[Kickstarter] Shardbound

Saw this game on KS and really dig the artwork. Not sure how I feel about the actual gameplay they've showed so far but thought I'd share it here.

Kickstarter Campaign page

Trailer

Last edited by ro9ue; 2017-02-20 at 02:23 AM.

Nice art, reminds me of Secret of Mana, etc....

but all I hear on the Kickstarter is twitchtwitchtwitch....

and this wouldn't be the first kickstarter (or videogame in general) that I thought had GREAT art, but I simply didnt have fun with.

I don't see how streaming or interacting with streaming improves my personal enjoyment of the game.

I'm intrigued. Looks much like Deulyst but with some added depth and more appeasing graphics/art (IMO). Did find it funny how they emphasized on Twitch integration, wondering how popular this mindset will be with future games.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Looks kind of interesting, but I feel like the system is needlessly complicated. I like CCGs and I like tactical-style games but I really don't feel the two would mesh well, particularly with a cover system like they described. Seems like it would just denigrate into pillar humping rather than the real show of "skill" like the one dev described it being. Very pretty-looking game, though.

Also, Twitch is stupid. I don't understand people who would rather watch other people play a game than play it themselves, but to each their own. That whole Twitch fangirling by the one dev just seemed like a desperate attempt to position the game as a competitive one way in advance of launch.

If it had a single player mode I might be more interested in it cause the artwork is pretty cool. The twitch stuff doesn't appeal to me at all tho.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    If it had a single player mode I might be more interested in it cause the artwork is pretty cool. The twitch stuff doesn't appeal to me at all tho.
    Yeah agreed, I could get behind a single player game with that art style and setup as well.