Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Our Boomchicken's need help! Logs included for comment

Our raid has three balance druids, and as a group they are historically at the back of the pack both relative to the other raiders, and in rankings compared to other balance druids. Mind you this is a F&F-style raid, but even in that context they're low. No idea what they're doing wrong, but any help would be appreciated! Please see the logs linked below as an example.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Thanks in advance!!

I feel like one of them is doing bad, but they made an agreement to all do bad with him, so that in comparison he doesnt look as bad.

40-60% uptime on their dots lol why are you trolling the forum with this nonsense

Deleted
    Their uptimes are decent if you look only at the time they are alive though. Not great but not as bad as it seems.

I take it they should have some DoTs with 100% uptime? What about spell usage, are they even casting the right spells?

60& uptime on dot that should be close too 100%..
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

10+ Year Old Account
    Mostly it's that they're not casting enough, casting the wrong things sometimes and not keeping dots up as much as they could. Some thoughts:

1) Sunfire and Moonfire should be up as close to 100% as possible on the boss. If adds come out and are going to live long enough, dot them up too. Do NOT dot up short lived mobs that are dead in 1-2 seconds.
    2) New/Half/Full moon should be cast as much as possible. It's the same spell, it just builds (starts as New, then the next cast is Half, then Full). There's a 15 sec CD so a full cycle should take ~45secs not counting movement, etc.
    3) Sometimes they were chain casting Solar Wrath over and over. Now, in general, you want to use it on single targets and Lunar Strike only when you have closely bunched adds... BUT you want to cast whatever is empowered (buffed) at the time. Do this:

• If both are empowered and you have a single target, cast Solar Wrath.
    • If both are empowered and there's a cluster of adds, cast Lunar Strike.
    • BUT... if Lunar is empowered and Solar is NOT, cast Lunar strike EVEN ON a single target.
    • IF neither is empowered at the moment cast Solar for Single, Lunar for clustered mobs.

4) For spread out adds, use Starfall. Remember, it's not channeled, so cast it then do something else.
    5) movement sucks our DPS because we only have 4 instant casts... the two dots, ,StarSurge and Starfall. The dots, though, don't do a lot of damage on being cast so it's if they're already up on a mob, recasting them as you move doesn't do much. If you have a phase like Trilliax's Annihilation coming up, they want to pool astral power so they can get off a couple of starsurges which is single target and hits hard. Alternatively if they are having to move and there are adds up too, Starfall might be the way to go.

TLDR: Get dot uptimes as close to 100% as possible. Make sure they have Raven etc to track those. Cast Solar Wrath and Lunar Strike on single and clustered mobs respectively but cast whatever is empowered. Pool AP for movement phases so you can get some star surge off. And stay out of fire.. they die a lot and unless that's your healers being dicks (they suck, I'm not healing them) or having to prioritize because people are taking too much avoidable damage, they need to survive better. Dead DPS do zero damage.

PS: Remember, Sunfire applies to the mob it's cast on and any nearby mobs TOO. So don't waste time applying it to close by mobs. Hit one mob in the middle of a pack with it, then Moonfire each mob. Recasting Sunfire on each mob past the first one is a waste of time and casts.
    Last edited by clevin; 2017-02-18 at 09:44 PM.

Deleted
    Wow those are pretty bad boomchickens, my advice is replace them, i dont think u can repair that. They each have one of the best two legendarys yet struggling to do helpful dps. I like the name Nanook though, the dog from the lost boys movie right?

Verocc's opener starts with Moonfire and he didn't prepot. lol
    Nanook stops casting for few seconds randomly and then picks up where he stopped. what?
    Taborlyn bad opener as well

i didn't bother to go through to second page of casts.
    there's no helping it whatsoever, none of them understands basics of the class AT ALL. really no way to help them.

+ it's not like boomkins are your problem.
    pretty much everyone is the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus people try not to be such dicks, ok?

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Jesus people try not to be such dicks, ok?
    If one of the advice is "use potions", you really think teaching them how to play boomkin is gonna help?

