I don't know what to upgrade.

If you don't like reading boring stuff skip to below the line for the question!! <3

Hey guys, I've had this PC as a gift back in 2014, and i've always had lag issues with it. I play WoW, and during raids my FPS drops to around 6 for the first 20seconds of a fight usually, and then in a long fight it would do the same thing again (happens with the lowest graphic settings and in Fullscreen). Also, my computer sometimes has this annoying thing where the screen basically freezes EXCEPT for my mouse, and whatever sound i was hearing goes into a really fast paced loop. It is really annoying (happens with the lowest graphic settings and in Fullscreen).

One other problem I am facing is that when I turn on my computer it is VERY slow to load, and I keep getting an error about PXE not found, but after 4minutes it turns on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I really want to upgrade my computer, BUT, I have very little experience with computers, and wondering if anyone can help me with what I should change? A friend of mine said that my problems could be from my motherboard.

Manufacturer: CyberPowerPC

http://imgur.com/a/V5382

HTML Code:
    http://imgur.com/a/V5382

About 1200 dollars really. Is it that bad? I thought maybe I just need a new graphic card + motherboard + ram. But I don't know much about computers.

here a build for under $1200

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($238.75 @ OutletPC)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($27.88 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: Asus STRIX Z270-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($189.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: G.Skill Aegis 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($50.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($74.99 @ B&H)
    Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.00 @ B&H)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB SC GAMING ACX 2.0 Video Card ($139.98 @ Newegg)
    Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($43.88 @ OutletPC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($88.58 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $1024.03
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-02-18 02:17 EST-0500
    PC: CPU - i7-4790K, MoBo - MSI Z97 gaming 5, Memory - 16G Corsair vengeance LPX DDR3, GPU - EVGA 970 FTW edition, Storage- 1x Sandisk X400 M.2 512GB, 1X WD blue 1TB HDD, 1x WD green 1TB HDD, PSU - EVGA 550W 80+ bronze.

10+ Year Old Account
    For $1200 you can rebuild the computer, but you honestly don't need to.

Don't know what GPU you have, but if it's a 280 or 290 it's still a decent card for wow.

That said, you can either

A) Get a 7600K + Board + Ram + Cooler for $450
    B) Get a 4690K + Board + Cooler for $375

From there, the GPU depends on what you have now. You don't need to rebuild the entire system if you want to.

Also, do you have an SSD already? If not, something to look into as well.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Meh, it seems everyone here is thumbs down on amd but they arent that bad. Yes Intel is better than the FX line, but a 8320 OC with a decent video card plays wow fine.

AMD new line of cpus, Ryzen are 2 weeks away from being launched and from what leaks have been shown they will compete with Intels latest and half the cost. I would at least wait a few weeks and see.

As far as wow on your current rig, which video card are you actually using, download GPU-Z and it will tell you, you can get it from techpowerup dot com (I cant post links)

Check your addons and see if they need updating as well. PXE issue is in your bios, your system is looking for a network boot device. Disable that.

Video card drivers, sound card drivers are big culprits in slow downs as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    No to disparge, but the entire system disagrees with WoW. You may want to think about building something from scratch. What kind of budget are you looking at?
    That GPU wont be lower then a R9 280, which is a good gpu and if by chance its any higher, then that doesn't need to be upgraded at all.

Your problems aren't caused by dated hardware, there's something malfunctioning. Try a clean OS install if you haven't.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by truulte View Post
    Your problems aren't caused by dated hardware, there's something malfunctioning. Try a clean OS install if you haven't.
    Yup, when everything starts going wrong with your PC you need to take a few steps.

1) Virus scan all of your files - the complete scan option. It may take all day but do it.
    2) Backup any important files to an external source or second hard drive. Things like mp3's, documents, photos, anything you can't replace with a simple download.
    3) Format the hard drive. Reinstall windows and start over from scratch. This time be more careful about spyware and malware.

If that doesn't work and things are still going wrong it points to a hardware problem.