Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckermouse View Post

Also, Trilliax is a bad encounter to compare dps, because you can artifically push your dps by multi dotting bots and not doing shit.

Not for padding, but is it worth it to use SS talent and DoT adds for AsP?

Ontopic: I searched for the players. Kind of weird. Wowprogress doesn't find Nanook and Verocc. I did manage to find a Nanook that plays ED, Bough and Swarm. He has 24.8% haste. Verocc(who has Star Gate) has 22.95% haste. Taborlyn has 32.14% haste.
    So all 3 druids have haste for at least LS surgeweaving.

Anyway, all 3 druids are from different realms and from different guilds. So thread might be troll or their raid is made from players all over US.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellshout View Post
    Anyway, all 3 druids are from different realms and from different guilds. So thread might be troll or their raid is made from players all over US.
    We are in fact a multi-server group. The core knows each other IRL, and we've all brought in one or two other friends. So it's not a troll thread, heh. I think the common thread here is that they are not effectively managing resources and cooldowns. Which as said, would be easy enough to fix with some WAs or other addons. Thanks for all the useful comments and suggestions!

first thing you need to do is have them read moonkin basic guides.
    there is one on this forum, hell even icy vein guide would help them on rotation.

have them start with rotation section only.

then you can work on everything else. if they can't get the basic rotation down then there is no hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    If your Boomkins want to learn more about the spec in-depth I suggest they pop around to the Druid discord, read up on Cyous' and Gebuz' guide in #resources, then ask any questions in #balance if they're still having trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolian View Post
    Our raid has three balance druids, and as a group they are historically at the back of the pack both relative to the other raiders, and in rankings compared to other balance druids. Mind you this is a F&F-style raid, but even in that context they're low. No idea what they're doing wrong, but any help would be appreciated! Please see the logs linked below as an example.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Thanks in advance!!
    the logs u linked they all died at around 3 min 40 seconds in (AVG), on a 6min 30 second fight.

their Damage is low as fuck, also your raid died due to Cleansing Destruction AKA soaks not eating cakes.

get them to do this opener:

dbm pull 10 seconds

4 Seconds (Incarnation, Zerking (if Troll), Perpot),
    3 seconds (2.8), cast wrath, follow it up with New Moon, Half Moon
    Then Double Dot,
    Full Moon
    Starusrge x 2
    Lunar Strike x 2,
    Wrath x 2
    Starsurge x 2

Rinse and repeat.

get them to spec Starlord, Incarnation, Blessings of Ancients, and Natures Balance, will help their Single Target, and also increase their Dot Upstimes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    If your Boomkins want to learn more about the spec in-depth I suggest they pop around to the Druid discord, read up on Cyous' and Gebuz' guide in #resources, then ask any questions in #balance if they're still having trouble.
    best advice here TBH,

also @Slippykins Guide, on these Forums is hands down Amazing as well.

also another question:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...425412/latest/

this one for @Slippykins, why Memekin on 6/10 Fights? in heroic?, sure the logs are great im knowhere near that, is it because with OI and ED it comes out overall better?
    Last edited by Kikazz; 2017-02-20 at 03:06 AM.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Is that the right order for opener? I always thought it was pot, wrathx2, moon moon, dot, incarnation, moon moonx2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    also @Slippykins Guide, on these Forums is hands down Amazing as well.

also another question:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...425412/latest/

this one for @Slippykins, why Memekin on 6/10 Fights? in heroic?, sure the logs are great im knowhere near that, is it because with OI and ED it comes out overall better?
    The SotF/ShS/SD is definitely best for Skorpyron/Aluriel/Tich/Bot on heroic, so the only two fights where it's debatable is Elisande and Gul'dan. I think you can take Inc instead of SotF on both of those fights, and BotA is arguably better than ShS anyway. I'm just lazy in heroic and don't swap builds terribly often. In Mythic I'll swap every fight and try things out between pulls, but for heroic I don't particularly care.

Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    Is that the right order for opener? I always thought it was pot, wrathx2, moon moon, dot, incarnation, moon moonx2
    with the opener i linked above, you can get some precasts out and get more astral power, meaning you can double starsurge faster, the way this is done is you get 2-3 more stacks of haste from your incarn for your major burst by the time you get to starsurging.

so:

dbm pull 10 seconds

4 Seconds (Incarnation, Zerking (if Troll), Perpot),
    3 seconds (2.8), cast wrath, follow it up with New Moon, Half Moon
    Then Double Dot,
    Full Moon
    Starusrge x 2
    Lunar Strike x 2,
    Wrath x 2
    Starsurge x 2

thats what i do, although i have whispers and metranome, i usually get to around 35/36 stacks of haste buff from incarn before i lose it.

- - - Updated - - -

The SotF/ShS/SD is definitely best for Skorpyron/Aluriel/Tich/Bot on heroic, so the only two fights where it's debatable is Elisande and Gul'dan. I think you can take Inc instead of SotF on both of those fights, and BotA is arguably better than ShS anyway. I'm just lazy in heroic and don't swap builds terribly often. In Mythic I'll swap every fight and try things out between pulls, but for heroic I don't particularly care.
    Cheers, havent seen a legend in about 2-3 months, so hopefully i get ed/OI to try a few more builds out.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Same with mine, you get 3 cast off before pull and end up with 95+AP when you start SS.

Pretty sure dotting and casting first moon spell after incarnation is wrong. It is a waste of 4 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolian View Post
    Our raid has three balance druids, and as a group they are historically at the back of the pack both relative to the other raiders, and in rankings compared to other balance druids. Mind you this is a F&F-style raid, but even in that context they're low. No idea what they're doing wrong, but any help would be appreciated! Please see the logs linked below as an example.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Thanks in advance!!
    Considering the skill level they are currently at, your best bet is to provide links to guides for them to read over:
    Icy-Veins: http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/balance...-pve-dps-guide
    Cyous: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20745626938
    Gebuz: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...LyZW4A/preview

It's fairly obvious they haven't quite grasped the basics of how to properly play boomkin and a guide would be much more effective than me or any other person on here typing out a 5-page essay (and then having you repeat it back to them) on what they need to fix. Nuance things, or how to min/max or maybe questions about certain talents on a certain fight is one thing. But an overall "why are these boomkins bad" is way too much to post as a forum response.

Besides, giving them a guide to read (and them actually reading it) will show that they actual want to better themselves and contribute more to the raid instead of you going out of your way trying to do the work for them. You can lead a horse to water...

If they don't want to put in the effort to improve then you may want to reconsider bringing them to raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's stick to topic guys, there's no need to derail yet another thread on meaningless ego debates.
    Well that's easy, just ban MV Kaa