my niece watch pewdiepie when the family come over for Christmas to keep her entertained. I am going to get into huge trouble with her parents since they know I'm conservative (i.e. read my past mmo-champ posts).

http://www.vox.com/culture/2017/2/17...tire-alt-right
    To many people, PewDiePie seems to have been paying court to the alt-right for months

[PewDiePie, real-name Swedish gaming vlogger Felix Kjellberg] has long courted rumors that he is a tacit supporter of Gamergate, the anti-feminist gaming movement that directly fed into the online growth of the alt-right. At one time, Kjellberg, along with other notable YouTube personalities in the gaming community, was criticized for remaining silent and refusing to defend feminists who came under harassment during the worst of Gamergate. Though Kjellberg never expressed a specific opinion on Gamergate, some in the Gamergate movement read his lack of comment as a sign that he was on their side.

Over the past six months, members of some gaming forums and 4chan have gradually started referring to Kjellberg as being “redpilled,” a common alt-right metaphor for “waking up” to the “truth” about leftist propaganda. The image below, posted to 4chan’s /pol/ form by an alt-right supporter in December, implies that Kjellberg has adopted the fashion and grooming trends of the neo-Nazi movement, which is characterized by the “working-class” skinhead fashion code of flannel shirts and the “nipster” look — Nazi hipsters with neatly trimmed facial hair.

In addition to more overt Nazi symbolism, Kjellberg makes references to the alt-right that are veiled but obvious if you know where to look. In one video from late August, he makes an extended racist joke comparing Harambe the gorilla to Saturday Night Live and Ghostbusters actress and comedian Leslie Jones, echoing the widespread politically tinged, racist harassment that Jones endured last summer, largely from the alt-right.

And in another video from November, Kjellberg overlays a swastika, along with audio of a speech from Hitler, over unrelated commentary about clickbait YouTube channels. He then goes on to refer to BuzzFeed as “a bunch of cucks” — “cuck” being an alt-right buzzword.

Like many alt-right trolls, Kjellberg appears to be using humor to obfuscate hateful messages Spreading anti-Semitic themes and racist propaganda through “humorous” memes disguised as satire and “just trolling” has been an openly embraced tactic of the alt-right, and it has propelled the movement’s abrupt rise in power and influence.

Kjellberg’s presentation of Nazi imagery and anti-Semitic messaging is perfectly aligned with the way the alt-right uses memes and self-aware irony to obfuscate the sincerity of its message. And the fact that he was able to produce multiple videos that tiptoed this line despite having the largest subscriber base on YouTube illustrates just how effective it is as a tactic.

YouTube star PewDiePie ‘heils’ himself in a YouTube video posted February 10.

Last edited by ramjb; 2017-02-17 at 11:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, first, do stop being a tool of the corporate media that wants to slander the guy.

And second, theres already a thread on this, so go here.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...8#post44631228

Seriously, this is just pathetic and desperate. Just because buzzfeed calls everyone a nazi doesn't mean the nazis are coming back, this is reality.
    #boycottchina

... I might not like the guy, but this all belongs in the same camp as all the other false news and articles written only for some agenda rather than supporting reality...

I must however say that it's highly hilarious to see people taking such "news" as "Sweden will be a 3rd world country in 15 years says the UN" as fact, doing research and being capable of critical thinking when it comes to a Youtube star...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-02-17 at 11:38 PM.

And they are going to fail hard, media is editing and adding things to he's videos to make it look that way you know taking thing completely out of context.

There is atm tons of videos that proves just that, media have already tried this and have failed big time.

Nothing to worry about he will be just fine, I love the way him and tons of others are playing the media right now.

I can't stand him, but I'll just leave this here: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/arti...ie-Controversy

Old media are fucking terrified by people like Pewdiepie, and have been for years. New media continues to be a very real threat to these old media sites.

i guess the holocaust jokes made by ethan klein(a jew, who met his former IDF member wife in a holocaust museum) mean he's secretly a jew-hating alt-righter as well.

my whole perspective has been changed. thank you. sincerely.

Essentially, the whole "Pewdie Pie is a Nazi" fiasco summed up in one Scooby Doo 2 scene to a T.

Oh and I just noticed (since I always spelled pewdiepie like that, whereas actually it's supposed to be spelled PewDiePie) that this guy's name has always been Nazist/racist.

Pew = shoot
    Die = kill
    Pie = "pie face" derogatory term for Asians, in particular Inuits ("round faces")

His name is literally
    Shoot Kill Asians

This guy is literally Hitler

15+ Year Old Account
    Where is the line between pretending to be a Jew hating nazi, and being one? I guess only Pewdiepie knows the answer.

Last I knew Disney didn't get rid of him not because he was one, but because they didn't even want the association of him playing one as a fictional character.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    Oh and I just noticed (since I always spelled pewdiepie like that, whereas actually it's supposed to be spelled PewDiePie) that this guy's name has always been Nazist/racist.

Pew = shoot
    Die = kill
    Pie = "pie face" derogatory term for Asians, in particular Inuits ("round faces")

His name is literally
    Shoot Kill Asians

Oh, so it's THAT sort of thread? Ok then. Your name is ram jews bloody, are you literally Hitler as well?

It's scary just how common it is becoming with alternative "facts" and people copy-pasting shit together on the web to get clicks or spread an agenda.

I don't care if he is a Nazi, or not. I care that there's millions of idiots who find him entertaining.

Deleted
    What is it with cunts and bleach blonde hair.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I can't stand him, but I'll just leave this here: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/arti...ie-Controversy

Old media are fucking terrified by people like Pewdiepie, and have been for years. New media continues to be a very real threat to these old media sites.
    Good article, clears up a lot of things for those of us who barely cared about the incident at all.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post

Pew = shoot
    Die = kill

His name is literally
    Shoot Kill Asians

This is the Glenn Beck drawing with chalk of arguments. If you're actually serious that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I don't care if he is a Nazi, or not. I care that there's millions of idiots who find him entertaining.
    So your calling all of his 53 million subs idiots? How nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's already a long thread on Pewdiepie, this did not need a seperate thread. Closing this.

CLOSED.