Quote Originally Posted by Foxdye View Post
    Wow those are pretty bad boomchickens, my advice is replace them, i dont think u can repair that. They each have one of the best two legendarys yet struggling to do helpful dps. I like the name Nanook though, the dog from the lost boys movie right?
    Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    If one of the advice is "use potions", you really think teaching them how to play boomkin is gonna help?
    If people were to learn to read they would probably realise that this advise is pretty stupid. OP just wants some advise to give to his chickens because they are terrible. The chickens are going no where because it is a F & F guild. How about instead of being elitist pricks you get your head out of your asses and help? Or do you really have no knowledge at all and prefer to make yourself feel big by talking shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    If people were to learn to read they would probably realise that this advise is pretty stupid. OP just wants some advise to give to his chickens because they are terrible. The chickens are going no where because it is a F & F guild. How about instead of being elitist pricks you get your head out of your asses and help? Or do you really have no knowledge at all and prefer to make yourself feel big by talking shit.
    There is nothing elitist about telling others to keep dots up and to use potions lol. If they cannot see how bad they are doing and the raid leader is asking for help, instead of themselves, then they do not want to get better. You cant force someone to play better if they dont want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    More so that useless comments like yours.

Look, maybe they ARE hopeless. But comment after comment that's basically "lol" doesn't add anything.

- - - Updated - - -

There is nothing elitist about telling others to keep dots up and to use potions lol. If they cannot see how bad they are doing and the raid leader is asking for help, instead of themselves, then they do not want to get better. You cant force someone to play better if they dont want to.
    So if you have nothing useful to say move on. Quit wasting time and bandwidth. Contribute or GTFO.

>tells me to say something useful and contribute
    >raging at others

wut?

Like im glad youre trying to help them, and honestly I can see why since youre probably the only one in this thread that can relate to players like that.

Thank you to those who are trying to help. I agree that these guys are probably not ever going to be "great" players, but sometimes people are bad because they just don't understand the basics, which can be helped. So for those with some constructive criticism, it is appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    >tells me to say something useful and contribute
    >raging at others

wut?

Like im glad youre trying to help them, and honestly I can see why since youre probably the only one in this thread that can relate to players like that.
    AHAHAHA... So cute. You think that's witty, don't you?

What you missed is that I already had contributed some detailed comments before going off at pathetic little bitches like you who talk big but can't contribute.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tolian View Post
    Thank you to those who are trying to help. I agree that these guys are probably not ever going to be "great" players, but sometimes people are bad because they just don't understand the basics, which can be helped. So for those with some constructive criticism, it is appreciated.
    Make sure that they have Raven or some other dot timer and perhaps some weak auras so they can see things like dots expiring, when Moon or Starsurge is available to cast, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    AHAHAHA... So cute. You think that's witty, don't you?

What you missed is that I already had contributed some detailed comments before going off at pathetic little bitches like you who talk big but can't contribute.

- - - Updated - - -

Make sure that they have Raven or some other dot timer and perhaps some weak auras so they can see things like dots expiring, when Moon or Starsurge is available to cast, etc.
    Yet you cant seem to drop it can you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's stick to topic guys, there's no need to derail yet another thread on meaningless ego debates.

Deleted
    Okay. Let me start.

The best way to deal as much dps as possible is to not die. That is important. In the fight you posted all of the moonkins died, so i will analyze a different fight.

Also, Trilliax is a bad encounter to compare dps, because you can artifically push your dps by multi dotting bots and not doing shit.

Let's go with Krosus nhc, shall we?

I just look at Nanook and i see:

=> Dot uptime looks good

=> only casted 7 of the possible 16 moon spells

=> Was Astral Power capped for 35 seconds and lost 217 Astral Power due to that. Only 1140 was gained, so it's basically a 20% damage loss right there.

=> Really needs to learn how pre pots work

=> Shooting Stars on Krosus? O.o

=> Not sure he/she even has enough haste to properly play with Emerald Dreamcatcher.

=> Both Trinkets are crap