Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

What expansion did you enjoy the most?

If you could play any expansion, re-opened from blizzard as (Legacy Server) Which one would you have looked most forward to?

Vanilla - TBC - WotLk - Catacalysm - MoP (Don't think TBC ++ would have been released after first season).

Me personaly, i would love to play Vanilla / TBC and Wotlk, further maybe next 5-10 years. But let's not speculate on time frames in this case, and pretend it would be 2-3 years in each expansion before moving it to next one. But give naxxramas more time to be cleared before TBC release.

MoP hands down. Fuck me, that was the best time I ever had in this game. First time I ever stepped my foot into a higher ranked than top100 raiding guild. Best time ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliddqvist View Post
    MoP hands down. Fuck me, that was the best time I ever had in this game. First time I ever stepped my foot into a higher ranked than top100 raiding guild. Best time ever.
    MoP was amazing indeed, gave me BIG eyes in every sone i entered while levling. Even the music there aswell!

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably Vanilla-TBC-WotLK as well. Never played Vanilla and TBC, started playing mid-wrath. Would also prefer it because of 'lore' reasons
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER

MoP. Sure as fuck NOT WOTLK despite it being the expansion I started in. After MoP comes Legion so far without a doubt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    MoP. [...] After MoP comes Legion so far without a doubt.
    I agree. MoP would probably win for me, followed by Legion. MoP because it was an amazing expansion overall; Legion because it offers the most content outside of raiding.

I was with the game from the beginning on, but compared to back then when I wasn't used to having more stuff, I just would get bored immensely fast in Vanilla/TBC/Wrath/Cata now.

MoP > Legion >> Wotlk > Cata > Vanilla > WoD > TBC
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-02-18 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Vanilla-TBC-Wrath then repeat.
    I've prolly have done the same, but wouldt mind do some on MoP - Cata aswell, for memories back then ^_^

Deleted
    Legion > MoP > WotLK >WoD > Classic > Cataclysm > TBC

Deleted
    Wrath-Cata-Legion-TBC-MoP-Vanilla and last WoD. Wrath just takes the cake absolutely loved it, Gear score was a curse though.

Quote Originally Posted by Peskre View Post
    Wrath-Cata-Legion-TBC-MoP-Vanilla and last WoD. Wrath just takes the cake absolutely loved it, Gear score was a curse though.
    Remember you needed a certain GS to raid ^^ the new "Application" then followed with linking achievements :x

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed the overall experience of Vanilla more than any other.

Definitely Pandaria for me. It's still the only expansion that's broken away from established WoW history to explore something brand new, and they really managed to create something wonderful as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Legion because it offers the most content outside of raiding.
    By most content you mean more difficulties of the same dungeons?

15+ Year Old Account
    Legion > MoP > WotLK > WoD > Cataclysm > TBC > Vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    Tie between WotLK, MoP, and Legion. I like lots of dungeon content, lots of stuff to do in the world, and big, sweeping story arcs. Since Vanilla isn't an expansion, it gets excluded from the list (but these days it also rates fairly high).

Bottom of the barrel would be WoD without a doubt, while TBC gets mired down due to my poor experiences with guild poaching and the inanity of attunementpalooza, while Cata has gone from disliked to alright mostly because I have fun with the 1-60 revamp (but still appreciate and enjoy the old 1-60 as well, two great tastes that don't necessarily taste great together) even if 80-85 was meh and the endgame was resoundingly ok but visibly plagued by budget constraints and a lack of cohesive vision among the raid and dungeon teams.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    By most content you mean more difficulties of the same dungeons?
    With World quests, Mythic+ etc, Legion easily offers the most options to progress your character outside of raiding, which is a huge plus. Additionally, you have all the fun things that were already there in previous expansions like achievements, pet battles etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    MoP. I loved it - Monks, Pandaren, zones, music, storyline, questing, raids, dungeons, Timeless Isle, pet battles....
    I fully agree.

7+ Year Old Account
    mop.
    i loved every single bit of it.

Formerly known as Arafal

Maybe vanilla especially, diden't have a high majority of content. Besides dungeon / (For some) Roleplay - machinema making / questing / farming (gold-rep-items) and World PVP (later battlegrounds) + ranking which by the way is not worth it unless you have the TIME!

But getting your first epic then, is about same feeling as you would get 890-900 ilvl equipment. And BIS epics to an legendary drop, and if you we're lucky doing Hunter bow/staff quest / Benediction-Anathema to a whole new level, including (Sulfuras Hand of Ragnaros & Thunderfury, Blessed blade of the windseeker) Makes you "Special" for your effort and contribution, today i honestly feel it's Copy'n Paste on each class with equipment. Although i do find PvP and some other activitys enjoyable period.

More items/objects to manipulate your oponent (PvP), like Reflectors / Engineering equipment / High variation of buffs and consumables. Examples >
    "Silent-Fang" (1 hander Main-Hand) that silence the target for 6 seconds. Really nasty versus S-Priest / Lock and Mages. And "Bonereaver's Edge" that dump Armor reduction on the oponent known as "ArP" and many other. Was even available with (WotLk) i belive, most of their purposes anyhow. Untill Cata where level 60 was no longer accessible unless W-PvP.

Downsides are there ofcourse, like about nothing is really balanced. Untill TBC came out, but when you and i mean YOU having the high end equipment for your effort. You would really feel the power PvE & PvP

But.... This is just me, everyone have their reasons!

If we separate "which expansion I think was the best designed" from "which expansion I personally enjoyed the most", the answer to the second question is Cataclysm. The expansion where 10 man raiding got elevated from "joke" to "viable" status and before all the bastardization that happened in MOP with showering 25 man raiders with Thunderforged (before it was named Warforged) to desperately save 25 man and in the end just axing 10 man in favour of 20 man mythic. To this day 10 man raiders suffer not only being restricted to heroic mode but also facing multiple bosses that are simply overtuned for small groups and you just have to be 15+, preferably 20-30 though.

Which expansion was designed best? Probably none, each of them had big flaws, between too grindy, too little content, too much emphasis on dailies, too punishing for latecomers / alts / rerolls, too hard to get into raiding, pvp shoved down your throat, lame lore, and few other flaws I'm yet to see a perfectly designed expansion. If I was to pick one, I would wager between WOTLK and MOP.

Worst edition? Probably vanilla, between many unviable classes / specs, being super grindy, not having much content to do except raiding / bgs / grinding, professions, reps, levelling everything being a chore, pvp being imbalanced and only rewarding nolifers, progression raiding being hermetic and majority of "raiders" never stepping much out of molten core and zul'gurub, when I look at it, I'm actually glad to think how much the game improved since then. Defo wouldn't want to play on "vanilla server" so I can again suffer while levelling half the classes (warrior and mage being 2 worst for me), have to grind for ages to be able to afford even a basic mount or level my profession and end up being a pleb endlessly farmed in bgs because that was "casual endgame". Zero rose tinted glasses here.

Legion could have been the best designed expansion, but "legiondaries" and extremely stingy catch-up mechanisms are 2 worst offenders. Could name a few more, like for example outrageous RNG in professions.

Easily Mists of Pandaria right up to Thunder Isle which i think was WoW at its best.

Then you got Seige and like 7 quests in durotar and a raid for a year, yeah everything after Thunder Isle? kind of trash.