Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Its a hard tie between lol rng and look ma I grinded for 200hours to cap my weapon..

I miss just basic loot. Not procs not crazy effects. Just good old small percentile in power increases loot.

Can...can we go back? No more insane grinds nor super rng. Just kill a boss see if yoir item drops goodness?

Only glimpsed over half the pages of this thread and I'm surprised I haven't seen a nomination for the dev team as a whole.

Aside from the shitty Legendary system I have noticed that Blizzard level of polish has started to wane. Little things like getting constantly stuck on tiny rocks or other objects in the environment, numerous bugs, environment glitches and countless grammatical and spelling errors have surfaced. These things were always in the game but not nearly to the extent they are now. I last played during WotLK and I noticed far fewer issues like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    RNG for Titan/War forged. And on Legendary Gear. Makes gearing like Russian Roulette sometimes.

Legendary Again. How one piece can make so much difference in overall damage output or convenience even after nerfs. Making other drops feel useless or to situational to want to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind the general concept of the legendary system and having it be RNG with "bad luck protection," but I do think this kind of system doesn't work well when legendaries are a mix of throughput, survival, and situational legendaries. Getting a legendary should feel awesome, and whenever you get one that isn't a throughput one, it not only feels disappointing but it can even be frustrating when it means that it will be that much longer before you have a chance again at a good one. All the legendaries should have been similar; the bonuses should have been universally fun or situational or survival or throughput. Those categories shouldn't be competing with each other. I do prefer the Wrath/Cata/Warlords systems of long quest chains to create a legendary over the random drop method, but I don't hate the random drop in general. I just don't think it was executed in the best manner.

I am also not super keen on the artifact weapon system in general. I like the idea of unlocking hidden appearances and colours but I feel like it would have been served doing that with class flavour transmogs for armor and weapons with cool class quests that are not artifact related. Having one weapon for the whole expansion is kinda meh. Getting upgraded weapons is exciting. Incrementally updating the same weapon every day is, at best, unexciting and at worst, it's a chore. I didn't end up disliking the system as much as I expected but I'm also not way into it either.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    AP system. Just like current open world games, they share the same fundamental shortcoming. Repetition is boring.

The legendary system is pretty bad aswell. My hope is that both systems get totally removed for the next expansion. Worst human poison wow ever had.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The way legendaries are obtained and the whole warforged/titanforged on items.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    you do have power over it, its really not difficult to get 890 if i can do it anyone can, if you have to run a dungeon a bunch of times until you get a trinket roll TF, its not the end of the world. getting gear in the first place was worst in the past, i remember running dungeons and not seeing specific drops at all for 10-20 kills. if not much more than that.
    I perhaps didn't make it clear that I was talking specifically about legendaries and not any other type of gear (epics/blues and so on). Sorry if I didn't make that clearer, but it was a continuation of what Coffeexbean and I were discussing earlier

Quote Originally Posted by Bodymass View Post
    I perhaps didn't make it clear that I was talking specifically about legendaries and not any other type of gear (epics/blues and so on). Sorry if I didn't make that clearer, but it was a continuation of what Coffeexbean and I were discussing earlier
    no doubt the legendary system could have been better in certain ways, i think the drops were just the best overall answer to the question of, how do we give ppl legendary loot without gating it behind some specific grind.

for me it doesn't really matter what legendaries i get there isn't really much healer competition, at least not the same as dps competition so for us its mostly 'what legendary is going to help with the encounter the most' rather than 'i wish i had my dps legendary'.

I think that it really won't matter by the end of the expansion, the idea was obviously that you'd gain legendaries over the duration of the expansion and by the final tier you should have a decent selection to switch in and out depending on the encounter.

so a lot of ppl don't have their bis legendary so far, thats fine, it will drop for you eventually. arguably the legendaries would be even worst if each class got BiS first time. then you would get the ones you need and stop running content.

just the fact that you may not see your bis legendary until 7.3 makes them still some what legendary. the only thing that gave legendaries their status was that they were mostly stuck behind specific long quest chains and grinds or extremely low rng. even if you don't get your bis legendary you still get utility and or stat stick legendaries that have way more stats than regular epic gear. you do still get performance increases from stat stick/util legendaries. at least until you do get your main dps increasing one.

its just interesting reading the comments, there are a lot of armchair developers on this forum, but i'm reading polarizing statements ppl saying the legendaries aren't legendary enough, others saying the rng is too much, i mean which is it? are they too common or are they not common enough? they can't be both.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-02-21 at 02:59 AM.

Deleted
    - bad class design? check
    - annoying rng system everywhere? check
    - laughable story that is all over the place? check
    - boring and unimaginitive questing? check
    - worst world design? check

Quote Originally Posted by zupf View Post
    - laughable story that is all over the place? check
    - boring and unimaginitive questing? check
    i have to strongly disagree with that - problem is most people wont see it because to really appreciate the storyline you simply have to complete all 12 class campaigns - then you woudl see whole picture and how much juice blizzard put into this expansion .

i think storyline so far is brilliant on much much higher level then mop and wod , comparable easily to wolk .

but like i said gotta complete all campaigns

What is the worst feature of Legion?
    The players. Especially those wannabee raiders whining about legendaries.

for me its a tossup between legendaries and titanforging

The same people complaining about AP farming are likely to be the ones "there is nothing to do" in WOD.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would not be surprised that all in here will be complaining that they will miss certain things about Legion when the next xpac hits..

People who grind AP.

It wasn't intended to be something you intentionally do. You get it from general playing. But because people feel the need to "have to" they do it.

I have a few.

* The Kirin Tor WQ where you have to bounce from here to there.
    * Legendary drops. If you're lucky enough to get one, you still have to pray to RNG that it's a good one. Sad times when it's not.
    * The AP grind for players that have jobs or families....

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Let me guess, the people that keep hating titanforging are either:

- elitist , people that think WQ and LFR constantly give 900+ items, and "endanger" their raid itemlevel, the reality is shockingly different, sure you might see a high titanforge happen once in a while, over a pool of large number of players (guilds/raids), but to have it happen many many times on specific BIS pieces is an illusion. +15 isn't super rare but anything above that is, when repeating.

- don't consider it a "bonus" but expect it on 100% of item drops, that's not the way it was designed, it was always a bonus, and encounters are NOT tuned around titanforging

- want the easy way out doing low-mid mythic+ to expect titanforge on a specific piece instead of doing it at high mythic+ once again not considering it a bonus but a MUST
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-02-21 at 09:05 AM.

Deleted
    The implementation of retard mechanics since ToT. The birthplace of the thunderforged items... ironically it was one of the best recent raids ever... and it also introduced the worst retention mechanic ever, that has now been developed into a system that basically makes it impossible for people to play anything beyong 1, ONE spec.