Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Pff one hour of farming per week gives me enough pots and flasks for 2 raidnights.

I agree it does suck in pugs. Using a flask and then the group ends up being bad, someone leaves etc, it's just a really bad deal and you spend most of the time waiting instead of pulling.
    I had one group yell at me for not using flask and food on a 2% wipe. The difference between me and the bottom dps was around 150-200k. I stopped using flask/food unless it's mythic or start of tier progression, too much of a gold sink.

The problem is when casual guilds demands potions on every boss pull even if they can't get the first phase.

15+ Year Old Account
    only consumable that can go to hell is augment rune, its such a MINISCULE gain and its 500g each for 325 main stat, why???
    We better get an "unlimited" augment rune for 7.2 >_>
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by devla View Post
    Have you ever raided even semi-seriously? Often your last 10-20 wipes are in the 1-5% range, where consumables can make the difference.
    Not true... as someone who has cleared all raids from ToT till ToV and now inc NH in heroic.. and unless you mean semi-seriously as in mythic only or something, my guild i have found and pugs aswell are super inconsistent, so you might want to think since you made it once to phase 3 now you will always make it there but...no you could just wipe to phase 1 a bunch of times again, then phase 2 and then woop just kill the boss with seeing phase 3 only 2 times.

Also in my guild since we have alot of players in the 5-50 percentile you can maybe tell that to make a guy who is 10 percentile use flask pot and rune means not much as if he stopped beeing a glass licker and went from 10 to 70 percentile he would increase his performance by an amount equal to 10 flasks and pots or more.

Member going around the world and killing stuff for buffs? I member!
    Member tribute runs in Dire Maul? I member!
    Member when there was no such thing as Guardian/Battle Elixirs and you could have as many buffs as you pleased? I member!
    Member when healing potions and mana potions didn't have lockouts and only had a cd and you were expected to spam them throughout the fight? I member!

TLDR: This thread has no basis in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "- Noggenfogger Elixir = Shrinks your character for 10 minutes. Works untill right-clicked or expired.
    - Noggenfogger Elixir = Slow fall on your character for 15 seconds. Works untill right-clicked or expired.
    - Noggenfogger Elixir = Transforms your character for 10 minutes. Works untill right-clicked or expired. Breathes underwater."

all 3 can be useful in some situations

- - - Updated - - -

Literally what?

Most raiders can get by with Prolonged Power potions, which are very easy to make in large quantities. Running a random Heroic can give you 30 pots by its lonesome, enough for raid night.

Vantus Runes are easily farmable, run LFR. You also don't *need* them unless you're doing serious progression.

Flasks can get a bit more expensive, true, but a midly organized guild can help cover for costs.

Same for Vantus Runes. And these are usually only used on serious progression too.

Most consumables are fine, they just create an economy for the professions to feed the raiders.

The augment rune is not ok. There is no difference from food. It servers no purpose. It is a waste of money and a waste of an inventory slot.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    Anyone else getting annoyed by the number of consumables required in raiding and mythic plus? Back then it was only flasks (2 hours) and food, now it's flasks food potions runes and vantus, costing gold is not the only issue, but whenever the boss doesnt die, you might get blamed for not eating this and that. Please Blizzard make it simple and allow a maximum of 2 buffs and be done with it.
    Potions have always played a part in organized group scenarios. If people weren't popping pots, they were doing it wrong
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Back then it was only flasks (2 hours)
    you quite clearly didnt play "back then"

i mean

mongoose pot+titans flask+winterfall firewater+felwood plants+hp pots+manapots+demonic runes+bandages+whetstones/oil+resistance potions and probably a bunch of other shit i dont even remember

you literally had to go into a dungeon/raid just to craft flasks let alone use them

also your guild should be financing your vantus runes

and anyway, augment runes are only really relevant in top tier mythic progression, which you clearly dont do
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-02-23 at 01:37 AM.

The only "annoying" consumable are Runes, really, and it's not like you use them every pull.

Just funnel mats to your alchemist through bloods, and there's no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    I raided in vanilla nd bc, this is super easy for consumables.
    Yeah, we don't even need a bunch of scrolls anymore. No sharpening stones or wizard oil. Only 1-2 potions per attempt rather than drinking potions every 2 minutes on every attempt. No resistance potions anymore. No demonic/dark runes for healers. No bandages.

TBC eased up on the requirements a bit by limiting elixirs, but flasks were still quite bad and most specs would use two elixirs that faded on death (like spell power + spirit). Raiding consumables have been lazy-mode since WotLK and the first "modern" flasks and feasts. Cata made it even lazier with cauldrons. MoP increased the requirements somewhat by adding runes, but it's still nothing compared to vanilla or TBC.
    Last edited by Alltat; 2017-02-23 at 07:27 AM.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.